Old May 09, 2002, 07:37 AM
God is good
Banjul
Joined Jan 2001
4,246 Posts
Graduated but diploma's denied?

Check this out :

http://www.cnn.com/2002/fyi/teachers....ap/index.html

The comment, "Initial estimates show that up to 95 percent of District C seniors have made a post-secondary commitment this year. Last year, without the policy, 54 percent took that step."
probably indicates that 45% of the students lied about what they're plans are .

Isn't this a civil rights violation, or something???
Viper Pilot is offline Find More Posts by Viper Pilot
Last edited by Viper Pilot; May 09, 2002 at 07:41 AM.
Old May 09, 2002, 10:03 AM
Purple power
shadow hills,ca
Joined Apr 2000
6,592 Posts
living in so. cal nothing surprises me any more. it's outragious.but then it is public school......gregg
gregg f is offline Find More Posts by gregg f
Old May 09, 2002, 10:05 AM
Houston
Joined May 2001
797 Posts
this won't last long
lymon is offline Find More Posts by lymon
Old May 09, 2002, 10:29 AM
I'm kind of a big deal
Tarpon Springs, FL USA
Joined Feb 2002
852 Posts
What's wrong with just getting a job. I work in construction and we have a hard time finding people who want to make it a career. My work force is getting old, many young folks (I'm 33) don't want a job in anything thats labor intensive. To big a deal is placed on college, heck I should know I have an Engineering degree.
At least they consider trade schools and the military as valid goals. I hope they have trade school programs at the high school level.

Crash
Tarpon Shawn is offline Find More Posts by Tarpon Shawn
Old May 09, 2002, 11:38 AM
God is good
Banjul
Joined Jan 2001
4,246 Posts
I work in education, and 54% is good numbers for non-workforce HS seniors. I can't believe it.

I do remember one HS Principal that told all seniors that when they are introduced they should announce their college plans. If they didn't plan on going to college (or military), they should say they're going to the local Community College. She wanted things to "look good" in front of the public.

Imagine instilling lies in these children to make inflate your own ego.

Isn't this really the same thing??

VP
Viper Pilot is offline Find More Posts by Viper Pilot
Old May 10, 2002, 02:34 AM
Will work for planes
Fullerton, California, United States
Joined Jan 2002
1,783 Posts
I heard about this and I Know It wrong. Our tax dollars paid for their education,books, and what not. So did their parents and I know some of them have to have jobs. So some of them paid for them selves. I personaly didn't care to participate in my graduation but these kids should not be denied what they earned.
omega blood is offline Find More Posts by omega blood