SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 13, 2005, 04:53 PM
Miami FL
Joined Aug 2005
641 Posts
Which plane should I get for my second plane?

I've been flying the Superstar EP 4 channel with the endo/3.8 GB set up and I've been loving it, but I'm looking for more. I can't buy another plane now since I'm still saving up for the wedding which is in November, but my soon to be wife said she'll get me my second plane for Christmas I gotta love her I'm in between two planes, the Fun World EP: http://www.theworldmodels.com/para/p...?airplaneid=75

and the Combat Corsair Electric Conversion: http://www.greatplanes.com/airplanes/gpma1470.html

Which plane do you guys think would be best as a second plane? I love to do aerobatics, or at least attempts at it with the SS EP, but I love the look of the Corsair. Would the Corsair be to hard to fly as a second plane? Also, would the Fun World EP be able to fly vertical using an 8 cell 3300 NiMH pack?

Thank you in Advance for your input
LS427 is offline Find More Posts by LS427
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 17, 2010, 09:32 PM
Joined Aug 2010
12 Posts
i reckon the corsair.
planes galore is offline Find More Posts by planes galore
Old Sep 18, 2010, 01:35 AM
raz
Sportin my new 'do'
USA, CA, Eureka
Joined Dec 2004
6,234 Posts
I don't think I would recommend either one for a second plane and I would never suggest one using a NiMh battery. A good second plane is the Parkzone T-28. It's a 4 channel that runs on lipos, it's also very stable and capable of some aerobatics.
raz is offline Find More Posts by raz
Old Sep 18, 2010, 02:22 AM
WARNING: May contain spam
United States, CA, Alpine
Joined Oct 2007
21,001 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS427 View Post
I've been flying the Superstar EP 4 channel with the endo/3.8 GB set up and I've been loving it, but I'm looking for more. I can't buy another plane now since I'm still saving up for the wedding which is in November, but my soon to be wife said she'll get me my second plane for Christmas I gotta love her I'm in between two planes, the Fun World EP: http://www.theworldmodels.com/para/p...?airplaneid=75

and the Combat Corsair Electric Conversion: http://www.greatplanes.com/airplanes/gpma1470.html

Which plane do you guys think would be best as a second plane? I love to do aerobatics, or at least attempts at it with the SS EP, but I love the look of the Corsair. Would the Corsair be to hard to fly as a second plane? Also, would the Fun World EP be able to fly vertical using an 8 cell 3300 NiMH pack?

Thank you in Advance for your input
TBH, both of those would make an absolutely horrible second plane. The Fun World 3D is a 3D plane, made for pilots who already have a very firm grasp of which way is which, and have a somewhat decent understanding of aerobatics.

The Corsair is intended for the same crowds, and lacks landing gear. You should go look up videos of people trying to handlaunch models of similar nature. Half of the time the model just flops in, and if you'll notice, NONE of the pilots launch the plane themselves

If you want a GREAT second airframe, then look no further than the Parkzone T-28 Trojan. It's an excellent pane that handles well, LOVES to do aerobatics, and doesn't have a problem with getting beginners acquainted with aerobatics. And it tames right down as well, and is a very docile ship on low rates.
Xpress.. is offline Find More Posts by Xpress..
Old Sep 18, 2010, 01:49 PM
Rock Chalk Hawks!!!!
Wichita, Ks
Joined Oct 2009
310 Posts
Uh, did you guys check the date on the op?
Hootch is offline Find More Posts by Hootch
Old Sep 18, 2010, 06:44 PM
Fairfield County, Connecticut
Joined Dec 2009
819 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hootch View Post
Uh, did you guys check the date on the op?
Lol! Planes Galore, If you're still reading this, you really shouldn't post on a 5 year old thread.
Benf207 is offline Find More Posts by Benf207