SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 18, 2005, 02:47 PM
San Jose,Ca
Joined May 2005
147 Posts
Wattage Pt-19 vs HL Pt-19

Which one of these planes is better?Anybody have them?

Wattage Pt-19

http://www.redrockethobbies.com/Prod...ode=WATT128387

Hobby-Lobby Pt-19

http://hobby-lobby.com/pt19.htm
Ferocious Franki is offline Find More Posts by Ferocious Franki
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 18, 2005, 05:02 PM
Darien, Illinios
Joined Aug 2005
183 Posts
I would be interested in the same comparison. I have strongly considered the Hobby Lobby PT-19 as my next plane after the GWS PT-17 that I just finished building, (too windy to fly). Please let me know how things go with which ever plane you decide to build. Have you considered the Tigermoth 400? I have flown my 350 all this summer and find it perfect for the tiny park that I fly in, (must hand launch-no runway surface available), so the 400 might be an appropriate upgrade to the 350. The PT-19 might be too heavy? What do you think?
modelmaster2001 is offline Find More Posts by modelmaster2001
Old Sep 18, 2005, 05:46 PM
Aerowizz
Orlando, FL
Joined Oct 2004
111 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferocious Franki
Which one of these planes is better?Anybody have them?

Wattage Pt-19

http://www.redrockethobbies.com/Prod...ode=WATT128387

Hobby-Lobby Pt-19

http://hobby-lobby.com/pt19.htm

The Watt-age PT-19 has as a lower wing loading and a shorter wing span than the Hobby-Lobby version. However the Hobby Lobby PT-19 might be a higher quality kit. I would like to see a build thread of the hobby lobby version if someone out there has one.
aerowizz is offline Find More Posts by aerowizz
Old Sep 18, 2005, 11:27 PM
Captain Carnage says......
Seminole (St Pete.), Florida/ Seminole Crash Fest
Joined Jun 2002
5,329 Posts
AirWarriorBelgy is offline Find More Posts by AirWarriorBelgy
Old Sep 29, 2005, 01:56 AM
Earth
Joined Apr 2004
79 Posts
I got one!

I got my wattage PT-19 for about $40 dollars with my employee discount. I have built it completly stock with the wattage 370G, 3 HS-55's, Electron 6, Pixie 20 ESC, and the wattage 2s 1500 lipo. Since I am a perfectionist, I built it perfect, so I hope I'm a reliable source to you. However I made the wing flat instead of with that UGLY diheadral. I have to say the plane looks AWESOME, and the weight was even less than what I expected. I still have yet to fly it, but from my experiences with other stock built wattage planes I own, I'm sure it will be a great performer. I bought this PT-19 not only for its cost, but for its looks as well. Wattage is absolutely correct when they say that the plastic fuselage has more detail than a built up wood one, and I have to say the structural integrity of the plastic is just as strong and lighter than any wood one of similar size that I have had before. You'd be suprised at just how well stock planes can fly despite how ridiculous some recommendations may seem.
Hope this helps.
BytheBookie3 is offline Find More Posts by BytheBookie3
Old Sep 29, 2005, 11:40 AM
Hooper, full throttle!
USA, NY, East Islip
Joined Feb 2004
11,066 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BytheBookie3
Wattage is absolutely correct when they say that the plastic fuselage has more detail than a built up wood one, and I have to say the structural integrity of the plastic is just as strong and lighter than any wood one of similar size that I have had before.
Thats good to hear as I have the JU-87 on order
Tommy D is online now Find More Posts by Tommy D