HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 15, 2002, 07:27 AM
Plane hugging cat
Mackay Queensland Australia
Joined Sep 2001
1,355 Posts
Showing off with the Mini Max

I admit it. I'm a showoff.

Took the Mini Max out for a spin this afternoon after the wind calmed down. Was using a freshly peaked 8 cell 650mah nimh pack with an 8x6 prop.

The guys next door spotted me heading for the back and said "there he is with his plane, fly it over here there's plenty of room". So I hand launched it, achieving a near vertical climb. "Look at the climbout of the thing" one guy said, which of course made me do 20 consecutive loops to show off even further. After that I chased a crow around and settled back for some low and slow circuits making people stare as they drove past in their cars.

Landed the plane after 22 minutes of flying, not because of flat battery although it would have been getting low. It was getting dark and I had trouble seeing where I was going.

I sure do love this little plane even though there are so many newer planes on the market now.

245 flights and counting.
Vonbaron is offline Find More Posts by Vonbaron
to remove ads between posts
Old May 15, 2002, 01:14 PM
Las Vegas Realtor
Las Vegas
Joined Feb 2002
1,114 Posts
I'm with you, the Mini Max is an outstanding plane with an outstanding value.
Inari is offline Find More Posts by Inari