HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 28, 2009, 11:23 AM
**NOT GUILTY**
Millbrook, Alabama
Joined Jun 2004
6,403 Posts
Thanks guys...hey now that I've waxed her (Mother's California Gold Carnuba) and got it in the crack...I wonder how the CA will take?
Capt.Crash is offline Find More Posts by Capt.Crash
to remove ads between posts
Old May 28, 2009, 01:47 PM
N.E.Mass.
Joined Apr 2007
2,977 Posts
I mentioned a built in battery box under a the aft seat deck on another thread about this boat. Here is several pictures to show what I ment.
charlie eaton is offline Find More Posts by charlie eaton
Old May 29, 2009, 11:44 AM
Central Missouri,USA Along the banks of the Missouri River
Joined Jun 2005
1,734 Posts
Charlie, nice idea with the battery location. The stock location is a bit of a pain. Can you replace the floor with the battery in there?

Tom, is the Villian 14.4v Titan the one that says Titan Marine on it? Im not sure which one I have, maybe they relabled them differently now. God, I hope they didnt stop making the one like I have, its been GREAT. I never thought you could run as fast as my runabout does on 7.2v and without watercooling!
tim slocum is offline Find More Posts by tim slocum
Old May 29, 2009, 12:17 PM
**NOT GUILTY**
Millbrook, Alabama
Joined Jun 2004
6,403 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim slocum
C

Tom, is the Villian 14.4v Titan the one that says Titan Marine on it? Im not sure which one I have, maybe they relabled them differently now. God, I hope they didnt stop making the one like I have, its been GREAT. I never thought you could run as fast as my runabout does on 7.2v and without watercooling!
Looks that way...I'm interested too! Is this the really good one Tom or is it the 19 turn?

This is the Titan 550 Marine Motor for the Traxxas Villain EX boat.

FEATURES: Fan-cooled 23 turns 14 volt

INCLUDES: One Titan 550 marine motor for the Traxxas Villain EX boat

REQUIRES: Installing in boat

SPECS: Length to end of armature: 78mm (3.07") Diameter of can: 37mm (1.46") Length of motor leads: 75mm (2.96") Shaft diameter: 3.2mm (.125")

I never thought about putting the batteries under the floor board. I like the location right behind the rear seat cross wise...it's easy to get to.
Capt.Crash is offline Find More Posts by Capt.Crash
Old May 29, 2009, 02:05 PM
Joined Jun 2005
1,734 Posts
Thanks for the info, 23turn, wow it runs like a 12turn!!!!
Old May 29, 2009, 02:08 PM
Joined Jun 2005
1,734 Posts
Hey, just remembered, if anyone has any luck fixing the plank problem, let me/us know. I've thought about trying to get some epoxy in behind the plank and then clamping it down.?????
Old May 29, 2009, 02:16 PM
N.E.Mass.
Joined Apr 2007
2,977 Posts
Tim the biggest advantage is it moves weight foreward and brings the bow down at high speeds. Deck fits just fine over a 7.2 stick pack. I used thin CA and let it flow under the planks,no more problem.
charlie eaton is offline Find More Posts by charlie eaton
Old Aug 24, 2009, 04:31 PM
SE Wisconsin
Joined Mar 2009
175 Posts
Just yesterday I was changing the batteries in my transmitter and broke both wires off that connect the battery holder to the transmitter. I have to say the design that pro boat uses is one of the worst I have ever seen, it is nearly impossible to get that battery holder out of the transmitter. Anyway, I have searched all over the net looking for a replacement without any luck. Even the proboat website doesn't show a replacement. Does anyone know first off who manufactures the radio and secondly where I might find a replacement battery holder?

Thanks,

John
jschneider is offline Find More Posts by jschneider
Old Aug 24, 2009, 05:00 PM
Grumpa Tom
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Sep 2003
22,594 Posts
Have you thought about soldering the wires back into position?
Kmot is offline Find More Posts by Kmot
Old Aug 24, 2009, 11:37 PM
Joined Jun 2005
1,734 Posts
I agree, the battery holder/lid is a poor design. Its hard to get the lid back on correctly and it will fall off at the worst time. I think Futaba makes their Tx's. If you can find the right charger, you can put rechargable AA's in the Tx and use the port to charge from. The trick is getting the right charger as the Proboats charge port is the opposite of most brands chargers. I believe this is how I found out that their Tx's are made by Futaba.
Old Aug 25, 2009, 08:23 AM
SE Wisconsin
Joined Mar 2009
175 Posts
Kmot,

I tried that, but something wasn't right. The TX would only work if I bent the wires a certain way which makes me think there may be more damage than just the wires. I will take a closer look at it, maybe it is salvageable.

Tim, if the TX is made by Futaba couldn't I just buy a Futaba brand battery holder? I would think that should work.

Thanks.

John
jschneider is offline Find More Posts by jschneider