SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old May 11, 2002, 08:02 PM
Manila, Philippines
Joined Jul 2001
568 Posts
Dymond RC - Racist!

I posted a message in this forum a few days back regarding my order for a super turbo charger from dymondrc and paid via credit card. Follow up via email regarding confirmation of the order proved nil so I use the ezonemag as venue.

Last night I received a mail from Helmut (guy must be German) stating that they don't ship to my country (the Philippines) due to incidence of credit card fraud and instead asking me to pay via certified bank check and to be "a honest guy for a change". A verification from the credit card issuer (Citibank) however confirmed that there was a transaction with Dymondrc for this order. What is Helmut saying now? I resented his remark against me and my country but nevertheless I am demanding that he shipped immediately my order. For Helmut's info I have lived in Germany for a couple of years and presently work for a German company. His remarks are uncalled for.

As a businessman, apparently dymondrc is afflicted with the syndrome where the right hand does not know what the left hand is doing.
Gerry Santos is offline Find More Posts by Gerry Santos
to remove ads between posts
Old May 11, 2002, 09:08 PM
I'd rather be Flying
Nashville, NC, USA
Joined Mar 1999
2,958 Posts
RACISM...Are you nuts?

To be a wary of doing business in situations that are similar to others where you were burned is only good common sense. Changing your business practices to limit losses is smart. There is no God given right to have your credit card accepted.

Where is the racism of which you speak? Throwing around such an inflammatory label is very serious. Perhaps you can find another way to express your displeasure with Helmut's decision that doesn't reek of the now so typical reaction of trying to make every simple little problem into something resembling the worst perversion possible.

Did he really say that you, personally, were dishonest? Does he have reason to believe you are, in fact, dishonest?

If the right hand does not know what the left is doing, that's just poor business practice. You should be ashamed of yourself for making such an accusation on such skimpy evidence as you present. I'm disgusted with this type of behavior. You should apologise for your remark!
davecee is online now Find More Posts by davecee
Old May 11, 2002, 10:10 PM
Outside of Dyer, Tn. USA
Joined May 2000
7,135 Posts
Gents, I changed the title of the post because it violates my simple rules. Please review them if you need to. I can understand your frustration with this transaction but feel that there are ways of making the same points without being rude or inflammatory....
Don Sims is offline Find More Posts by Don Sims
Old May 11, 2002, 10:35 PM
Manila, Philippines
Joined Jul 2001
568 Posts
Ok, it may not be racism but you should read his email to me wherein he mentioned that they don't ship orders to my country because of the high incidence of card fraud and his statement to me "to be honest for a change" surely is not acceptable in a business transaction. I have plenty of orders from Tower, Hobby People, Hobby Lobby, Hobby Horse and even Ikarus and they never treated me this way and fact some were very generous. I used the forum just to vent my displeasure about dymondrc regarding my last order and wish that Mr. Helmut would go through the details of may order. For your info my card approved this last order. My card happens to be a Citibank Visa.

You are correct that racism is not the proper term for this note. Thanks for your remarks.
Old May 12, 2002, 12:02 AM
sal
NSP (Vermont)
Joined Aug 2000
2,695 Posts
Due to the incredible amout of fraud in certain countries overseas it is reasonable to ask for physical proof of a credit card.

Credit card companies hold the vendor resposible for fraudulant charges, especially if you cannot prove the buyer's address and card. It is impossible to do this through the card system. You can only prove card holders in the USA. Western Europe and Japan are usually no problem, but there are many other countries that you can almost count on fraud. This is an unfortunate fact. Now, with overseas orders we ask for the front and back of the credit card to be faxed along with a signature to prove the card holder is who he says he is.

I have never been ripped off in the usa.
I have lost thousands in overseas transactions.

BTW...it has gotten so bad that some merchant services companies will not allow you to put foreign orders in with US orders. They have to be batched separately due the amount of CC fraud.

On the otherhand we deal with products that have a limited appeal and ceratinly are not like TVs or Jewelry which can be easily fenced. Once we do business with someone in a foreign country we can assume there will be no problems and this has served us well.
sal is offline Find More Posts by sal
Old May 12, 2002, 12:26 AM
Joined May 2000
2,837 Posts
a different way.....?

