SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jul 11, 2001, 08:58 PM
Cincinnati, Ohio USA
Joined Nov 2000
4,359 Posts
Just Unpacked GWS Tiger Moth - Impressive Instruction Book!

I have just unpacked my new GWS Tiger Moth & am getting ready to start building. The instruction book is amazing, color & gloss. My Litestick instruction book was poor & my GWS Pico Pack instruction book was just about worthless! At any rate, I can tell this is gonna be a fun project!
mrebman is offline Find More Posts by mrebman
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 12, 2001, 08:33 AM
These go to eleven...
Hickory, NC
Joined Jan 2001
446 Posts
The Tiger is an amazing plane. Have a dozen flights in the past three evenings. I followed the directions to the T and my tiger has flown hands-off since the first flight. Bless the CEO of GWS. I hope he's making $ hand over fist.

Dan
dstout is offline Find More Posts by dstout
Old Jul 12, 2001, 09:24 AM
Senior to who? Member
Annapolis, Maryland USA
Joined Feb 2001
2,450 Posts
Is it aerobatic? I just trashed my PicoStik
beyond quick repair so its time to throw the Moth together. I've been wondering if the wings would be rigid enough for loops etc
My attempts with a very well guyed(rigging)
Pico results in the dihedral increasing to
90 deg so I dont consider it good for looping
Crossup
Quote:
Originally posted by dstout:
The Tiger is an amazing plane. Have a dozen flights in the past three evenings. I followed the directions to the T and my tiger has flown hands-off since the first flight. Bless the CEO of GWS. I hope he's making $ hand over fist.

Dan
crossup is offline Find More Posts by crossup
Old Jul 12, 2001, 02:37 PM
"Simplify, then add lightness"
Raleigh,NC
Joined Nov 2000
2,701 Posts
It is very maneuverable for a rudder/elevator plane. It loops easily. The wings are very strong. I toss mine all over the sky, in my ham fisted attempts at aerobatics, and never worry about overstressing it. The only times I have got in real trouble I was flying inverted too close to the ground. Without ailerons, you can't roll out of inverted flight and have to do a half loop. Maybe it is my flying, but mine won't maintain altitude while inverted.
jeffs555 is offline Find More Posts by jeffs555