HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 14, 2002, 03:18 PM
Wisconsin, USA
Joined Jan 2001
160 Posts
Weight/Loading differences between LT40 and Kadet Senior

Topic says it all. I learned on a Senior and have decided to build another, but wondering about a comparison in weight and loading. TIA, Todd
Helibee is offline Find More Posts by Helibee
to remove ads between posts
Old May 14, 2002, 08:34 PM
Dave Segal
Philadelphia PA USA
Joined Jun 2001
551 Posts
I can offer a comparison that may be of some use if you look at the smaller Sig trainers as I built both the Seniorita and the LT-25.

The Seniorita wing area is 746 sq.in., weight complete (taildragger) 61 oz. for a wing loading of 11.8 oz./sf. The LT-25 wing is 724 sq.in., weight 68 oz. with a loading of 13.5 oz/sf. Both planes had the same OS.25 engine and similar radio gear and covering material.

Now for the comments which you did not ask for. (G)
Both planes are fine fliers. The Seniorita is lovely to look at and the LT-25 is graceless. The Seniorita instructions are hopelessly out of date (how to use silkspan, why to consider using a throttle!) and it is excessively complex in the cabin area. The LT-25 is a masterful redesign to take advantage of laser cutting technology which produces a marvelous light, strong, accurate wing and the instructions are excellent. As you are experienced builder you can just take your choice. But I would steer any newcomer away from the Seniorita.

Dave Segal
Dsegal is offline Find More Posts by Dsegal