HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 06, 2005, 07:52 AM
Denver
Joined Mar 2004
433 Posts
New Product
E-flite Blade CX Coaxial Heli

In the December issue of FLY RC there is an ad for E-flite's new Blade CX RTF Helicopter.
I have searched the web including Horizon Hobby's website witout results.
Does anyone know anything about this new heli?
Thanks
vrex is online now Find More Posts by vrex
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 06, 2005, 05:15 PM
Dodge City, Kansas
Joined Oct 2003
1,048 Posts
photos please

do you have a copy of the ad that you can scan and post? Hopefully, it's not another esky "baby"..the one that Balsa products imported. The 4-in-1 and sloppy connections were its downfall.
Stan in Dodge City
Swilson50 is online now Find More Posts by Swilson50
Old Oct 06, 2005, 09:03 PM
tic
thunderscreech
New Cumberland, PA. US
Joined Dec 2000
10,936 Posts
As is typical, it is seen in the mags but won't be available for quite some time
tic is offline Find More Posts by tic
Last edited by tic; Oct 06, 2005 at 09:26 PM.
Old Oct 06, 2005, 09:43 PM
Dodge City, Kansas
Joined Oct 2003
1,048 Posts
Looks like the Esky Baby

Thanks for posting the ad. From looking at the rotors, shaft and rotor mounting, it looks like the Esky Baby. I sure hope that Horizon gets them to "improve" the 4 in 1 and the sloppy ball bearings and connectors.

Other than that, it really looks "cute"

Stan in Dodge City
Old Oct 07, 2005, 03:09 PM
Georgia
Joined Mar 2002
1,685 Posts
Some stuff looks the same as on the Esky, but on the other page in the ad the CX is shown with both motors in front of the rotor mast side by side. It doesn't look exactly like any of the others of this type from what I've seen.
Bill Mixon is offline Find More Posts by Bill Mixon
Old Oct 07, 2005, 03:19 PM
Dodge City, Kansas
Joined Oct 2003
1,048 Posts
I hope it's changed

I am anxiously awaiting this x helicopter. Can you scan and post the other page of the ad (for those of us who don't get our magazines early. (it seems that it's hard for the usps to find Kansas)
Stan in Dodge City
Old Oct 07, 2005, 03:48 PM
Georgia
Joined Mar 2002
1,685 Posts
I would scan the detail images and post, but I'm not sure about the copyright issues.
Bill Mixon is offline Find More Posts by Bill Mixon
Old Oct 07, 2005, 04:15 PM
tic
thunderscreech
New Cumberland, PA. US
Joined Dec 2000
10,936 Posts
I'm not afraid
Old Oct 07, 2005, 05:08 PM
Dodge City, Kansas
Joined Oct 2003
1,048 Posts
Similar but different from Esky Baby

Thanks for the post. The motor arrangement is definitely different from the Baby, but the rotor hubs etc. look very familiar. I still hope that Horizon had it made "to their specifications."
Thanks,
Stan in Dodge City
Old Oct 07, 2005, 06:11 PM
17 years on RCG!
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Dec 1996
3,112 Posts
Hello everyone,

As you can see, the latest issue of Fly RC hit the shelves a little earlier than anticipated

That said, more details will be available on our site in the next few weeks after the "official" announcement and release at the iHobby Expo. For those who will be attending the iHobby Expo, youll be able to see the new Blade CX in action for yourself, flown in our booth, during show demos and during additional demos throughout the "World Micro Heli Cup."

Some quick info:

- The Blade CX is an all new design never yet available in the marketplace. While rotor head and swashplate characteristics/components may be similar to other models in the market today (there are not many significantly different ways to execute a coaxial, counter-rotating blade design), the main frame, body design and many other components are exclusive to the BCX.

- On that note, the 4-in-1 unit is an all new design, lightened and improved for better performance and even easier setup/use. It performs extremely well and is housed in an attractive transparenet gray case to match the included E-flite S75 servos. A lot of time has been spent in testing and development of this new 4-in-1 unit to provide the best possible performance.

- As mentioned above, this model includes E-flite S75 servos...faster, stronger and more accurate than those found in other similar models. Full spares are also available seperately for the servos:

http://www.horizonhobby.com/Search/D...&OverallCatID=

- The BCX includes a custom shaped and configured 7.4V 800mAh LiPo pack with balance charge lead and Charge Protection Circuitry. "Balance" charging is handled by the included DC "Balance" charger for the utmost in charging safety and long term battery life/performance.

- Like the Blade CP, the BCX will be supported (with both plentiful spare parts and service) by Horizon Hobby and hundreds/thousands of shops in the US.

The Blade CX truly is one of the best looking, best values and easiest flying helis around. Its not only perfect for first-time pilots, but great for experienced pilots looking for a micro heli you can actually enjoy indoors, allowing you to practice nose in hovering, backwards flying and more. Its a great way to build stick time during the winter months or before moving on to a more advanced helicopter model (ie - Blade CP).

More details on the release date will also be available in a few weeks, but I would highly suggest you get the Blade CX on your Christmas wish list now
Jason M is offline Find More Posts by Jason M
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 07, 2005, 06:32 PM
tic
thunderscreech
New Cumberland, PA. US
Joined Dec 2000
10,936 Posts
Oh great,, now the wife will want to know why I need ANOTHER indoor micro heli.. thanks a lot.
Old Oct 07, 2005, 07:09 PM
Dodge City, Kansas
Joined Oct 2003
1,048 Posts
Thanks Jason

Jason,
Thanks for the update. I will definitely be one of the "first" to buy this heli. As I mentioned earlier, Southwest Kansas is the last to get things. The hobby shops in Wichita did get the Blade soon after you released it, so I guess I'll have to plan a trip.
Stan in Dodge City
Old Oct 09, 2005, 04:16 PM
Helena, MT
Joined Feb 2003
2,913 Posts
Looks like we might finally have a contender to offer an alternative to Hirobo. What will be the pricepoint?

How about a brushless upgrade?
LTChip is offline Find More Posts by LTChip
Old Oct 09, 2005, 04:18 PM
United States, OH, Columbus
Joined Oct 2002
224 Posts
Looks Good Jason

Thanks for the good info Jason.

Two questions I have regarding the helicopter are:

1.) My (successful) experience so far with electric helicopters is with the Bladerunner, but it does have it's limitations. I know this new machines shares the BR coax-rotor format, but also has servos. Forgive my novice questions, but is this basically the BR concept with the addition of cyclic control (since it has servos ?). This may be the next best step for me. It seems like this has many more control possibilities then the BR, correct ?

2.) What are the flight times you are seeing with the standard LiPo battery ?

Thanks in advance,

Pete
Buckeye95
Buckeye95 is offline Find More Posts by Buckeye95
Old Oct 09, 2005, 04:22 PM
tic
thunderscreech
New Cumberland, PA. US
Joined Dec 2000
10,936 Posts
price is $189 I believe.. This heli OR the hirobo XRB is 10 times the heli your bladerunner will ever be. You can bank left or right.. can't do that w/ the BR. FAR more maneuverable.. ... Flight times should be around 10min.