Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Sep 01, 2005, 10:37 PM
USA, IL, DeKalb
Joined Dec 2003
601 Posts
are there any 250 watt 3d capable bluecore plans out there?

Hey guys!

I'm looking to setup a bluecore ship with full 3D capability and I want to carry a stripped down version of the CVS One Time Use video camera. I have a power setup for 200-300 watts.

I'm just looking for a quick build test bed plane for 3D video so it does not have to be perfect.

Looking forward to your thoughts and suggestions,
Steve
chimchim is offline Find More Posts by chimchim
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 06, 2005, 07:04 PM
Airdrie, AB Canada
Joined Sep 2004
1,049 Posts
I would try the suitable size of extra 300 by www.foamyfactory.com. He's done a great job of scaling these up to 44" for ya. They are proven performers even if not the latest thing out there.

All of these shocky style fff planes scale reasonably well. Add a little extra carbon and you are good to go.

Mike
mjws is offline Find More Posts by mjws
Old Sep 06, 2005, 09:41 PM
Why aren't you out flyin?
Overland Park, Kansas, United States
Joined Mar 2004
2,046 Posts
There definitely aren't many free fff designs in that size. I have one that's good for 175 watts and up and would work for you but the plans aren't finished. That isn't going to help you right now but this will:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=404993
It's about the same size as mine and should be good for your power system. You could go to an even larger aircraft with your power system but I don't know of any free plans for anything larger. I have a Stik type of plane that I run about 350 watts on that would be close to what you want, but there are no plans and it's a little -too- large. It isn't quite 3D capable on 350 watts (well it is, but not enough power to hover), but 400 would do nicely. Check out the Big Nasty I linked to above, it should do the trick.
-Rick
colbyweb is offline Find More Posts by colbyweb
Old Sep 07, 2005, 09:19 PM
USA, IL, DeKalb
Joined Dec 2003
601 Posts
Thanks guys. I guess that my research was sound, and there are not many plans available for this size.

I decided to scratch a FFF bipe with about 42" WS and 38" length. ala equalizer with the straight wing and tapered tips. If I ever finish I will post pictures here.

Steve
chimchim is offline Find More Posts by chimchim