what is interesting is the servos are preinstalled
view pics of exite 400 at

http://www.strat.at/ english tranlation dosnt seem to work today

click on pylon and then exite 400

to view vidio click on
exite 400 vidio 12mg
realy good vidio worth the down load

http://www.strat.at/images/excite400_servos_640.jpg

the pics show the servo clearly embedded in wing and servos thickness must be less than 8 mm mayby 6.5mm

these servos seem to preform no problem when you watch the vidio of plane repeatly twinkle rolling verticaly up and verticaly down

I would like to if possible locate that type of servo and insert into the wing of my vooddoo plane so I can use the extra room for bigger cells and bigger motors

its not clear on the photos how the servo linkage is done as it seems to be servo arm internal movent and just an open pocket to see servo

Also if the servo breaks how to fix it and are gears available and do they exist in metal

the only arm type (unlikly to be worm gear type)servos I know that could do this funcion are
starting with the jr c100 3 gramm type
at 6.5 mm thick
with a reputed 0.8kilo push
(my tests on this servo suggest a lot less than that
mayby 100grams or less as it stalls at any resistance
or between 1/4and 1/10 as strong as a JR141 5.5 gram servo
and if you breath on the servo it strippes the teeth and am testing on my DLG Salomi in tail feathers where it seems to work ok so far)

pics of servos and voodoo and dlg servo at voodoo descussion
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=315267
and under treehog gallery

the dymond 4.4 gram type with thickness 7.5 mm and will in the future supply metal gears making it weight 6 grams
(weight is not the issue here thickness to fit inside wing is the problem)
I recived an PM from a spanish modeler that has both the c100 and dymond 4.4 gram and he says there is no contest the dymond 4.4 is much superior compared to jrc100

various other dymond are possible canditates as they are slightkly thicker 8mm 9.5 mm 10mm 11mm in thickness but personnaly I dought it

The last contender might be jr 141 5.5gram type but its 9.5mm thick and when i looked to put these into the wing of my f5d aeronaut FOX it seemed to be too thick and would need a bulge so scrapped that as I figured I needed to split the aerlion and have two servos for each wing
one jr141 for the elevator buried in the tail short link worked very well even in balsistic vertical dives

all info or even educated guess speculation welcome

mayby the jr c100 well proteced and only exposed to small pylon wing aerlion small movent of 2mm works well in this special enviorment but my experience of this sevo is it would need three or foour to each wing aerlion to work and a jr 141 5.5gram type would be close to limits with it reported 0.7kg push

If somebody does get a flush or near wing servo to fit and test fly repeatadly please let me know

I feel a purchase in christmas of an exite 400 about to happen if the credit card hasnt totaly melted from the christmas spending

what I realy need from the exite 400 is the (20c)kokam 4s 3200 lipo cells inbuilt into the wing and the mega turbine 16/17/x giving some 64amps*12volts = 760watts.............................

If you can see the plane flying your flying toooooooooo slooooooooow

Ralf
treehog is offline Find More Posts by treehog
Last edited by treehog; Oct 09, 2005 at 09:15 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 09, 2005, 10:31 AM
Bro
Southern California
Joined Feb 2003
1,930 Posts
Excite 400

Ralf;
here are some more pics of the Excite 400......

http://www.soaringusa.com/products/p...ategory_id=265

Happy Landings!
Bob

www.SoaringUSA.com
Bro is offline Find More Posts by Bro
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 09, 2005, 10:35 AM
Japan, Tokyo, Setagaya
Joined Jan 2005
214 Posts
Hi Ralf,

the website states these are Dymond D47 servos, it also looks like that in the pic (yellow control horn). I consider these the little brother of the D60, they are quite sturdy and precise for their size. You won't have issues with them in a S400 size racer.

Philipp
Akerman is offline Find More Posts by Akerman
Old Oct 09, 2005, 10:45 AM
UN Earth peoples true enemy
Euroland
Joined Jan 2004
1,797 Posts
nice pics
http://www.soaringusa.com/cart/cart....d_image&id=777

thats a good photo of the system
as I am in Europe presently not far from austria I will probaly drive go to austria to buy the plane

pity they didnt put a servo in the tail also to do the elevetor

I built my voodo with s400 brushed 3 hs55 servos using double sided tape in about one hour and then another hour to sort out folding prop and then went to fly total three hours

with exite should take mayby 20 minutes to build as I will still have to sort out elevator servo

mayby 2007 cant wait for shake the box out falls ready made exite400 with 1000 Watts system preinstalled

