SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 02, 2005, 01:02 PM
California
Joined Sep 2005
2 Posts
Question
Simulator/Joy stick set up for a new guy

I recently bought a new Dragon Fly and was given websites for downloads of the FMS FLIGHT SIMULATOR and PPJoy joystick emulator. I dowloaded both and have a short cut to them on my desktop. I can open the FMS SIMULATOR and everything there seems to be ok. My problem is I then cannot get the PPJoy to interconnect to fly the simulator. The place I bought it said use ALT Tab to switch between programs but when I do I lose visual of the FMS. I have redownloaded both programs with he same result.!!! Someone please help and advise as I don't want to attempt the helocopter before getting he feel on the simulator. Please advise as I have had the copter a month without flying. Will be watching for your answer to my problem.
dannie watkins is offline Find More Posts by dannie watkins
Last edited by dannie watkins; Oct 02, 2005 at 01:10 PM. Reason: miss spelling
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 02, 2005, 01:45 PM
Joined May 2004
143 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannie watkins
I recently bought a new Dragon Fly and was given websites for downloads of the FMS FLIGHT SIMULATOR and PPJoy joystick emulator. I dowloaded both and have a short cut to them on my desktop. I can open the FMS SIMULATOR and everything there seems to be ok. My problem is I then cannot get the PPJoy to interconnect to fly the simulator. The place I bought it said use ALT Tab to switch between programs but when I do I lose visual of the FMS. I have redownloaded both programs with he same result.!!! Someone please help and advise as I don't want to attempt the helocopter before getting he feel on the simulator. Please advise as I have had the copter a month without flying. Will be watching for your answer to my problem.
been a long time since i used that program but have you tried starting ppjoy first then fms

just a thought
stevehickey6 is offline Find More Posts by stevehickey6
Old Oct 02, 2005, 02:20 PM
California
Joined Sep 2005
2 Posts
FMS & PPJOY

I'll Try It And See What We Get. The Instructions Said Start Fms And Then Ppjoy But, Who Knows, Thanks.
dannie watkins is offline Find More Posts by dannie watkins
Old Oct 06, 2005, 03:09 PM
Central Lower Michigan
Joined Aug 2003
235 Posts
I have FMS as well and the first time starting it I didnt have visual either. I had sound though. What I did was I started to reduce the visual aspects of the program and found out a how to fix it. I went into Graphics and then options and turned off the mipmaping under textures. Now I get a great visual but its not completely clear but it works. I have an old video card (8mb). This is my problem. -----Tony
aantoin is offline Find More Posts by aantoin