HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 19, 2003, 08:16 PM
Jacksonville, Florida
Joined Aug 2002
144 Posts
The Coast Guard Lifeboat is a Midwest kit of the USCG's newest 47' lifeboat manufactured by Textron. It's about 36" long, powered by two 05 motors.
LEROY is offline Find More Posts by LEROY
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 01, 2003, 10:57 PM
Sea Dragon-Lover
PDX, OR
Joined Dec 2002
10,156 Posts
Well done job on the Midwest Cutter Leroy.

I just got the LST to first paint today and thought I would post a "latest" pic. I did forget to sand and paint the stack though.
Umi_Ryuzuki is offline Find More Posts by Umi_Ryuzuki
Old Jun 02, 2003, 03:42 PM
太刀風
United States, OR, Eugene
Joined Jan 2003
1,056 Posts
DKM S-38

Tonyo,
I hope that some day, standing from the deck oy your USS Blue Devil you have the opportunity to see this.
Tachikaze is offline Find More Posts by Tachikaze
Old Jun 02, 2003, 03:46 PM
太刀風
Joined Jan 2003
1,056 Posts
Rough Day

The INS Alfredo Oriani, like much of the Axis Fleet took a lot of damage during the last combat over Memorial Day Weekend. But we dished out a lot more than we recieved. Here you see the Oriani limping back into port after a twilight battle. Listing heavily to starboard with the aft gun blown off and the foreward gun reduced to only the firing barrel. A lot of damage, but usual for this type of combat.
Old Jun 04, 2003, 01:07 PM
Framingham, MA
Joined Jun 2003
91 Posts
I just found these message boards today and read through all theposts in the scale boat section. There is some great talent and advice here, I'm glad I found it. I will try to post a couple of photos of my boat, if notheing shows up. maybe someone can email me and tell me how to post photos.

This is my first RC boat and it is the Pono semi kit from Harbor Models. It is 1:24 scale, 40 inches long, and it has 3 12volt batteries powering 2 Pittman 3700 motors. They are reduced by a 2.5 to 1 belt drive to 3.5 inch 4 blade props. The motors are independent and I used Electronize FR30HX speed controllers. I'm very happy with the quality, price and service from Electronize. There are still many details left to be added to my tug but it is operational so I can play with it at the pond.

Beez is offline Find More Posts by Beez
Old Jun 04, 2003, 05:25 PM
North-East England
Joined Mar 2002
3,398 Posts
Tachikaze - what on earth is that? I think if I did see it, I'd try and chop it in half by ramming it. It looks like something you don't argue with.

The only thing it resembles is some type of fast torpedo boat?

Tony
Tony Oliver is offline Find More Posts by Tony Oliver
Old Jun 05, 2003, 12:01 PM
太刀風
Joined Jan 2003
1,056 Posts
INS Alfredo Oriani

Tonyo,
That is the light Italian destroyer INS Alfredo Oriani. This is how she looked after a days worth of combat at the end of a twilight battle.
You will note that the forward section of the bridge deck house has been pierced and that several sections of the weather deck are now gone. The forward gun has been reduced to just the operational barrel and the aft scale gun is completely missing.
This ship is armed with two 3/16" CO2 powered cannon, one fore and one aft. She also carries mines and counter measures.
This is an example of what a day in the life of a R/C Combat Warship looks like.
Old Jun 05, 2003, 02:20 PM
North-East England
Joined Mar 2002
3,398 Posts
........utters strangled cry; shakes head, and wanders off in a dazed and confused state............

No, sorry, I didn't make myself clear - it was the previous pic I meant - the DKM S-38 one.

Tony
Old Jun 05, 2003, 05:06 PM
太刀風
Joined Jan 2003
1,056 Posts
DKM S-38

Tonyo,
The DKM S-38 is a Schnelleboote. German fast attack torpedo boat, called an E-Boat by the allied navies.
It runs on two automatic camera rewind motors with a 6.2V battery pack. It fires two metal rods, 2 1/4" long and 1/4" in diameter. It is 17 1/2" long. It has navigational lights for night combat and can lay down a smoke screen.

Phil
Last edited by Tachikaze; Jun 05, 2003 at 05:10 PM.
Old Jun 06, 2003, 02:16 AM
North-East England
Joined Mar 2002
3,398 Posts
Thanks - didn't recognise it from that angle. I actually built one about 35 years ago - the brain's going, I think!

tony
Old Jun 10, 2003, 06:54 PM
Sea Dragon-Lover
PDX, OR
Joined Dec 2002
10,156 Posts
Sea trials are successful. After 3 weeks of construction, the LST has completed her sea trials and successfully deployed a w/72nd scale r/c tank.

To see more images Click Here.
Umi_Ryuzuki is offline Find More Posts by Umi_Ryuzuki
Last edited by Umi_Ryuzuki; Jun 10, 2003 at 07:08 PM.
Old Jun 24, 2003, 08:07 PM
Edina Model Yacht Club
Bloomington MN
Joined Apr 2002
185 Posts
More Of my Boats

I was rummaging around for pics of a Whaleback Freighter for Antonio and ran across some more of mine, and since it is raining and I can't go boating I will bore you with a few more of my fleet.
The first 5 are my river tow and barges.
The barge on the right fetures an operating hard hat diver, who carries a super Bright LED lantern that will shine about 5 feet out into the water and is capable of 150 foot dives.
George Pfeifer is offline Find More Posts by George Pfeifer
Last edited by George Pfeifer; Jun 25, 2003 at 07:14 AM.
Old Jun 24, 2003, 08:15 PM
Edina Model Yacht Club
Bloomington MN
Joined Apr 2002
185 Posts
Another pic
Old Jun 24, 2003, 08:18 PM
Edina Model Yacht Club
Bloomington MN
Joined Apr 2002
185 Posts
This is a model of a steam powered pile driving barge used by the railroads from about 1890's until 1920's.
Old Jun 24, 2003, 08:20 PM
Edina Model Yacht Club
Bloomington MN
Joined Apr 2002
185 Posts
Starboard side