SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 14, 2005, 10:03 AM
Alphabandaid
Marshfield, Wisconsin, United States
Joined May 2003
1,259 Posts
Third Party Trex Blades?

Am thinking of getting a Trek this winter after using my HB for two years. I've been using and very happy with LIke90 blades, but have never noticed third partyTrek blades mentioned in threads. What do users recommend for Trek Blades?
Thanks
aplphabandaid is offline Find More Posts by aplphabandaid
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 14, 2005, 10:57 AM
Australia
Joined Mar 2004
2,358 Posts
well, the truth is the stock trex woodies work just fine, or the plastics for bashing around. If your seriouse, get some SAB carbon blades.
Philpops is offline Find More Posts by Philpops
Old Sep 14, 2005, 11:48 AM
OpenPilot
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Apr 2004
1,792 Posts
I did some blade testing this weekend, its all subjective of course but I actually like the woodies a lot. I was lucky enough to get a good set of the Align all black blades and these fly almost the same as the woods expect they are hard to see. I also have some MAHs and these are real nice blades however, they are US$60 a set Vs US$10 a set for the woodies and they are not 6 times better!

For value 3rd party blades, the mavrick from heliproz are getting good reviews and Align is also comeing out with some more CF that are coloured. Hope the quality is not so hit and miss this time.
dankers is offline Find More Posts by dankers
Old Sep 14, 2005, 01:11 PM
Alphabandaid
Marshfield, Wisconsin, United States
Joined May 2003
1,259 Posts
Thanks all.
aplphabandaid is offline Find More Posts by aplphabandaid
Old Sep 14, 2005, 01:16 PM
Joined Jan 2004
49 Posts
I have a set of the MAH ones...and the headspeed is definitely higher, and the controls more crisp and precise. They also don't make the heli nose-up in FFF.

But they also don't have as much lift at the same pitch as the stock woodies. They are not so much better than the stock woodies (which I am amazed how well it flies with). I just crashed my TREX doing acrobatics from about 20ft...and the MAH blades are not even damaged! Actually, the whole heli was damaged only slightly. Tough little birds, those TREX's!

matt
hoovdini is offline Find More Posts by hoovdini