Closed Thread
Old Sep 06, 2005, 05:27 PM
Rejected User
United States, KY, Berea
Joined Dec 2003
6,643 Posts
Post deleted by Jacob Mchone.
Mchone, Jake is offline Find More Posts by Mchone, Jake
Last edited by Mchone, Jake; Sep 07, 2005 at 05:06 PM.
Old Sep 06, 2005, 07:29 PM
an earth bound misfit, I
St. Pete, Florida
Joined Sep 2001
9,429 Posts
Please keep politics and religion out of the airplane forums. If you must post those things please use the Life, the Universe and Politics forum.

Thank you
Basketcase is offline Find More Posts by Basketcase
Old Sep 07, 2005, 06:19 AM
Rejected User
United States, KY, Berea
Joined Dec 2003
6,643 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluswede
Thanks, Basketcase!
And Jake...I forgive you your spelling and grammatical errors. If you DO post more of the Bible, Christianity, and the Golden Rule (somewhere else)...please use spellcheck and try to get the quotes a wee bit closer so that the message will at least be respected. I REALLY hope you don't think that the Bible actually says that you should do unto others as they do unto you...'course that'd explain a lot that I've seen done in the name of God lately! Dubb'ya?...you listening? (but I digress)
Of course I realy don't think the Bible says that! It was a joke!
And if you all get offended by a semi-quote from the Bible and a little moral advise, you need to get in church and get right before you tell me to go else where!
After all, all this is God's and if we dont use our tallents(which is flying) to win others for Him, or atleast try, we'll be held accountable later! And 'd rather not make him mad at me, though you can be as mad as you want, i'll just pray a little harder

I ONLY use copy and paste for quotes if I do not press the Quote botton, so what you write is what you see, I would never mess with someones messages, that is plagerizm.
I also appologise for my spelling if it offens you, but im only 17 and if I cant spell, its not my falt that I was taught wrong. And I have accualt taught myself alot more on here and in fee-lance writing than I learned in elementary on grammar and spelling and im still learning, so before you knock a kid for his by typing, think it over for a sec.

I appologize if I offended anyone, but if the word of God offends you, take it up with Him and not meirly a messanger of Him.

-Jake
"Flying 4 Jesus! "
Old Sep 07, 2005, 06:31 AM
Custom User Title
Sydney/canberra, Australia
Joined Jul 2004
1,752 Posts
very respectable words jake

mike
mhale71 is offline Find More Posts by mhale71
Old Sep 07, 2005, 07:02 AM
Ireland, Kildare, Leixlip
Joined May 2002
6,441 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mchone, Jake
........I would never mess with someones messages, that is plagerizm.
I also appologise for my spelling if it offens you, but im only 17 and if I cant spell, its not my falt that I was taught wrong. And I have accualt taught myself alot more on here and in fee-lance writing than I learned in elementary on grammar and spelling and im still learning, so before you knock a kid for his by typing, think it over for a sec....
Could you please just confirm that you are in fact joking?

If you're not (which would really worry me) then at least have a little respect for those reading your posts and for the language itself and pick up a dictionary or use a spell-checker. The occassional error is one thing and we all make them but that's just ridiculous.

Aidan
Aio_1 is offline Find More Posts by Aio_1
Old Sep 07, 2005, 08:01 AM
and this wire goes where?
Southampton Eastleigh, Great Britain (UK)
Joined Jun 2003
660 Posts
I was really enjoying this thread until the last few posts. I would respectfully ask you to stop posting your propaganda about your so called God. We are here for a shared love of radio control, not to take opportunities to brain wash people into mumbo jumbo faith rubbish.

If you find my comment's offensive as you are religious, then I'm sure you can understand why I am requesting religion NOT to be posted here - I find talk of this brain wash fodder for the weak of mind just as offensive, if not more so, and I dont want it shoved down my throat in a thread where I am trying to learn about one mans TRULY inspiration task to create a first class, one off project.
Dongledell is offline Find More Posts by Dongledell
Old Sep 07, 2005, 08:05 AM
Molded Hotliner Destroyer
Perth, Australia
Joined Jul 2004
1,720 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Basketcase
Please keep politics and religion out of the airplane forums. If you must post those things please use the Life, the Universe and Politics forum.

Thank you
Also remember that some of us do not believe in religion and are just as offended by having to read about it here in the first place. I personally cringe whenever I see the "G" word in posts. Jake, go preach somewhere else.

EDIT: Dongledell, you just beat me! Well said though.
Magnum9 is offline Find More Posts by Magnum9
Old Sep 07, 2005, 08:09 AM
and this wire goes where?
Southampton Eastleigh, Great Britain (UK)
Joined Jun 2003
660 Posts
I think you were possibly more diplomatic than I Magnum unfortunately this sort of thing reaaally gets me foaming.
Dongledell is offline Find More Posts by Dongledell
Old Sep 07, 2005, 10:04 AM
What...me worry?
United States, WI, Edgar
Joined Sep 2002
790 Posts
My sincere apologies Folks, and especially to Hans for wrapping a dark cloud around your silver lining.
It's my bad that I jumped on Jake, causing him to defend himself and his belief system. I should've PM'd him instead of slapping him in open (and wrong) forum. Ever notice how differences in belief have a way of making otherwise friendly folk wanna' rip each others' innards out?
Please...no more posts on this...I'm already regretting on all eight cylinders!
Feel free to PM the stuffins out of me, though!
Regards,Scott
bluswede is offline Find More Posts by bluswede
Old Sep 07, 2005, 11:27 AM
Fixed Wing Fanatic
United States, TX, McKinney
Joined Jul 2001
2,344 Posts
Anything can be construed as religion, including airplanes.

