HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 10, 2005, 12:58 AM
Mum is the word!
Joined Jun 2003
6,793 Posts
Help!
Need testers for Ritewings.

I have 3 sets of cores to give out and I am looking for some exp builders /fliers.The core's are the newest of the new in development of my new line.Heres the line up.

Demon 40' Needs power and loves 50 to 150+ mph.tracks strait hands off wide open.She turns on a dime like a pylon racer.
TL 40 great All around speed and handling sligtly lofty and is smokin fast. She is an all around great wing ,That will do rolling circles at 1/2 throttle ,While still being able to b smokin fast.
Version II of the 50' lightning different foil than the original and afew other mods to tip and chord and a new different foil.It has alot more room for the gear .It unloads better and is suitible for multiple drivetrain configurations.

One other question ? would you guys be interested in a Ritewing build method video CD?It will include some method on reinforcement layout and build tools and material description.
This is what I have to offer.I tweaked tested and ree tweaked , and flown these. And they are sweet, and I need some unbiased opinions.
Let me know what you guys have to offer as far as build exp and available drive train options.

Here are pix of the three models The TL and Demon are the same planform but the foils are different.And the orange and grey is the L 50 II.
Ck
klique is offline Find More Posts by klique
Last edited by klique; Mar 05, 2008 at 08:25 AM. Reason: add more pix
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 10, 2005, 01:01 AM
Who's your Slope Daddy !
Alta Vista Ca
Joined May 2003
379 Posts
Right here dude !!!! I will PM you
DSSlopeGuru is offline Find More Posts by DSSlopeGuru
Old Oct 10, 2005, 01:13 AM
resU deretsigeR
Dublin Ca
Joined Aug 2004
7,787 Posts
Sign me up..

I have been building for many years and have both foam and balsa skills have built and flown wings from 16" to 48" and have what ever it takes to push the wing along. Also I have developed my own smalish 40" flying wings back in my balsa slope days. the 40 would be better but the 50 would be just as fine. Just a bit harder to lug aroung in the Miata I have a BL double out runner, a few hackers and a few diffrent brushed motors ranging from 400's to 540's have servos suited for this craft also recivers and glues and covering.

If i do not have what I need my LHS and mail order is only a call away.

The CD would always help. But is not nessecery

Thanks for the chance..

Most recent build http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=425353

of have a look at http://viscovich.dhs.org for some of the other things I had going on.

Paul Viscovich
PaulVi is offline Find More Posts by PaulVi
Last edited by PaulVi; Oct 10, 2005 at 01:23 AM.
Old Oct 10, 2005, 01:25 AM
Bolivar, MO USA
Joined Oct 2004
13 Posts
Greetz there Mr K,

Given the dearth of hard copy build instructions for Lightning's et al, I probably would have sprung for an assist dvd. With a dvd you should be able to keep the cost down, modify the contents easily and burn copies as needed. While I didn't have any problems with my own build, I did spend some time squinting at your pic's trying to figure out how you had done yours. Ended up guessing and making assumptions. Turned out well in the end, but I don't think a build like that is for everybody.

Had my Lightning out at the field today. Still in good condition. Unreal the way the thing can climb straight up and in a few seconds be nearly out of sight. Had just maidened a rebuilt original Zagi 400 (EPP-styrofoam) speed 400 that had been moldering in my garage. Quite a difference!

Oh yeah, managed to grab a eRaider kit from HP this week. Nice fat airfoil. Figured i better grab one before they disappear for good.

DVD would be good.

r1
roedder1 is offline Find More Posts by roedder1
Old Oct 10, 2005, 01:28 AM
Mum is the word!
Joined Jun 2003
6,793 Posts
set ups

They Can be set up a few ways with a 3turn and 4000 or more mahr of 3s lipos.Or a 4turn with a 6/5.5 apc prop built light with 3000 or so lipo's.

The Demon can do the 3 turn thing or you can do like me with 2 4s 2600 wide or 2 4s 2200 n poly quest and a mega 4 or an HET typhoon 4 wind both with a 5.5/4.5 apc,and it will rip. Also a minimum on the 4s stuf would be a cc 60 ESC to be safe.
The demon just needs power and loves speed so some diapers might need to be had too LOL.The nice thing with the 4s setups is you can fly wide open for 10 plus miniuets or so.
CK
Old Oct 10, 2005, 01:38 AM
The other son of Daedalus
Sacramento, CA
Joined Nov 2004
1,136 Posts
JUDAS PRIEST! You have got to be outside your mind. Burn the DVD just for evidence of your place in history.

