HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 16, 2005, 02:34 AM
Joined Sep 2004
72 Posts
need help setting engine

I am very new at RC and have a question about my os .46fx I understand the needle valve settings but then there is the adjustment screw right inside the throttle/carborator. I don't know what it does or how to use it.
MoD_Eagle is offline Find More Posts by MoD_Eagle
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 16, 2005, 03:15 AM
Letchworth, Great Britain (UK)
Joined Jul 2004
12,013 Posts
That's the slow-running adjustment. To check if you need to change its setting, start the engine and get it running nicely by adjusting the main needle (if you haven't already done so). Then open the throttle quickly from idle to full and observe what happens. If the engine speeds up smoothly without hesitation, no adjustment is needed; if the engine sounds like it's choking, and then dies, the slow-running needs to be leaned-off a bit; if the engine just dies without choking (no smoke), the slow-running needs to be opened up a bit.

Make only very small adjustments, as the idle needle is very sensitive. Turning it clockwise will lean it, and anti-clockwise will open it.
abenn is online now Find More Posts by abenn
Old Sep 17, 2005, 02:09 AM
Joined Sep 2004
72 Posts
hey, thanks man, I appreciate you helping me.
MoD_Eagle is offline Find More Posts by MoD_Eagle
Old Sep 17, 2005, 08:58 AM
God is good
Banjul
Joined Jan 2001
4,246 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by abenn
That's the slow-running adjustment. . . .
ALso called the "idle valve".
Viper Pilot is offline Find More Posts by Viper Pilot