HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 06, 2002, 09:23 PM
GFX
Joined Feb 2002
18 Posts
GWS4CEO--THANK YOU FOR ZERO!!!! More planes PLEASE!

I spent some time reading many GWS Zero posts here and got so discouraged, that I nearly gave it away without even building it and trying it out. Well, God love all you people that have had trouble with your Zero, but mine flies GREAT!!! I didn't even build it well, pretty sloppy assembly job to tell the truth, and it flies flawlessly-- no bad tendencies! My battery even shifts around, changing the CG, and no trouble--smooth as silk--even in 10 to 15 mph winds!!

I'm using two Hitec HS50, GWS pico 4 channel(5 grams), GWS CS100(5 amp with break-1 gram) esc. I am going to get another one and install the retracts! Can't wait!

I couldn't be happier!!! Thank you so much Mr. GWS4CEO! Now, please, an F4U Corsair so the epic dog fights can begin and I can meet my worthy opponent over an island, shoot each other down, bail out, and trade some of my American chocolate for some fine Japanese cigarettes!!
GFX is offline Find More Posts by GFX
to remove ads between posts
Old May 06, 2002, 09:37 PM
Ontario, Canada
Joined Sep 2001
482 Posts
What batteries are you using.....what is your total weight?

Thanks.....
d_trafalgar is offline Find More Posts by d_trafalgar
Old May 06, 2002, 09:52 PM
Thread Crapper
Lynden, WA
Joined Nov 2000
2,832 Posts
Cool!! Thats the next one Im getting
JohnVH is offline Find More Posts by JohnVH
Old May 06, 2002, 10:02 PM
GFX
Joined Feb 2002
18 Posts
I'm using 8 cell NiMh 550 mah. I haven't weighed it, but it is light. It is totally stock with about 20 grams of radio equipment. I built this one with no rudder or landing gear(I should have mentioned that earlier) It doesn't need any rudder. The ailerons work so well--rolls are a blur! It can turn on a dime, and landing in grass is beautiful. It floats in ground effect until you find your spot, then touches down like a feather. Control authority is strong throughout it's speed range and it climbs out at a steep angle with power to spare! Loops are strong from level flight. Inverted flight is great with only slight elevator needed. I even pulled off a great rolling circle today!

I'm sure that when I build one with the retracts that the performance will not be quite as good as this one because of increased weight, but only marginally I'm sure--AND, I will build it really nicely this time. I'll make up for the difference in performance because I'm dying for retracts!! I won't ad rudder but will install a tail wheel. This plane looks so great in the air! I am so stoked!! I need to calm down...
Old May 06, 2002, 10:18 PM
Just an average RC'er
Laurel, Maryland USA
Joined Aug 2000
4,291 Posts
Agreed, the Zero is an excellent flyer. It has completely replace the TM as my favorite flying airplane. Mine to was built pretty sloppy, but man does it fly great!
Jim McPherson is offline Find More Posts by Jim McPherson
Old May 07, 2002, 10:00 PM
GFX
Joined Feb 2002
18 Posts
That's great Jim! Wouldn't a gaggle of these look great in formation?!

Can't wait for the GWS Corsair, P51, P40, P47, Messerschmitt, Me262, A10, Bell Huey, Chinook, Osprey tilt rotor, C5 Galaxy, 747, S P A C E S H U T T L E !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAhHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! !!!!

Dare to dream...

GFX
Old May 08, 2002, 03:59 PM
Seneca,SC
Joined Sep 2001
91 Posts
I agree, GFX. I recently hand launched one for a buddy(he did'nt install landing gear), and it flew great! Had plenty of power, nice rolls, and flew very scale-like at half throttle, very stable and fast at high throttle. 8-550 cell nimh pack gave strong power and 10 minute flights. I hope GWS does a series of WW2 warbirds.
BroncoXLT is offline Find More Posts by BroncoXLT
Old May 08, 2002, 10:50 PM
GFX
Joined Feb 2002
18 Posts
That would be great wouldn't it Bronco? Hungry for the war birds!

GFX
Old May 09, 2002, 01:51 AM
GFX
Joined Feb 2002
18 Posts
Just crashed my Zero... OK, not really, but I did go below the hard deck!
Old May 10, 2002, 07:38 AM
Seneca,SC
Joined Sep 2001
91 Posts
GFX, are you ready to take electric to the Don Lowe Masters this year? I can see the faces when you walk up to the flight station and hand launch a Zero.
BroncoXLT is offline Find More Posts by BroncoXLT
Old May 12, 2002, 07:42 PM
GFX
Joined Feb 2002
18 Posts
Ha ha ha ha, that is funny Bronco Billy! I live about 45 min away from the Don Lowe Masters, and incidently the up-and-coming Joe Nall Giant-scale fly-in, the largest RC event in the world, featuring the the full-scale aerobatic mastery of the one and only Matthew Chapman, is at the same site. Matt alone would be reason enough to come on over to the beautiful golden corner of South Carolina for this thrill of a life time, May 15th through 19th, but you will also be treated to more turbine powered jets than you can shake a stick at--not to mention the finest giant scale aircraft in the universe!!

GFX