SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 17, 2005, 04:32 PM
Joined May 2005
825 Posts
Family farm in Southern Alberta

I took my airplanes home to visit my family on the farm a few weeks back. Rigged up a very quick and dirty mount for my nikon 3700 which didn't protect the camera at all, so I did break in on a hard landing (on concrete... what was I thinking). Took some video and tried out some still shots. I'm not happy with the timer mode, so I'll have to rig up a servo trigger or something next time. Also I am not happy with the quality of 3700 stills, even though I always killed the motor when they were taken. Here are a few of the better shots attached to this message. Taken from a GWS slow stick, with a BP-12 brushless and 3-cell battery.

I definitely need a much better mount and probably a better camera (a new one anyway). Also I think a new wing with ailerons will be better, at least in the gusty Alberta air.

I noticed that my slowstick flies much, much better with the camera than without. It's less twichy and jumps around a lot less. Also the extra weight really makes it glide nice. On one flight up to about 1000', I glided for 2 1/2" minutes on the way down.
caseih is offline Find More Posts by caseih
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 20, 2005, 08:00 AM
Farnborough, Hampshire, England.
Joined Jan 2002
2,133 Posts
No crop circle makers in Alberta then eh!........

Another great Nikon 3700 and SS combo!..........mine does well in the wind with the added weight of the Nikon.
I have a BP21 and a 9x7 prop on 2 lipo. does just fine.

Good effort.

Ian
farnboro flyer is offline Find More Posts by farnboro flyer
Old Sep 20, 2005, 09:32 AM
Smile & wave
Lancing West Sussex
Joined Jun 2005
3,441 Posts
Well done on your pictures…. You are now on a fantastic learning curve and in for a load of fun as you progress.

Gray
Gray is offline Find More Posts by Gray
Old Sep 20, 2005, 09:51 AM
No Guts No Glory
Switzerland
Joined Feb 2003
1,232 Posts
Flat, flat , flat

Living in Switzerland, no big flat area in the whole country, I have always liked the big flat plains of America. Thanks for the pics and I must realy once visit Utah.
kestrel2003 is offline Find More Posts by kestrel2003