SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 12, 2005, 09:53 AM
Cheapskate freeloader!
Orebro, Sweden
Joined Oct 2002
3,155 Posts
Herr Fokker D.VII for the winter/indoor season, help with paintschemes please!

Hi guys!
Ive bought a Herr Fokker D.VII rubberpowered freeflight kit to convert to R/C for this indoor season. Im not 100% decided on the motor yet but it will be either a CD-Rom or a GWS IPS (or similar) drive and suitable ESC. The rest of the setup will be: 250 or 450 2s Lipos, 3,4gram servos, MZK Penta 3gram Rx. Should give a nice low AUW if I build the kit correctly. Ive read the conversion threads regarding this kit, and since I have a couple of previous FF to RC conversions under my belt, I foresee no huge problems with the conversion itself.

Ill be using tissue for covering even though Im aware that there are other materials out there that are easier to work with. Ive made this choice for sentimental reasons mainly, it was ages since I last built a rubberpowered stick and tissue scalemodel, and Im looking forward to doing it.

Now to my dilemma. Im not going to do a lozenge scheme, because Im lazy. Ive searched the net, and found several pictures of non-lozenge schemes, but not very detailed. Id aprecciate if anyone has links to or photos/3-views of such schemes at hand.

Also, one of the schemes that I know I have seen before, but was unable to find now was the Swiss white overall with white crosses on a red background. I believe this was a post WW1 paintscheme, though Im not 100% sure about that.

Another scheme which I am contemplating is the plane which Herrman Gring flew to Sweden post WW1 which was later used by the swedish airforce (see attached pictures in the "Gring" scheme and after the Swedish Air Force repainted it). The Swedish scheme has a strong historical connection which appeals to me, but on the other hand it is rather "bland".

Okey, enough said. If you can help me out finding a nice scheme which doesnt contain lozenge camo then Id very much aprecciate it.

Anders O
Zeroaltitude is offline Find More Posts by Zeroaltitude
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 12, 2005, 10:27 AM
Gravity is a harsh mistress.
United States, MI, Temperance
Joined Sep 2002
6,604 Posts
I've got one of these in the "pile" too. I'm planning on using a GWS LPS-B2C setup on 2s 145, 160, 210, or 250mAh Lipo. Ratio depending on the prop size I want to swing. I'm figuring that if the plane won't fly on one of these, it's too heavy for indoor anyway.

http://www.gwsus.com/english/product...system/lps.htm
Tim Wolff is online now Find More Posts by Tim Wolff
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 12, 2005, 10:43 AM
United States, VA, Chesterfield
Joined Mar 2001
5,406 Posts
Here is a link to some schemes

http://www.cbrnp.com/profiles/quarter1/fokker-dvii.htm
Pat Daily is offline Find More Posts by Pat Daily
Old Sep 12, 2005, 12:13 PM
Designing on the edge
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Mar 2001
1,533 Posts
Do a Google Image search on Jasta 18. They used red and white colors with black markings. The Raven and Chicks was a common scheme. We have them in our decals file. Download our Fokker DVII decals and reduce them for the smaller Herr kit.

http://www.aerodromerc.com/decals/FokkerDVIIDecals.zip

Kurt
Bengtson is online now Find More Posts by Bengtson
Old Sep 12, 2005, 03:37 PM
United States, VA, Chesterfield
Joined Mar 2001
5,406 Posts
Here is a simple color scheme using lozenge tissue made using an inkjet printer

Pat Daily
Pat Daily is offline Find More Posts by Pat Daily
Old Sep 13, 2005, 07:57 AM
Cheapskate freeloader!