HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 12, 2002, 03:38 PM
Permanently banned
Mesa, Arizona, USA
Joined Jul 2000
2,976 Posts
House FLY Stuff (Post 2)

I thought I start a new Post on the House FLY Stuff.

This is what the House FLY Aluminum/Carbon limited edition looks like, some components like the antirotation arm and servo holders have not yet been installed but here is a start of a sequence of photos. The frame and some componetns was already shown in HF Stuff Post 1 earlier in this E Zone Helicopter forum. There have been many enhancements to make the parts more robust in liew of people wnating a full aluminum frame going with more powerfull motros.

For more details and photos please visit the new microrotors.com web site this is the unsolicited web site that published my original House FLY DIY (Do it Yourself) design and made plans availale for everyone to enjoy. Many of my Micro Heli Design Journals are there also for your pleasure.

Mario is offline Find More Posts by Mario
to remove ads between posts
Old May 12, 2002, 03:44 PM
Permanently banned
Mesa, Arizona, USA
Joined Jul 2000
2,976 Posts
The beauty of natural CNC aluminum even un-buffed can be appreciated here in the House FLY aluminum Barless rotor head. This photo was taken prior to installing the control link pivot balls on the head and swash plate. Note the single large diameter teeter pin with the washers for higher prrecision. I don't use ball bearings because I feel these are not required, the pin pivots on the head with a bit of lithium grease just fine. This also saves a bit of weight if ball bearings would have been used.
Last edited by Mario; May 12, 2002 at 03:59 PM.
Old May 12, 2002, 03:54 PM
Former bpp dude
Joined Oct 2001
1,025 Posts
Looks awesome Mario!
ls77 is offline Find More Posts by ls77
Old May 12, 2002, 04:10 PM
Permanently banned
Mesa, Arizona, USA
Joined Jul 2000
2,976 Posts
in this photo the frame can be seen witht the new aluminum post. I made it round for simplicity but have also done it rectangular like the original plastic HF post. The round post allows 90 and 120 degree popsitioning of servos right on the post. Thre photo doesn;t show the servos mounting yet.

The new Hub can be clearly seen it has a wider base for "2 set screws instead of 1". This also provides a support for the antirotation arm.

The set screws are MIA screws, machined to look the way you see them in the photos these are custom and not available as off the shelf componetns. I make these screws this way to provide a uniqueness and particular style to my products.

TO the right the head installed, I like the particular blend of aluminum with black and brass pivot balls, not only this add to the aesthetics of the helicopter but also to the preision of the control system. h
Old May 12, 2002, 04:26 PM
Permanently banned
Mesa, Arizona, USA
Joined Jul 2000
2,976 Posts
This photo is a bit out of sequene, but I thought I include it
anyway to show a close up of the rotor head and a view from above.

The House FLY head design is the most simplest of all of my head designs, its precision with simple minimum parts is what I find most attractive and reason why I have been so into the House FLy instead of my larger micro helis lately.

I have been flying my House FLy's with the aluminum head you see in these photos, it's been extremly addictive. No broken head parts, no rotor head popping off, no lost bearings, minimal adjustments.

I purposely left my blade grips in plastic. This is for 2 reasons:

1) Provide the proper damping on the barless head, this has been introduced in the original blade grips type of plastic which are also used on the aluminum barless heads after much experimentation.
2) To provide a less expensive break point in case the rotor crashes against a hard surface.

The One-Piece tail motor gear box can be seen to the left along with a high performance gear, originally used on micro RC cars.

As with every design there are gives and takes. keep in mind this aluminum carbon setup is only one of my favorite options, Not necessarily my very top setup.

Enjoy!
Old May 12, 2002, 06:39 PM
Beaverton, OR
Joined Apr 2000
328 Posts
mario, did you get my email last night?
aerodragon is offline Find More Posts by aerodragon
Old May 12, 2002, 07:14 PM
3D Toy Designer
USA, CA, Hesperia
Joined May 2001
4,491 Posts
Looks Great

Mario,

The fly is looking sooooo nice.

It went from a tame heli into a mean sonofa B^&*%!!

Bill
MicroRotors is online now Find More Posts by MicroRotors
RCG Plus Member
Old May 12, 2002, 07:34 PM
United States, FL, West Palm Beach
Joined Jun 2001
2,214 Posts
Hello

All I can say is this FLY is a work of art

Wow!

Carlo
Eco8gator is offline Find More Posts by Eco8gator
Old May 13, 2002, 04:52 AM
New Brunswick, Canada
Joined Jun 2001
65 Posts
Dito Eco8gator,

It is so beautiful, it should be the SuperFly! Keep the pictures comming, and video would be nice if possible .

Build on Mario!
blink_boy12 is offline Find More Posts by blink_boy12
Old May 14, 2002, 05:12 AM
Permanently banned
Mesa, Arizona, USA
Joined Jul 2000
2,976 Posts
Here is a photo of the antirotation arm. The arm can be positioned front/back or sideways depending on servo and motor type to be installed on the frame. The antirotation arm is closed tip but it can be cut to provide an open slot and easier installation of the swash plate antirotation pin between the slot. I liked the closed tip so I left mine as shown in the photo.

Last edited by Mario; May 14, 2002 at 06:06 AM.
Old May 14, 2002, 06:56 PM
Fort Wayne IN USA
Joined Jan 2001
40 Posts
I want one.........how soon will they ready for sale? Bill
Mcfly is offline Find More Posts by Mcfly
Old May 15, 2002, 12:07 AM
3D Toy Designer
USA, CA, Hesperia
Joined May 2001
4,491 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Mcfly
I want one.........how soon will they ready for sale? Bill
How soon will what be ready??????

Bill
MicroRotors is online now Find More Posts by MicroRotors
RCG Plus Member
Old May 15, 2002, 05:05 AM
New Brunswick, Canada
Joined Jun 2001
65 Posts
Psss, I think he was talking to Mario and put Bill in by accident and asking when will these frames and all hop-up's be ready for sale. Am I correct?
blink_boy12 is offline Find More Posts by blink_boy12
Last edited by blink_boy12; May 15, 2002 at 02:29 PM.
Old May 15, 2002, 05:30 AM
Manassas, VA, USA
Joined Feb 2002
651 Posts
I suspect his name is Bill as well.
Stregone is offline Find More Posts by Stregone
Old May 15, 2002, 06:50 AM
Sticky Shepherd
Oxford/England
Joined May 2001
4,017 Posts
Maybe he wants the bill