Craig
climber is offline Find More Posts by climber
to remove ads between posts
Old May 09, 2002, 06:18 PM
MKH
Ohio
Joined Mar 2000
2,597 Posts
I looked into this once, but didn't get very far. Someone else posted that Icare could supply the right stuff, but I never got around to writing them. Thay are an Ezone sponsor. Also, Azarr sells APC folders and small Hackers, so he may have some info. Ecubed is his company name.

MKH
MKH is offline Find More Posts by MKH
Old May 10, 2002, 05:56 AM
Old age is not for sissies
Dayton Intl, Ohio, United States
Joined Jan 2000
7,719 Posts
Since the APC Folders have an 8mm prop hole, the real problem is finding a prop adaptor with a 3mm motor/gearbox shaft and an 8mm prop shaft, haven't found one yet, but with patience, you can shim the prop using various tubing combinations.

Azarr
ecubedrc.com
Azarr is offline Find More Posts by Azarr
Old May 10, 2002, 02:52 PM
Supersonic Engineering
UK, Greater London, Uxbridge
Joined Mar 2001
3,095 Posts
Forget the adaptor and use an integrated solution! I can supply a HM Lightspinner in whatever diameter you need, with the metal yoke bored to fit the 3mm shaft of the Hacker gearbox.

Gordon
GordonTarling is offline Find More Posts by GordonTarling
Old May 10, 2002, 07:26 PM
Giddy up!
Woodridge, Illinois
Joined May 2000
4,478 Posts
I bought an adapter from Kirk @ New Creations. I think it's a MP Jet. He supplied me with a sleeve also to fit inside the hub of the APC folder.
Sal C is offline Find More Posts by Sal C
Old May 11, 2002, 05:59 AM
Old age is not for sissies
Dayton Intl, Ohio, United States
Joined Jan 2000
7,719 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by GordonTarling
Forget the adaptor and use an integrated solution! I can supply a HM Lightspinner in whatever diameter you need, with the metal yoke bored to fit the 3mm shaft of the Hacker gearbox.

Gordon
Unfortunately APC chose to go against convention and their blades are not drilled for a pin, you're required to use their hubs with their blades unless you modify/drill them yourself.

A shame really, since the blades seem very efficient. Of course, the spinner/yoke solution is a great solution for other brand folders.

Azarr
ecubedrc.com
Azarr is offline Find More Posts by Azarr