SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 15, 2005, 01:51 PM
Joined Sep 2005
3 Posts
Question
plans for indoor EDF jet

Hello!

I'm totaly new here and I'm having a bit of trouble of finding information about indoor depron EDF jet's.

I want to build a depron jet for indoor use only. I'm thinking of the GWS EDF40 or EDF50. I can't find any plans voor building such a plane.

Can you help??

Thanks in advance
Ruud
RuudNL is offline Find More Posts by RuudNL
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 15, 2005, 02:16 PM
New Hampshire, USA
Joined Oct 2002
299 Posts
Welcome Ruud. Take a look at the top of the "Jets - Pushers" section and you'll find lots of plans for depron jets. Some of these have been converted to use fans. All are probably a bit too fast to be flown indoors (...unless your "indoors" is very large )

In any case you may get some ideas there.
RickG is offline Find More Posts by RickG
Old Sep 15, 2005, 10:05 PM
Hey Now
Cocoa Beach, Florida
Joined Feb 2004
2,655 Posts
Check out http://www.foamtasticmodels.com I just tried the site and it did not come up. I don't know what is wrong...possible server problem. Here is the link to the build thread on the Yak-23 http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=247868 The plan is no longer free but is well worth the couple of dollars. It is an excellent flying little foam EDF.

I have flown my Yak-23 indoors on numerous occasions. I have used a 12mm Feigao motor and a stock brushed motor indoors. I think I prefer the brushed motor indoors as the airplane is lighter and a bit slower.
Scott
speleopower is offline Find More Posts by speleopower
Old Sep 15, 2005, 11:38 PM
MN WATTS Master
United States, MN, Mankato
Joined Jul 2003
7,385 Posts
Perhaps you want to check out http://www.fan-tasticmodels.com/ for an idea of what indoor EDF's are like. These are not plans but kits though.
Vintauri is offline Find More Posts by Vintauri
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 16, 2005, 05:14 AM
Micro Jet Pilot
Joined Jul 2005
2,091 Posts
if you going to fly a jet indoor, I suggest using the smallest fan availlable (edf40?). Build a small jet around it and your indoor space is large enough...

an edf30 would be even more suitable for a real indoor jet but you could also mount a large fan on top of a slowflyer and call it a jet
Chris T is offline Find More Posts by Chris T
Old Sep 16, 2005, 10:46 AM
Gravity is a harsh mistress.
United States, MI, Temperance
Joined Sep 2002
6,600 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintauri
Perhaps you want to check out http://www.fan-tasticmodels.com/ for an idea of what indoor EDF's are like. These are not plans but kits though.

Here's a link that will save you a few bucks on the Fan-Tastic jets:
http://www.fan-tasticmodels.com/special.htm

I've also seen video of a Flying Stryo F-16 flying in a gym. Speed on par with the Fan-Tastic Mig-15 and F-86.
Tim Wolff is online now Find More Posts by Tim Wolff
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 16, 2005, 12:56 PM
Joined Sep 2005
3 Posts
Hi All,

Thanks for the response, I realy like the boeing and airbus
I think it's a bit to much for me right now, but I will considder it.

I have visited the links but I'am still missing the thing I was looking for.
Aren't there custom plans available to download? Like some many sites for indoor 3D models (foamyfactory, batix3d etc etc).

I'm looking for a realy simple plan... I have a small plane which I think is possible to convert to EDF... the flight weight is approx. 3.9 OZ... the GWS EDF40 gives a thrust of 2.54 oz must the thrust at least exceeds the flighing weight?I mean it's for indoor... I don't want a real jet.... only sound

Thanks
Ruud
Old Sep 17, 2005, 01:44 AM
Beware of the Kiwi
Chilliwack, BC
Joined Jan 2004
110 Posts
The thrust should be at least half the weight. That should be ok, if you can keep the weight from going up too much.
killerkiwi5 is offline Find More Posts by killerkiwi5
Old Sep 17, 2005, 09:37 AM
Joined Sep 2005
3 Posts
Thanks! I didn't know that.

From the 3D models I always understand that trust should be at leat equal to the weight of the plane, but this is because of prop hanging and other stuf.
When I can start from half weight there are more options

I will take a look at the options and probably post more info tonight on the setup I have in mind.

Greetings from the netherlands
Ruud
Old Sep 17, 2005, 12:26 PM
Suspended Account
Grove City PA basement/park
Joined Feb 2005
4,884 Posts
Rudd, if you saw the gymnasium video of the Fantastic Mig and Sabre, you should be sold. I'll get one of these some day myself. Too cool!
scratchandbash is offline Find More Posts by scratchandbash
Old Sep 17, 2005, 12:53 PM
United States, MD, Solomons
Joined Feb 2002
1,987 Posts
Tanguy or anybody,
Do you know if Grenadeindoor is selling a kit or ARF of his A380? or maybe the plans? i really want one of those!!!

Kyle
gromitvt10 is offline Find More Posts by gromitvt10