HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by TSHARK, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Sep 04, 2005, 12:42 PM
Auburn, AL
Joined Jun 2005
75 Posts
Trader Rating: 29
Wanted
looking for a type VII U-Boat

Hello, I am looking for a type VII U-Boat like the ones 32nd use to sell. Kit or built does not matter must have pics of the item. PM or email tshark203@yahoo.com
thanks
George
TSHARK is offline Find More Posts by TSHARK
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 04, 2005, 02:39 PM
USA, OH, cambridge
Joined Sep 2001
1,003 Posts
Look at OTW models. They have a nice vii for around $1200 shipped from England. Loyahanna Dockyard is a dealer for them.These have brass decks and alot of detail. You will need to spend that much or more to finish the kit.
Good Luck
Frank
fgroza is offline Find More Posts by fgroza
Old Sep 04, 2005, 03:58 PM
Auburn, AL
Joined Jun 2005
75 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fgroza
Look at OTW models. They have a nice vii for around $1200 shipped from England. Loyahanna Dockyard is a dealer for them.These have brass decks and alot of detail. You will need to spend that much or more to finish the kit.
Good Luck
Frank
thanks for the info. still hoping to fine one closer to home but i will check them out.
Old Sep 04, 2005, 10:51 PM
jim
United States, AL, Bessemer
Joined Jan 2005
330 Posts
Trader Rating: 10
George
It is good to see someone else into subs from Al. You need to try sub committee website also .Ask around there and you may find one. A 32nd par. now thats going to be very hard to do ,I am afraid the people who have them dont usually let them go.If you do find one be ready to spend alot for it. Good luck with your hunt .

Jim
spongjim is offline Find More Posts by spongjim
Old Sep 05, 2005, 04:17 PM
Auburn, AL
Joined Jun 2005
75 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by spongjim
George
It is good to see someone else into subs from Al. You need to try sub committee website also .Ask around there and you may find one. A 32nd par. now thats going to be very hard to do ,I am afraid the people who have them dont usually let them go.If you do find one be ready to spend alot for it. Good luck with your hunt .

Jim
thanks jim
i had one back in 99 but my now ex wife made me sell it siteing that i did not need it. i cant seem to find any one else around here that does subs or even boats for that matter. where are you guys porting out of? in am in auburn.
thanks
george
Old Sep 05, 2005, 05:17 PM
Auburn, AL
Joined Jun 2005
75 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by spongjim
George

Jim
thanks jim
i had one back in 99 but my now ex wife made me sell it siteing that i did not need it. i cant seem to find any one else around here that does subs or even boats for that matter. where are you guys porting out of? in am in auburn.
thanks
george
Old Sep 05, 2005, 11:09 PM
jim
United States, AL, Bessemer
Joined Jan 2005
330 Posts
Trader Rating: 10
There are only a few people I have been able to find in Alabama that run subs .I am in Hueytown and still looking for a good place to run ,found a couple of places but to much debris in the water. Looking at a couple of private ponds right now and will let you know when I get a good one.

Jim
spongjim is offline Find More Posts by spongjim
Old Sep 06, 2005, 09:50 PM
USA, OH, cambridge
Joined Sep 2001
1,003 Posts
Keep a eye out on Ebay. There have been some 32nd size subs go through there. The last one went for around $800 for a OTW kit.
Frank
fgroza is offline Find More Posts by fgroza
Closed Thread