Ralf
PS
Akerman
just saw your info will recheck site
(throw it into google tranlator or wbael fish whatever)
and dymond47 specs

thanks
Last edited by treehog; Oct 09, 2005 at 11:00 AM.
Old Oct 09, 2005, 11:04 AM
Zurich, Switzerland
Joined Oct 2002
899 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by treehog
exite400 with 1000 Watts system preinstalled
Forget it, the Kokam3200 won't fit into the Excite400. Get a TP2100 prolite pack for optimum performance, 3s will definetley fit, 4s should also fit since the aileron servos are in the wing
KrisS is offline Find More Posts by KrisS
Old Oct 09, 2005, 11:36 AM
Euroland
Joined Jan 2004
1,797 Posts
www strat.at site info tranlated by google translator

original german version at www.strat.at

The Excite 400 is full GRP suspension tower of the 400'er class. It is to be steered very precisely and covers a broad speed spectrum. Within the high-speed range it feels so correctly well. With a completely normal speed 400 and 7xGP1100 reach them breath-robbing 140 km/h. With Brushlessantrieben there are then nearly no more borders. In the surface already 2 Stk. high-quality D47 Servos are inserted. Into the ailerons the enclosed eye bolts are to be bonded and be connected with the linking. The wing is thus already finished. Tail unit to plug together (centering boreholes and pins already made) and to the trunk with second adhesive fasten. Elevator servo into the trunk stick, eye bolt in the LTW and finished. As last step the engine is to be bonded into the finished engine frame.

In the trunk cells place and engines of the speed 400-480 class find up to 10xGP1100. We recommend a MEGA Acn 16/7/5, TMM 2512-3, 4,7x4,7 slat, 8 cells or 2S Lipos or MEGA ACn 16/7/6, TMM 2512-3, 4,7x4,7 slat, 3S Lipos

specs on dymond 47 from google search
http://www.rc-dymond.com/Radio_Electronics/servo.htm
d47 is 8mm thick
my jr 141 9mm thick of which I have some 12 or more off will have to go into my voodoo then and I will live with a 1 mmm bump
(hopefully it dosnt slow me down too much)
I havent even got cooling hole cut into fuse in case it results in slowing me down so as to try to match or exceed KrissS speed of 147mph with voodoo

the brushed s400 version of exite speed of 140kph =87.5 mph or 90 approx
a brushless version if it ever reached speeds of 180mph
(155 mph seems to be absolute max brick wall speeds)
would have quadrupled the forces on the control surfaces so its very important to find the correct servos capable to do the job
figure the d47 is up to the job but funds presently dictate unless the servo thickness of 9mm wont work will have to go with jr141 for now

common servo manufactuers we need credit card thin servos that can put out standard servos 3 kgs of push 40onz roughly preferably digital and metal geared so my guesss the first one to do that will be VOLZ

Ralf
Old Oct 09, 2005, 11:51 AM
Euroland
Joined Jan 2004
1,797 Posts
preinstalled 4s2p TP2100

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisS
Forget it, the Kokam3200 won't fit into the Excite400. Get a TP2100 prolite pack for optimum performance, 3s will definetley fit, 4s should also fit since the aileron servos are in the wing
4 TP2100 built into the wing at manufactuering stage and another 4 TP2100 in side the TRUNK fuse that is
that would give 2*13c or 28c alot better
that would be fun

Ralf
Old Oct 09, 2005, 02:26 PM
England
Joined May 2000
1,486 Posts
Ralf I use D60's / ripmax BF109 in my F5D plane, I did not know there was a smaller version!

D60 may be slight overkill for a sp 400 but if the smaller servo is as durable then I will have to get some for my stinger.

Here is the D60 in the wing, the wing is about a mm thicker than the servo

Regards

Kyri
Kyri is offline Find More Posts by Kyri
Old Oct 09, 2005, 08:09 PM
United States, VA, Leesburg
Joined Feb 2003
2,472 Posts
Kyri, what is the wrap on the servo rod?
down_shift is offline Find More Posts by down_shift
Old Oct 10, 2005, 12:50 AM
England
Joined May 2000
1,486 Posts
The thin steel rod was not stiff enough so I wrapped a cf tow around it and applied a few drops of thin ca. Its not the prettiest arrangement but its slop free and seems to work well.
Kyri is offline Find More Posts by Kyri