HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 24, 2005, 04:39 AM
Asker, Norway
Joined Feb 2003
313 Posts
AerodromeRC Fokker D.VII - Pictorial build thread

I will not write much about how the building of this plane is done. As the prototype thread is a very good source for that: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=176430

This is more of a "picture update" thread, as the kit differs from the prototype in a few places.
Admiral Piett14 is offline Find More Posts by Admiral Piett14
Last edited by Admiral Piett14; Sep 24, 2005 at 09:20 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 24, 2005, 08:20 AM
Asker, Norway
Joined Feb 2003
313 Posts
Pictures
Old Sep 24, 2005, 08:44 AM
Asker, Norway
Joined Feb 2003
313 Posts
This is how far I have come. And I'm now in the process of choosing paintscheme, which I have. See picture.

Does anybody know which OAW version this is? As I have to make the right cowl sides for the right version.
Last edited by Admiral Piett14; Sep 24, 2005 at 09:22 AM.
Old Sep 24, 2005, 03:55 PM
St.Petersburg, FL
Joined Feb 2004
1,345 Posts
The Albatros Publications Fokker D.VII anthology Vol.1 (p.61) has a photo of Ltn. Ernest Riedel sitting on the wheel of this plane. It's a 3/4 on shot and shows some of the port side louvers on the cowl. The original Datafile on the D.VII (#9) has drawings of the OAW cowl panels.

sp
sperry is online now Find More Posts by sperry
Old Oct 17, 2005, 12:50 PM
Asker, Norway
Joined Feb 2003
313 Posts
I've made some slow progress during the last few weeks. The woodwork is complete and I have started covering it. I'm using SoLite which will be dulled down with Prymol and then spraypainted.
Does anybody have any experience with Prymol? Since this is the first time I am going to do this, how do I use it?

I have also been trying to print Lozenge pattern on Litespan using a inkjet printer to make it easier for me, but with no luck. So I will most likely have to paint it .
Old Oct 17, 2005, 12:59 PM
East Anglia, UK
Joined Sep 2002
29,703 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Admiral Piett14
I've made some slow progress during the last few weeks. The woodwork is complete and I have started covering it. I'm using SoLite which will be dulled down with Prymol and then spraypainted.
Does anybody have any experience with Prymol? Since this is the first time I am going to do this, how do I use it?

I have also been trying to print Lozenge pattern on Litespan using a inkjet printer to make it easier for me, but with no luck. So I will most likely have to paint it .
All I have done is take a wad of tissue from the bathroom, soak it in prymol and wipe it over the solite.

Ther is a tendency for it to sag and sag again when painted. Heat guns work though until the paint has completely set...I ended up drying the paint with a heat gun
vintage1 is offline Find More Posts by vintage1