HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 19, 2005, 06:03 PM
Joined Oct 2003
915 Posts
dual aileron setup for Great Planes U can do 3d EP

Hey all,

I'm about to go to the LHS tomorrow and pick up a Great Planes U can do 3D EP. I'm just wondering about what I need in order to run a dual aileron setup. I've got a GWS receiver and transmitter - no mixing or anything. Do I just need some kind of splitter in order to plug both servos into the one port on the receiver? I was planning on buying this plane for a while and looked at the list of required equipment and saw that they said you need some servo extensions, but nothing about any kind of extra connector. Your input would be appreciated, as would any opinions on this plane - any good?

Thanks alot,

Rob
robster94gt is offline Find More Posts by robster94gt
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 19, 2005, 08:44 PM
I used to be all thumbs...
United States, KS, Pittsburg
Joined Mar 2005
7,058 Posts
Yes, you would need a Y cable connector for the ailerons and 2 12" extentions for the rear servos. I also used 2 6" extentions for the ailerons, but I think I could have done just fine with one long Y cable if you pull the string in the wings right.

Start with one server connected to the Y cable, and tie the other servo end of the Y cable to the string, pull it all the way through to the other side IF IT WILL REACH (Check it first to make sure it is long enough). Connect it, and then use neadle nose plyers to grab the cable in the center of the wing and pull it through the hole and into the fuse.

I think that would work, and save you from having to buy a couple more extentions for the ailerons.

Mabye someone else will correct me if I'm wrong.

Now, to talk about the U Can Do 3D EP. Have you read up on the plane in the forums? I have one now, I'm not flying it much any more, but it was a great plane to learn 3D on. Make sure you reinforce the leading edge of the wing, and the inside of the battery compartment with some tape of some sort. I also ran tape down the bottom of the fuse. The EPP is nice and forgiving, but it can rip with a bad landing. On the plus side. I LOVE building with Hot Glue, and talk about quick fixes.
NumbSkull is online now Find More Posts by NumbSkull