I guess we shouldn't post anymore....
Jim Walker is offline Find More Posts by Jim Walker
Old Sep 07, 2005, 11:45 AM
Perth, Australia
Joined Mar 2004
872 Posts
I would have thought that flying model planes under the american constitution was more of a right than a religion. Something about the pursuit of happiness.

Oops I just checked the Constitution and it in fact says nothing of the kind. Oh well back to it being a religion. Mabe thats why so many go flying on sunday.

Ron...
Cas123 is offline Find More Posts by Cas123
Old Sep 07, 2005, 12:10 PM
an earth bound misfit, I
St. Pete, Florida
Joined Sep 2001
9,429 Posts
My apologies also to Hans. The sidetracking of this thread is exactly what I was hoping to avoid. Everytime religion or politics gets mentioned it turns into a free for all.

Ron, the Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness quote is part of the Declaration of Independence. The First Amendment of the Constitution (and the Supreme Court) guarantees our freedom of religion. Where nobody can tell you what you have to believe in.

Wayne
Basketcase is offline Find More Posts by Basketcase
Old Sep 07, 2005, 12:18 PM
Flying motor mount master
San Jose, California, United States
Joined Oct 2004
8,745 Posts
What ever happened to the seperation of church and RC????
fly_boy99 is offline Find More Posts by fly_boy99
Old Sep 07, 2005, 12:27 PM
Fixed Wing Fanatic
United States, TX, McKinney
Joined Jul 2001
2,344 Posts
I refuse to seperate church and R/C. I firmly believe that my feverish prayers during flying are the only thing that keeps me from crashing!

As for side tracking this thread, we have to do something while we're waiting for flybike to get going again on big floyd.
Jim Walker is offline Find More Posts by Jim Walker
Old Sep 07, 2005, 05:02 PM
Rejected User
United States, KY, Berea
Joined Dec 2003
6,643 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Walker
I refuse to seperate church and R/C. I firmly believe that my feverish prayers during flying are the only thing that keeps me from crashing!

As for side tracking this thread, we have to do something while we're waiting for flybike to get going again on big floyd.
I am with Jim on this one...

I apologize

I never ment to start a fight over a personal oppinion post about forgiving overs!
I do apologize for starting a fight, but I DO NOT apologize for standing on The Word and trying to agree on a good virtue such as forgivness!
And I find it offenceive to have said "Noone should not forgive someone, or the Lord will not forgive you of your next sins untill you do so in sincarity! " and have people say im shoving my religion down their throats!
And I will not take lightly personal attacks on my spelling and grammer!

Dougledell and Magnum9,
If you are offended by one person's oppinion(which we are all intitled to) ignore them and do not attack them over it, because I, personaly, will not stand by and let a personal attack on me and my spirituality slide!

If you are so offended by one person's comments that you have to attack them, do it though PM and not on an open thread so that others may join in on the stomping of another person's beliefe's
If you do not believe in God, that is your problem, do not attack someone else over your own issiues and belief's, especialy in public! This is why Personal Messaging on this forum was setup to keep arguments like this from happoning!
Do no bash someone's religion or belief's simply becasue you think they are wrong about it and life its self! Just ignore it or PM them about it, which is the manture thing to do, instead of getting pissed off and inviting a definsive responce!

And attacking someone over they're spelling and grammer(both of which could be typeo's) does not incurrage them do fix it, it mirely pisses them off, which fuels a responce to defend themselves, as I did.

I have apologized in every responce and yet some people can't accept that and keep on expressing their personal oppinions which doesn't solve the problem.
In short, keep it to your self!
And If you dont have anything nice to say, dont say it at all(which will keep things like this from happoning again!)

Again, I sincerly apologize for offending some people and for getting this thread off topic.
It was not intended and I will delete this and all my other posts partining to this subject if everyone else will as well!

I was NOT trying to start a fight or shove anything down anyone's throat by saying God doesn't forgive thoughs who do not forgive others.
It was a comment shared though my spirituality and if you do not agree with it let it slide.

I will leave this thread sence it is apparent that someone who is trying his best to do as the Bible says is not wanted in the airplane flying community.
I will pray for thoughs who are lost, and dont bash me for trying to be nice.

Sorry for the inconvenience, folks.
I hope you can forgive me for trying to help with life's values and trying to apologize repeatedly.

I will leave you all with a quote that I hope you do not 'think' between the lines on to look for something to get upset about!

This was once on a Cathedral door in London England

"Give me a mind that is not bord,
Give me a sence of humor Lord!
Give me the grace to see a Joke,
And pass it on to other folk."
Last edited by Mchone, Jake; Sep 07, 2005 at 06:58 PM.
Closed Thread