HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 03, 2005, 08:19 PM
USA, OR, Chiloquin
Joined May 2005
80 Posts
2m Klingberg wing power?

I got my old 2m Klingberg wing out of the rafters and dusted it off. Plan to convert it to EP and maybe even add landing gear...Has anyone tryed it with this wing or have any suggestions on a good setup for a 2m wing?

Bruce
Flyinb is offline Find More Posts by Flyinb
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 03, 2005, 08:48 PM
The Magician.
Lucas, Kansas
Joined Nov 2002
1,849 Posts
Hey Bruce,

I've had a number of Klingbergs over the past 20 years or so, and even some of them electric. For a decent setup that will be light and about the right speed for effecent flight, I would go with an outrunner that can spin an 8-9 inch prop (folder) and a 3 cell Lipo. Aim for no more than 12-14 Amps at WOT (more power than that gains very little on the 2M Klingberg).

I have a 100 that I am currently electrifying, but it is a real tank (read heavy) even as a pure sailplane.

Justin
birdofprey is offline Find More Posts by birdofprey
Old Oct 04, 2005, 08:09 AM
USA, OR, Chiloquin
Joined May 2005
80 Posts
Thanks Justin for the numbers...that will get me started. Have you done any other mods that make it fly any better with power, wingtip winglets? Its been many years but i remember it as a decent flyer on the slope.

Bruce
Flyinb is offline Find More Posts by Flyinb
Old Oct 04, 2005, 09:43 AM
The Magician.
Lucas, Kansas
Joined Nov 2002
1,849 Posts
I did ditch the auto-yaw system and went with 2 vertical winglets made of Monokote covered 1/16 inch balsa about 4 inches tall. I cut a slot in the solid balsa tip with a razor saw about 1/4 inch outside the last rib, and made it parallel to the last rib. This made it easy to get proper alignment and a simple and light install. If the slot is tight enough, than you do not need to glue the tips in, and they can be removable.

Justin
birdofprey is offline Find More Posts by birdofprey