HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 03, 2005, 03:04 PM
Joined Sep 2004
451 Posts
CNC router Advice needed

I have been wanting to build a CNC router for some time now, and I recently revisited www.stepperworld.com and found that they have an economy set-up http://www.stepperworld.com/ click on FET3/econo which the price$199 is right for me it comes with 60oz steppers The unit is assembled and tested

I would like to cut depron, and sheet balsa and some 3D work with foam and balsa plugs as well with this router. My questions is : Is 24 inches a minute good? and will this give me any trouble if I use the jgro free router design from cnczone.com??
Or should I wait until hobbycnc.com has the 3 and 4 axis units back in stock??(which I would have to assemble myself) and are not as clean as the stepperworld that has a nice power unit

Any thoughts??
mrbaseballny is offline Find More Posts by mrbaseballny
Last edited by mrbaseballny; Oct 04, 2005 at 12:26 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 04, 2005, 01:25 PM
I see the future.
Halfmoon Bay, BC, Canada
Joined Feb 2002
2,136 Posts
Visit Xylotex.com I have been using their boards for quite a while. They are reliable and economical.
Also those 60 Oz steppers are weaklings, go for 116 at least, again available from xylotex, prewired.
xylotex comes with resistor circuits built in so you can easily attach limit switches and relays for added functionality.
Far better set-up and similarly priced.
Colin
Yukonho is online now Find More Posts by Yukonho