HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 15, 2005, 10:39 PM
Albuquerque NM
Joined Oct 2003
8,536 Posts
Vette, You STOLE that set-up, you should be in JAIL!!!!
PAT
P. Tritle is offline Find More Posts by P. Tritle
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 16, 2005, 07:48 AM
Lipoly Killer
Gulfport/Biloxi Biloxi Reg, Mississippi, United States
Joined Dec 2000
1,515 Posts
Pat- you made me do it!

After watching and reading all of your fabulous builds, I took the plunge yesterday and ordered the CC 19' (my favorite), Mack 417CE kit and all of the fixings from A/C Spruce. Thanks for all of the good advice in order to make my choices much easier! Merry Christmas!
Frank
Frank Hurd is offline Find More Posts by Frank Hurd
Old Dec 16, 2005, 03:15 PM
Monterey Bay California
Joined Feb 2004
14,157 Posts
I'm a 'victim' too!!!

Pat has, more than once, inspired purchases I've made based upon his enthusiasm, excellent build articals and photos...
Aerominded is offline Find More Posts by Aerominded
Old Dec 16, 2005, 10:25 PM
Albuquerque NM
Joined Oct 2003
8,536 Posts
Frank, Aero, Maybe I should autta' cut this out before you all end up indivorce court Or maybe you could use my line -- "it's cheaper then beer joints" Or my personal favortite -- "If you think hobby shops are expensive, you should see what lawyers charge" But whichever one Ya use, don't tell 'Em I told you to say it or we'll ALL end up in the doghouse
PAT
Old Dec 18, 2005, 01:07 AM
Monterey Bay California
Joined Feb 2004
14,157 Posts
All true Pat! "Cheaper than one month's hangar rent or boat slip fees would have been!" works really well too!!!

Old Dec 19, 2005, 08:06 AM
Lipoly Killer
Gulfport/Biloxi Biloxi Reg, Mississippi, United States
Joined Dec 2000
1,515 Posts
No divorce court

She's put up with me for going on 42 years now so she says it would too hard to train another one! Anyway, as you said, it keeps you from running the streets!
It will be my first mahagony boat so I will take my time. I have to anyway with the repairs to the house, thanks to Katrina. I figure that if it comes out looking half as good as one of Pat's boats, I'll be tickled.
Frank
Frank Hurd is offline Find More Posts by Frank Hurd
Old Dec 19, 2005, 09:18 AM
Albuquerque NM
Joined Oct 2003
8,536 Posts
She's put up with me for going on 42 years now so she says it would too hard to train another one! Anyway, as you said, it keeps you from running the streets!

Frank, How true, how true! Mine's been 26 and not only has me trained, but also knows now just how far I'll try and push it I try never to sneak much past the edge, and try never never stay out there for too long! So far so good
PAT
Old Jan 01, 2006, 09:24 AM
Joined Dec 2004
3,842 Posts
Hey Pat. Happy New Year and may it be a healthy one to. Have you had a chance to do any more on the CAVALIER. I have been following the build and look forward to the new up load. This stuff is addictive and I need my fix. I know , NO REST FOR THE WEARY. Only kidding. Have a great year.
frankg is online now Find More Posts by frankg
Old Jan 01, 2006, 04:00 PM
Albuquerque NM
Joined Oct 2003
8,536 Posts
Frank, Funny you should ask! Actually I have been moving forward, though slowly. The year end busines commitments have been standing in the way of seriouse progress, but hope to wrap it up in January. Will post up the progress photos as soon as they're "processed".
PAT
Old Jan 02, 2006, 10:59 AM
Albuquerque NM
Joined Oct 2003
8,536 Posts
Getting the Major Paint Work Done

After several weeks of wind and rediculously low temps, the weatherman finally cut us a break so I could get out and paint the hull bottom and cabin top. DuPont Nason base coat was used for both. I'd spray it inside, but the stuff smeels real bad, and since my wife was off for the holidays I figured I'd best not "rock the boat" as it were.
PAT
Old Jan 02, 2006, 03:41 PM
Monterey Bay California
Joined Feb 2004
14,157 Posts
Where was this sage advice 3 days ago, Pat???

Let's say that the 'holiday cheer' was running thin after my last brief trip to the garage! I'm still trying to convince my wife paint fumes actually smell good! (a losing battle!)

Your Cavalier is looking great!
Old Jan 02, 2006, 03:53 PM
Albuquerque NM
Joined Oct 2003
8,536 Posts
Aero, You and I both know that paint fumes are the "aroma of progress", but even after 27 years my wife still can't accept the fact the paint does, in fact, smell GOOD! I like to refer to it as "acrylic pot pourrie" but she just won't come around!
PAT
Old Jan 02, 2006, 03:58 PM
Monterey Bay California
Joined Feb 2004
14,157 Posts
LoL! absolutely! "I love the smell of lacquer in the morning... (deep breath) it smells, it smells... like progress!"
Old Jan 05, 2006, 01:30 PM
USA, NY, Mahopac
Joined Dec 2002
280 Posts
I have started my CaviIar kit last week after finishing the Patricia steam launch. I hate to burst anyone's bubble but the kit is typical Dumas quality, very soft balsa, warped wood and real crappy (grainy) mahogany. The plastic die cut parts are a nice touch, it beats the heck out of there warped ply and mahogany ply. The plans and instructions leave a lot to be desired and a lot of guess work. believe me I am not a beginner. It can be built but don't expect great quality from the kit. Well just my 2 cents.
vett is offline Find More Posts by vett
Old Jan 15, 2006, 06:49 PM
USA, NY, Mahopac
Joined Dec 2002
280 Posts
I thought I would shar a couple of pictures. I thru away most of the mahogany as it was junk. the decking is stripped ply then stained .
vett is offline Find More Posts by vett