HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 11, 2002, 08:19 PM
Kamloops
Joined Dec 2001
6,844 Posts
Problems with your zagi prop comming off even with a bit of CA? Fix it here!

I was having this problem with my Gunther spoon props. Here is what i did.Go to a bicycle shop and get some spoke nipples I think they are 24 gauge but i am n ot sure they came from a 26 inch 21 speed road racing bike(Wheelchair but the same rim)Now Take out the spinner altogether and insert a spoke nipple after you have put a dab of CA on it. Make sure you have put the prop on the right way as the spoke nipple has thread going all the way to one end and the other and has a little bit where there is noo thread you want this end to slip onto the shaft of your motor once agian you will have to use a little bit of CA to attach the nipple to the motor shaft now you will not have anymore props spinning off your motor shaft. When you want it off heat it up a little with a soldering iron and it will slip off. If your prop breaks off then put a little flame froma lighter to it and it will come off even faster.Here is something else that would work.I am not sure what it is called or even what it is exactly for but it is a plastic piece that has ribs going up it so that when you push it into whatever it was supposed to go into it could not back out. Anyways the hole at one end is the right size for a speed 400 and the outer diameter is that for the zagi prop. Just trying to give you guy`s a feww ideas of what you can find around home as i am finding the spinner that comes with the props just does not want to stay CA`d onto the motor shaft. I have had no problems with the"Mods" satying on

Mal
kushal_22 is offline Find More Posts by kushal_22
Last edited by kushal_22; May 11, 2002 at 08:49 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old May 11, 2002, 08:52 PM
Kamloops
Joined Dec 2001
6,844 Posts
'
Old May 11, 2002, 08:53 PM
Kamloops
Joined Dec 2001
6,844 Posts
OOPPSSS WRONG PIC
Old May 11, 2002, 09:31 PM
Retired USAF, A&P mechanic
United States, WA, Puyallup
Joined Jul 2001
427 Posts
not to be smart, but a prop adapter from hobby lobby would be better, only $4 for 2.3 mm shaft.

then, other props can be used, like apc and master airscrew.

IMOHO
Ronbo is offline Find More Posts by Ronbo
Old May 11, 2002, 11:32 PM
Kamloops
Joined Dec 2001
6,844 Posts
That would work even better. But when you are in need of something while you wait for it to come from Hobby-lobby they work quite well.