Hi Diplomacy is a slippery path....but we here in the USA are under cyber seige and are probed constantly. Perhaps a gentleman's agreement can result in a differnt method of funds transfer?Hemut and Zyggy are pioneers in importing electrics back since 1997! They are certainly German and welcome to it.! So Helmut.....I send you a long overdue surprise tomorrow..thanks for your understanding. Best Regards Bleriot
Bleriot is offline Find More Posts by Bleriot
Last edited by Bleriot; May 12, 2002 at 12:28 AM.
Old May 12, 2002, 06:47 AM
I'd rather be Flying
Nashville, NC, USA
Joined Mar 1999
2,958 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Gerry Santos
Ok, it may not be racism but you should read his email to me wherein he mentioned that they don't ship orders to my country because of the high incidence of card fraud and his statement to me "to be honest for a change" surely is not acceptable in a business transaction
OK, show us the e-mail so we can put the whole thing in context. Perhaps you could also show us your e-mails too so we can see the tone of your messages to him?

Did you know that your assumption about Helmut's ethnicity,
( guy must be German ), could be construed by some as evidence of YOUR bigotry?

I still think you owe an apology ( haven't seen it yet!) to Helmut and the group for playing the race card!
Old May 12, 2002, 06:06 PM
Manila, Philippines
Joined Jul 2001
568 Posts
I think this matter can be settled amicably between me and dymond rc only without further complicating the issues. Thanks for the valuable insights. To Don, thanks for a very good forum. Kudos!
Old May 12, 2002, 09:37 PM
I'd rather be Flying
Nashville, NC, USA
Joined Mar 1999
2,958 Posts
OK, my last entry on this. You made a very public accusation of racism. You owe a public apology!!!
Old May 13, 2002, 08:45 PM
Manila, Philippines
Joined Jul 2001
568 Posts
Mr. Chewning

Dymondrc already replied to me and have shipped the order to my country. Case settled. No need for other parties to be involved.

Regards
Old Jul 11, 2002, 04:47 AM
PUGZ RULE!
Joined Jun 2002
557 Posts
OH NO!

I'm from the Philippines and I just found this thread. I already put an order in with rc-dymond. I have not gotten an email from them either. DYMOND, if your reading this, just confirm if you cancelled my order and we'll have no problem! JUST LET ME KNOW WHAT HAPPENED TO MY ORDER, if I have to, I'll try somewhere else. Rgds Juan Trinidad
juantrinidad is offline Find More Posts by juantrinidad
Old Jul 11, 2002, 06:19 PM
jah
BALD MEMBER
North Georgia
Joined Nov 2001
1,851 Posts
Gerry, I went to Google and did a search on Credit card fraud, and quickly found this little tid-bit on a web site that consults with small business on E-commerce:

"Be Wary of International Orders
International credit card orders online are more likely to be fraudulent than orders from your home country. Take extra care when accepting credit card orders from foreign sources. Countries in particular to watch for include Russia, Nigeria, Romania, Hungary, Mexico, Egypt, the Philippines, and Indonesia.

Consider a policy of not shipping an order to a foreign "

Bottom line, I think Dymond RC is a great vendor, and as far "No need for other parties to be involved" then you should not have posted this online.
jah is offline Find More Posts by jah
Old Jul 11, 2002, 07:12 PM
PUGZ RULE!
Joined Jun 2002
557 Posts
RC DYMOND!

Actually, for legitimate hobbyist from Russia, Nigeria, Romania, Hungary, Mexico, Egypt, the Philippines, and Indonesia, there is a need for this thread!

I still haven't heard from them. Not even a order cancellation which I wouldnt mind. So for citizens of the above countries, CAVEAT EMPTOR!
juantrinidad is offline Find More Posts by juantrinidad
Old Sep 25, 2007, 05:50 PM
vem
Joined Sep 2005
32 Posts
Oh Please, Helmut and Dymond is a vendor to admire. Many purchase have I, with no complaint and 100% happy camperness. Vem
vem is offline Find More Posts by vem
Old Sep 26, 2007, 03:29 PM
tic
thunderscreech
New Cumberland, PA. US
Joined Dec 2000
10,936 Posts
With a name like Helmut, it's not unreasonable to assume the guy is German. I like Germany.The Germans make very good marching bands
tic is offline Find More Posts by tic