HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 06, 2005, 11:01 AM
Joined Jan 2005
143 Posts
Best .67 marine nitro engine ?

Thinking about buying a used .67 but I am worried about getting a bad engine and then needing expensive parts. Which MFG has the best parts availability? OPS, OS, CMB,Rossi ? Dont want a MFG that no longer is really into the business with full parts availability.
cratfy1 is offline Find More Posts by cratfy1
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 06, 2005, 12:05 PM
Maxx Basher/Savage Hunter
Central VA
Joined Sep 2004
281 Posts
Well, O.S. seems to have parts available and so does OPS, I can't speak for the rest.
Davcruz is offline Find More Posts by Davcruz
Old Sep 06, 2005, 02:56 PM
Eye Drather Beef Lying
Jacksonville, FL
Joined Aug 2002
2,696 Posts
K&B made a good strong inboard .67 engine. They are being made now by MECOA. They look to have gone up some in price (like doubled), but he parts availability is there.

I personally always liked OPS and Picco marine engines the best in the larger sizes. Too bad Picco has all but gone away. Aeromarine carries OPS engines and parts.

Rick
ElectRick is offline Find More Posts by ElectRick
Old Sep 06, 2005, 04:57 PM
RC boat Rock Star
Kalamazoo, MI
Joined Apr 2004
2,911 Posts
MAC engines are currently the ones to beat. www.cmdracing.com . They are made by CMB to Andy Brown's specs. There shouldn't be any problems with getting parts or not getting any a few years down the road either.
Ron Olson is offline Find More Posts by Ron Olson
Old Sep 08, 2005, 06:44 PM
Power in the hands of few
San Francisco, CA
Joined Jul 2004
233 Posts
Ron's absolutely right. MAC is the way to go. The fastest motors around, and easy to get parts.
DMACK is offline Find More Posts by DMACK