-Carl
memyselfandI is offline Find More Posts by memyselfandI
Old Oct 10, 2005, 01:43 AM
Mum is the word!
Joined Jun 2003
6,793 Posts
Paul V

What model are you interested in? I looked at some of your stuff and you have skills bro!
Ck
Old Oct 10, 2005, 01:52 AM
Mum is the word!
Joined Jun 2003
6,793 Posts
I know I know carl.My methods can be done rite or messed up badd, i kno.I am just seein if some exp wing buildes would entertain the fact wings can be taken to the next level if the love goes into the build.
hopefuly we can make wings not be so hated, and make them not so gooey and tapie.I have gone great lengths to do so.My builds blow away conceptions of the dreaded tape monsters and I have ben contemplating sharing the love to the people who would be willing to take the time to do it rite via pix and vid.JUst a thought at this point.
Ck
Ck
Quote:
Originally Posted by memyselfandI
JUDAS PRIEST! You have got to be outside your mind. Burn the DVD just for evidence of your place in history.

-Carl
Old Oct 10, 2005, 02:04 AM
The other son of Daedalus
Sacramento, CA
Joined Nov 2004
1,136 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by klique
I know I know carl.My methods can be done rite or messed up badd, i kno.I am just seein if some exp wing buildes would entertain the fact wings can be taken to the next level if the love goes into the build.
hopefuly we can make wings not be so hated, and make them not so gooey and tapie.I have gone great lengths to do so.My builds blow away conceptions of the dreaded tape monsters and I have ben contemplating sharing the love to the people who would be willing to take the time to do it rite via pix and vid.JUst a thought at this point.
Ck
Ck
My point exactly. Do the dang thing.
memyselfandI is offline Find More Posts by memyselfandI
Old Oct 10, 2005, 02:23 AM
Striving to Rip the Bring
San Diego, socal, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, the Orion arm, Milky way, Universe
Joined Apr 2003
6,320 Posts
I'm not in a position for building right now, but I'd like to day that whoever gets these planes is lucky....chris's designs are sweet. Like most "really great" kitters, he spends an ungodly amount of time tweaking an retesting his tesigns.

--Alex
raptor22 is offline Find More Posts by raptor22
Old Oct 10, 2005, 02:24 AM
Flap chap
Most Southern England, Brighton UK
Joined May 2004
1,934 Posts
I'm interested. I have an outrunner setup so i could test out that multi-train version you have (the version 2 50'')

James,
snakeX2 is offline Find More Posts by snakeX2
Old Oct 10, 2005, 02:25 AM
Striving to Rip the Bring
San Diego, socal, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, the Orion arm, Milky way, Universe
Joined Apr 2003
6,320 Posts
Chris, a dvd would be cool....with full vid coverage of a build. Like barne's vacbagging vids.

--Alex
raptor22 is offline Find More Posts by raptor22
Old Oct 10, 2005, 02:31 AM
Mum is the word!
Joined Jun 2003
6,793 Posts
James, man you live way far brother.
Ck
Quote:
Originally Posted by snakeX2
I'm interested. I have an outrunner setup so i could test out that multi-train version you have (the version 2 50'')

James,
Old Oct 10, 2005, 02:35 AM
Wandering IT geek
United States, NV, Reno
Joined Aug 2005
3,965 Posts
If you'd like to add a tester who has an intermediate set of building skills then sign me up. I've built a few kits, wings included, over the past few months and someone at my skill level might be better able to help you flesh out the documentation for the production kit.

If it helps at all I spent a good deal of my career doing technical writing/training...

Chris
ronin4740 is offline Find More Posts by ronin4740
Old Oct 10, 2005, 03:54 AM
resU deretsigeR
Dublin Ca
Joined Aug 2004
7,787 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by klique
What model are you interested in? I looked at some of your stuff and you have skills bro!
Ck

Ethier or but the 40 is simpler to transport. It is amaing what 10 inches can do in the way of getting it to the field or hangiong it out the windows..

Sent ya a PM.. Thanks.
PaulVi is offline Find More Posts by PaulVi