HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by genovia, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Feb 07, 2007, 05:11 PM
HeliAP'er!
Surrey, UK
Joined Aug 2003
8,224 Posts
I guess it lost a lot/the majority of it's forward momentum when the battery came out .... did it just flutter down to earth?

Were you doing a high-G inverted pass when the battery came out? Bet you had a bit of a !!

David
Hogster is offline Find More Posts by Hogster
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 07, 2007, 09:30 PM
Fly it like you stole it..
Florence, Al
Joined Oct 2000
29,305 Posts
I was coming inverted and then pulled vertical while rolling out of the inverted position.. The battery said "nay-nay.."
Tram is offline Find More Posts by Tram
Old Feb 14, 2007, 12:03 AM
Amishtown, Maryland
Joined Sep 2003
795 Posts
and the plane kept goin, and goin ,and goin and.....
billsmithjr is offline Find More Posts by billsmithjr
Old Feb 18, 2007, 12:36 PM
Smithfield, Rhode Island
Joined Aug 2006
39 Posts
I got too close to a hungry tree with my STS today. Had to get couple of poles taped together to shake it down. Some glue and it should be flying again soon.
emsman1 is offline Find More Posts by emsman1
Old Feb 18, 2007, 07:31 PM
United States, CA, Rocklin
Joined Jan 2006
1,105 Posts
End of the Veloce

My beautiful, original, scratch built warmliner bit the dust today.
Here's a few before and after pics, (sniff).
gofish is offline Find More Posts by gofish
Old Feb 18, 2007, 08:07 PM
Joined Nov 2005
192 Posts
Quite the debris field. Sorry for you loss. Still an impressive crash though.
venom
venom290 is offline Find More Posts by venom290
Old Feb 18, 2007, 08:36 PM
Tireshred
Texas
Joined Oct 2006
104 Posts
Ouch!
Tireshred is offline Find More Posts by Tireshred
Old Feb 18, 2007, 08:38 PM
Tireshred
Texas
Joined Oct 2006
104 Posts
Wow, at least you did it big! From the looks of the trees you're on the north side, I'm on the south side (Friendswood). Weather was great today, huh? I flew everything I have, here's a vid of me crashing into a fence with my Wing Dragon 4, no damage though, it was flying again in 2 minutes.

http://media.putfile.com/Wing-Dragon-4-Hitting-Fence
Old Feb 18, 2007, 09:34 PM
I broke my kerpellor.
Salt Lake City
Joined Sep 2004
2,430 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tireshred
Wow, at least you did it big! From the looks of the trees you're on the north side, I'm on the south side (Friendswood). Weather was great today, huh? I flew everything I have, here's a vid of me crashing into a fence with my Wing Dragon 4, no damage though, it was flying again in 2 minutes.

http://media.putfile.com/Wing-Dragon-4-Hitting-Fence
Nice. I rated that a 5, it made me laugh.

gofish, you really smacked the pavement nicely - right down the middle. I just had a T-Rex helicopter crash where I missed the grass (hit the sidewalk) by about a foot, then another where I managed to miss the pavement and hit soft grass by about 2 feet. Grass is better.
Artemetra is offline Find More Posts by Artemetra
Last edited by Artemetra; Feb 18, 2007 at 10:59 PM.
Old Feb 19, 2007, 12:06 PM
I have two speeds fast and WFO
United States, IN, Vincennes
Joined Jul 2006
471 Posts
Well I scattared another. The new plane i have been building lays in pieces. It was my first 3D airplane. I designed it to do just what it did. Only one problem i have never flown a 3D plane before. I flew it too fast. I put my O.S. 46 on it it had the power. But with my enlarged surfaces the tail would do the dolphin wave during anything but low speed manuvers. I wish i had a video of the flight. It was a high wing but it was rolling like an extra. Rolls were instantanious. snap rolls, were insanely fast. I loved the way it flew i just need to slow it down. Maybe redesign tail surfaces a little. I still have no way to put pictures on here but when i do i will post them.
customcarmaker is offline Find More Posts by customcarmaker
Old Feb 26, 2007, 02:54 PM
Joined Nov 2005
192 Posts
corsair shot down by unknown axis plane

Just finished building sat., maiden on sun, rebuilding on mon.
venom
Old Feb 26, 2007, 02:58 PM
Joined Nov 2005
192 Posts
1 more pic

1 more
Old Feb 26, 2007, 08:29 PM
Why you swing so hard?
Lake Tahoe
Joined Jun 2006
1,272 Posts
Great pics!

I never crash

I just feel the ocassional need to work with fiberglass, wood, CA, epoxy, covering material, tape, solder, dremel, hobby knife, micro-balloons, every other day or week (if I'm lucky) after a less-than-groovy landing
jsnaphook is offline Find More Posts by jsnaphook
Old Feb 27, 2007, 01:26 AM
Joined Feb 2007
123 Posts
Tireshred,
what camera are you using, I have been thinking I should mount a camera and yours has a beautifull picture...love the sound of that hitting the fence, hard to believe no real damage lol.
Belgarath is offline Find More Posts by Belgarath
Old Feb 27, 2007, 07:42 AM
Tireshred
Texas
Joined Oct 2006
104 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belgarath
Tireshred,
what camera are you using, I have been thinking I should mount a camera and yours has a beautifull picture...love the sound of that hitting the fence, hard to believe no real damage lol.
I was sure I'd walk up on a broken wing and shattered camera, but both were fine, a little scratched, but fine. Here's the video I took 2 minutes later, I brought it in high and hot, I wasn't going to hit that fence twice!

http://media.putfile.com/Wing-Dragon-4-2-18-07

It's a Pure Digital Point and Shoot, I got it from Amazon for $99. It holds 30 minutes of good video and is tough (kinda evident from the video, huh?) Instead of 2 AAA or AA batteries I use a 123A lithium 3v battery and soldered a JST connector on the battery and the other on the tabs. It saves a bunch of weight (it's down to 3.8ozs w/case, I use it for things other than RC) and lasts a long time. To be honest, I've never drained a battery fully so I'm not sure how long it lasts, but I've filled it with 30 minutes of video, downloaded, filled it again and let friends watch them on it, it never died.