HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 07, 2002, 02:42 PM
Plane hugging cat
Mackay Queensland Australia
Joined Sep 2001
1,355 Posts
My latest scratch built plane

Introducing the Styrene Stick. It's made from polystyrene and a stick. No kidding eh? This is my first polystyrene scratch built R/C plane. I'm used to balsa and film mostly but have built some free flight poly planes before. Even a free flight electric powered by a 280ish motor and 4 cells 22 years ago!

The weather has been doing nothing but blowing and raining and I've been bored since I no can fly. Built this ugly thing in 2.5 days to keep boredom at bay.

Wingspan 1100mm, weight 245 grams, powered by GWS DXA 9x7 and six 280mah nimh cells. The IPS has 7.5 hours on it with 7 cells so I guess it's already half dead.

Cat lying near plane in case I do another taxi test so he can pounce on the dragging antenna.

Waiting for wind to calm down to test fly. Waiting... waiting...

Will it fly? Place your bets now.
Vonbaron is offline Find More Posts by Vonbaron
to remove ads between posts
Old May 07, 2002, 02:53 PM
Outside of Dyer, Tn. USA
Joined May 2000
7,135 Posts
Put a photo of a mouse on it and it will fly great attempting escape the cat!! Nice looking plane, my bet is on it....
Don Sims is offline Find More Posts by Don Sims
Old May 07, 2002, 09:29 PM
Box Elder, SD
Joined May 2002
1,473 Posts
Your plane looks very good, me thinks it should fly just fine!

Crashin J
South Dakota
nr5a is offline Find More Posts by nr5a
Old May 08, 2002, 12:34 AM
The One....
San Jose, Ca.
Joined Jan 2002
5,813 Posts
Vonbaron,

How do you line up your picture, the way that you post it like that, you can fly and you can do computers as well. I am jealous.

Man, O man, can you clue me in, on how to post a pic. as good as that...

Thanks (smileys are the only thing I can do )
genovia is offline Find More Posts by genovia
Old May 08, 2002, 12:13 PM
Plane hugging cat
Joined Sep 2001
1,355 Posts
The weather forcast says the winds will ease tomorrow. Right now it's still blowing a gale and has been raining all the time. Somehow I do not believe them. I haven't even had a chance to test glide it yet.

Genovia, thanks for the compliments.

I use a S VHS-C video camera to first video the plane and then capture still frames with the computer. The rest is done with a paint program.

I think most people here use digital still cameras to produce their pictures. Generally a digital still camera will produce better quality pictures.
Old May 08, 2002, 12:33 PM
Pittsburgh, PA
Joined Jan 2002
1,271 Posts
Nice!

Nice plane. Nice cat. My cats chew on foam (big chunk of wings was missing once ) and they love to park right on top of my worktable. Now that's a pain.
FlyByMike is offline Find More Posts by FlyByMike
Old May 08, 2002, 01:36 PM
Plane hugging cat
Joined Sep 2001
1,355 Posts
My cat does the same thing. The plane nearly never got started. As soon as I laid the sheet of foam down the cat walked over to the sheet and started using it as a scratching post!