HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 26, 2008, 10:13 AM
SJ
Denmark EKCH
Joined Apr 2001
1,397 Posts
awesome mods!
It will realy stand out from the others :-)
SJ is online now Find More Posts by SJ
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 29, 2008, 07:19 AM
Wasserbomb
Joined Sep 2005
50 Posts
Castor3....can you post any pics of your boat in the water? Would really enjoy a few more pics of the boat....Rick
Rick227 is offline Find More Posts by Rick227
Old Jul 02, 2008, 10:14 AM
Joined Nov 2007
40 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJ
awesome mods!
It will realy stand out from the others :-)
Thanks, but I think Castors boat looks really the business. I need to catch up with him sometime.

I have cut off a large length of the fixing bar that goes through the hull to locate to the internal section. This bar being so long isn't needed. The part I cut off weighed about 100g. I now have a shortened piece, and have a super dooper long hex screwdriver that fits through as before, only longer. All welded up and smoothed off. Now I have space for the torpedo launcher (later for that though).

I have had to make up a 5 x 1.2volt (2300) = 6volts battery, to power up the reverse relay and 4volt tapped off for the multi switch. Had some electrical problems before trying to tap off the main batteries. All okay now. This long line of AA size batteries will be out side the WTC, totally waterproofed. The weight = 130g. Will be down low in the hull near just ahead of the lead weight. Haven't checked yet but can re-trim easy I think, and loose the 30g if I need to cuting off some of the lead
Eddie boote is offline Find More Posts by Eddie boote
Old Jul 03, 2008, 07:29 AM
Wasserbomb
Joined Sep 2005
50 Posts
Dream Arts

Does anyone have a contact email address for Dream arts....I have sent several emails to them and have not gotten a response......could it be that they are on vacation?? I know they take a long vacation over there around this time of year....Rick
Old Jul 06, 2008, 06:06 AM
Joined Nov 2007
40 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick227
Does anyone have a contact email address for Dream arts....I have sent several emails to them and have not gotten a response......could it be that they are on vacation?? I know they take a long vacation over there around this time of year....Rick
Hi Rick, Maybe the guy their called Andreas is on vacation. However he's not so quick to reply to e-mails also. He's alright though. I bought some plastic decking, and did it by bank transfer. There was no problem, except the delay (not his fault, the courrier). For the U-47 I'd thoroughly recommend the plastic deck, compared to the brass deck. I had that before, but although very detailed, it weighs a ton, and if your boat has loads of extra like mine, the boat will be very low in the water. The Dream-Arts decking needs bracing though. I used thin profile wood, and super long match sticks !! I'll be flogging my brass deck if anyone interested.
Old Jul 06, 2008, 07:09 PM
USA, OH, cambridge
Joined Sep 2001
1,000 Posts
Eddie,
sent a pm
Frank
fgroza is offline Find More Posts by fgroza
Old Jul 06, 2008, 09:39 PM
Wasserbomb
Joined Sep 2005
50 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie boote
Hi Rick, Maybe the guy their called Andreas is on vacation. However he's not so quick to reply to e-mails also. He's alright though. I bought some plastic decking, and did it by bank transfer. There was no problem, except the delay (not his fault, the courrier). For the U-47 I'd thoroughly recommend the plastic deck, compared to the brass deck. I had that before, but although very detailed, it weighs a ton, and if your boat has loads of extra like mine, the boat will be very low in the water. The Dream-Arts decking needs bracing though. I used thin profile wood, and super long match sticks !! I'll be flogging my brass deck if anyone interested.
Hi Eddie....well I finally got a response...but unfortunately for me ...it is in German....I dont suppose anyone on this site can help me out with a translation could they? I would really appreciate it....thanx...Rick
Old Sep 28, 2008, 07:03 AM
MFR
just a ordinairy guy
Netherlands
Joined Sep 2008
351 Posts
maybe i can help you give me a pm
greetings manfred
MFR is offline Find More Posts by MFR
Old Oct 21, 2008, 12:52 PM
United States, ID, Rexburg
Joined Sep 2008
6,381 Posts
rivets?

I have couple of questions about rivets on the various U-boaten in this thread. First, weren't u-boats welded (to be able to manufacture them faster), so rivets.... Second why not do as a lot of scale fliers do and make rivets with glue (water proof in this application) and a syringe? That would seem to be faster and easier by a factor of about 5 over gluing a thousand rivets all over the thing! While I do not have a practical experience with subs, I have had boats Heli's, cars, trucks and worked for a large retail hobby shop for a year. So I do know a few things.....
fooman2008 is online now Find More Posts by fooman2008
Old Nov 01, 2008, 08:24 AM
FAA
Master Model Collector
Connecticut, United States
Joined Apr 2002
1,143 Posts
post something
FAA is offline Find More Posts by FAA
Last edited by FAA; Jul 08, 2009 at 07:50 AM.
Old Jul 01, 2009, 02:47 PM
Joined Nov 2007
40 Posts
Hi haven't been on RC groups for ages, Shame this thread seems to have stopped. Latest for my U-47 Robbe kit (converted to V11C type) U-96, I moved the TX higher up and not by the opening of the section; I had a really nasty water leak. Had to re-examine my connector plug. Had an open circuit, but fixed. Water tight servo on the front planes ballon ripped open, and periscope servo motor burn't out. Replacing. Main point though was to add expanding foam into the saddle banks. Yes you heard right the stuff used to seal letter boxes into walls. Nasty stuff if too much used. I was careful. All done. Boat is higher in the water and doesn't rock now in stormy seas so much. See some video here:
Das Boot dive, surface music sound bite (1 min 44 sec)