HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 08, 2002, 12:07 AM
The One....
San Jose, Ca.
Joined Jan 2002
5,813 Posts
How to post picture, that lines up..

Hello all,

I noticed some flyer's can take a really good picture of their airplanes, and post it in series of pics in one post. I was wondering, if you guys can share your computer wizardry. I would like to do the same. It's a hassle at times, waiting for one picture to upload, and posting another.

I tried to do it using the IMG and all that I get is a text saying that in came from my hard drive. and attachments can only download one at time. So, how do some of you guys do it?

thanks,
genovia is offline Find More Posts by genovia
to remove ads between posts
Old May 08, 2002, 12:12 AM
Been There! Done That!
Eugene, Oregon, United States
Joined Sep 2001
19,187 Posts
genovia,
The only way I know of to do it is assemble the photos with photo editing software ahead of time then save the finished product as one pic and post that. I have done it several times but most of the time I am too lazy to go to the trouble.

boomer
boomerace is offline Find More Posts by boomerace
Old May 08, 2002, 12:32 AM
The One....
San Jose, Ca.
Joined Jan 2002
5,813 Posts
Quote:
The only way I know of to do it is assemble the photos with photo editing software ahead of time then save the finished product as one pic and post that.
How to get it in one pic. I am using print shop.. Dumb I know
Old May 08, 2002, 12:41 AM
Been There! Done That!
Joined Sep 2001
19,187 Posts
You need something that will do a collage like Microsoft Picture It or something like it. I found Picture It to be the quick and dirty solution.
boomer
Old May 08, 2002, 12:50 AM
Our Daddy and Heli Junkie
In Heli Wonderland
Joined Aug 1999
22,796 Posts
Now if you guys can just figure how to make it fit on the page without cursing over!!!!!!!!!!

Like think 500 wide.
Fred Bronk is offline Find More Posts by Fred Bronk
Old May 08, 2002, 12:52 AM
Been There! Done That!
Joined Sep 2001
19,187 Posts
I can do it with the thumbnail tool in Cpic but it puts the pic name under the pic. but at least it does it automaticly.
Last edited by boomerace; May 08, 2002 at 12:54 AM.
Old May 08, 2002, 12:52 AM
The One....
San Jose, Ca.
Joined Jan 2002
5,813 Posts
Quote:
Now if you guys can just figure how to make it fit on the page without cursing over!!!!!!!!!!
Haven't forgot your thread on that Fred, I'll keep that in mind
Old May 08, 2002, 12:56 AM
The One....
San Jose, Ca.
Joined Jan 2002
5,813 Posts
Hey Boom,

No fair, your teaching me, first here That's cool, that what I wanna do. Can't do it omy my computer. I have kodak imaging, PirntShop 95' New kodak software, all worthless. Run it down to me of what you have, and the clear way to do it. Just this once (hheheheheh now I'm begging)
Old May 08, 2002, 01:03 AM
Been There! Done That!
Joined Sep 2001
19,187 Posts
Go to http://www.photodex.com and look for Cpic. Get the software.... email me and I'll walk you through it.
boomer
Old May 08, 2002, 01:41 AM
Earth
Joined Dec 2001
102 Posts
hey genovia,

I use Photoshop. If you have this, then you make one big blank canvas and then drag the individual images into it. After you drag the first image in, you need to create a new layer, and then drag the next one in, make a new layer and drag the next one in etc. You have to crop (cut out) all of the images and get them the correct size before you drag them altogether into the main canvas. Once they are all in the main canvas you can move them around using the layers, and then make the final canvas size adjustment or crop to keep it within to 640 limit and keep Fred happy

Thats the short story ....... try and get Photoshop and play around with it and you'll get it ... not sure about print shop though sorry.

Steve
stevefruit is offline Find More Posts by stevefruit
Old May 08, 2002, 07:13 AM
United States, FL, Starke
Joined Apr 2002
2,259 Posts
The 'attach' function allows 1 image per post and also uploads a copy of the image to the server.

The IMG tag allows you to add as many images as you want to a post (be carefull... too many images or too large of an image or images makes the page load terribly slow!).

However, to use the IMG tag, the image must reside on the web someplace. I upload images to my website and then reference them from there using the IMG tag. Nothing gets uploaded to the Zone so do valuable disc space gets used up. You do need storage on the website though.

Most ISP's, when you sign up, give you a few megabytes for a website. You could ftp your images to there (a web page is not necessary) and then add them, via IMG, to your post.

Example: these are all seperate images on my the clubs' website...

dd.
Doc Data is offline Find More Posts by Doc Data
Old May 08, 2002, 08:52 AM
DGC
Minneapolis, MN
Joined Feb 2002
11 Posts
genovia:

The explanations for Photoshop also work for PaintShopPro. Photoshop will set you back about $500. PSP is more like $100 and a lot more user friendly. I'm prejudiced because I used to work for the company that makes PSP Jasc Software I know their market research and usability testing bears out that prejudice.

Just my 2 worth,
Don
DGC is offline Find More Posts by DGC
Old May 08, 2002, 11:14 AM
United States, FL, Starke
Joined Apr 2002
2,259 Posts
If your approach will be to create the graphics using a software package then I 2nd the 'Paint Shop Pro' recommendation. Definitely the best 'bang for the buck' out there!

dd.
Doc Data is offline Find More Posts by Doc Data
Old May 08, 2002, 12:26 PM
Plane hugging cat
Mackay Queensland Australia
Joined Sep 2001
1,355 Posts
Pictures that fit on the page without cursing over depends entirely on the screen resolution your running on the computer. If your running your monitor at 640x480 it won't take much of a pic to spill over. Get big monitor. Run at 1024x768 or higher.

I like the way the e-zone pages manage big pictures. If a pic does spill over the next posts still fit. Unlike other pages I've been on where nothing fits after one big pic.

I join the pics before I upload them too. I use Video Studio since that came with my capture card and Corel Photo Paint mostly.
Vonbaron is offline Find More Posts by Vonbaron
Old May 08, 2002, 01:02 PM
The One....
San Jose, Ca.
Joined Jan 2002
5,813 Posts
Stevefruit,

I have photshop, but how can I get a big canvas? It opens up one picture.

Boomer,
I downloaded the software.