HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Sep 22, 2005, 11:44 AM
Registered User
Danbury, CT
Joined Jun 2005
1,298 Posts
Anyone need a 50shore GRP front tire?

GS racing sent me 2 front instead of the front and rear I had ordered. Its brand spanky new. Sell it for what i payed for it.

16$ plus shiping
^jynx^ is offline Find More Posts by ^jynx^
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 22, 2005, 01:27 PM
Registered User
Danbury, CT
Joined Jun 2005
1,298 Posts
Pics always help things sell faster.


^jynx^ is offline Find More Posts by ^jynx^
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2005, 02:34 PM
Bruce
Palmdale, CA
Joined Sep 2005
2,776 Posts
Is GS Racing the only place to get GRP tires in the US? CNR doesn't carry them.
slawsonb is offline Find More Posts by slawsonb
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2005, 02:36 PM
Registered User
Danbury, CT
Joined Jun 2005
1,298 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by slawsonb
Is GS Racing the only place to get GRP tires in the US? CNR doesn't carry them.

i belive so
^jynx^ is offline Find More Posts by ^jynx^
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2005, 04:14 PM
STeve B in NC
mollycbr123's Avatar
North Carolina, USA
Joined Sep 2003
7,756 Posts
Haven't seen them on the CNR site in quite a while.
mollycbr123 is offline Find More Posts by mollycbr123
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 2005, 12:40 AM
Chicken Chaser
rcfreak20's Avatar
memphis, tn
Joined Dec 2004
87 Posts
is 50 harder or softer?
rcfreak20 is offline Find More Posts by rcfreak20
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 2005, 06:27 AM
Registered User
Danbury, CT
Joined Jun 2005
1,298 Posts
50 is the harder. It has a time wear rating on the back. says 280minutes for the 50, and 240 for the 45.
^jynx^ is offline Find More Posts by ^jynx^
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 2005, 07:44 AM
Registered User
w00p's Avatar
Belgium
Joined Jun 2005
741 Posts
4 and a half hours?
Mine look brand new and have ran more than that! (also 50's)
w00p is offline Find More Posts by w00p
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 2005, 07:26 PM
Chicken Chaser
rcfreak20's Avatar
memphis, tn
Joined Dec 2004
87 Posts
Jnyx you have a message
rcfreak20 is offline Find More Posts by rcfreak20
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2005, 12:11 AM
STeve B in NC
mollycbr123's Avatar
North Carolina, USA
Joined Sep 2003
7,756 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by w00p
4 and a half hours?
Mine look brand new and have ran more than that! (also 50's)
You just aren't running them hard enough. I usually get about 220-240 minutes wear out of mine.

J/K! I've had the same set of tires on bikes for well over a year. They have been run hard the whole time, and they are still in (pretty) good shape. Just ask some of the guys that were at the LA races what my tires look like.
mollycbr123 is offline Find More Posts by mollycbr123
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2005, 01:12 PM
Registered User
Canada, BC, Sparwood
Joined May 2002
267 Posts
So would this be the tire to upgrade from the very v-shaped front tire that comes stock on the thunder tiger? If not what tire would you recommend?
thriller is offline Find More Posts by thriller
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2005, 02:19 PM
STeve B in NC
mollycbr123's Avatar
North Carolina, USA
Joined Sep 2003
7,756 Posts
It would be a fine upgrade
mollycbr123 is offline Find More Posts by mollycbr123
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2005, 03:23 PM
Registered User
w00p's Avatar
Belgium
Joined Jun 2005
741 Posts
There is GRP threaded (this one) and there is PMT slicks.
Not much difference to note between them besides you'll probably be better off with the grp set if your surface is less than ideal (dirty, rough, worn asfalt)
If you have top notch surface (newly laid road, very good parking lot, track) slicks might give you a little edge, but probably not that much.
It comes down to these factors for 35% and personal preference for the other 65% on choosing between threaded and slicks.

Bottom line: unless you want the racy look of slicks, buy this one, and try to get yourself a matching rear tyre aswell (stock TT tyres don't only have bad shape at front, but are made of low quality low gripping material)
w00p is offline Find More Posts by w00p
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25, 2005, 03:00 PM
Chicken Chaser
rcfreak20's Avatar
memphis, tn
Joined Dec 2004
87 Posts
So0o0o0o is this tire still for sell? Jynx i'm still waiting?...........
rcfreak20 is offline Find More Posts by rcfreak20
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion FS: NIB GRP 50shore front tire ^jynx^ Motorcycles 6 Mar 29, 2006 07:46 PM
Question In Need Of A Front Tire (non-stock) rcfreak20 Motorcycles 1 May 18, 2005 10:50 AM
Anyone need an AP-29L? David Hogue Electric Ducted Fan Jet Talk 0 Apr 12, 2002 09:45 PM
Anyone need custom decals... Chris G Hansen Parkflyers 3 Jan 30, 2002 11:20 AM
Husky anyone? ( need advice ) poobs Parkflyers 2 Sep 06, 2001 09:04 PM