Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Aug 28, 2005, 03:05 PM
Fort Collins, CO USA
Joined Jun 2005
164 Posts
Advice/recommendation for FFF/elevon plane for first-time builder

Hi all,

I finally scored a bundle of the Bluecor FFF this weekend and I'm looking for suggestions on what plane to build as my first.

Things I'm wanting:
-------------------
I'm thinking that an elevon type plane would be good as I don't have 4 servos (yet) for a full-blown design. It would also make construction easier I think. I would really like to avoid just a rudder/elevator setup as I'd like to be able to do some rolls/etc.

Strongly prefer something that can be used in a suburban backyard (meaning it's not that large )

Must use my existing Futaba 3108 tiny servos and R156F micro recvr.

Must use one of the Lipo packs I just bought (2-cell 640mah and 3-cell 640mah Kokams both with 15C discharge capability).

I just finished winding a Komodo 278 motor (probably comparible to a single-stator GBx) which I'd like to use, but I also have a couple GBvs in the mail.

Would prefer a "plane" looking design (jet, sport, whatever) as I've got a Unicorn to satisfy my delta-wing desires right now (thus, I'd not be interested in the Jerbear's wing, for example, at this time.)

Easy/fast to cut and assemble with PU glue, tape, etc. - I wanna see what all this FFF/DPF excitement is about
-------------------

Hopefully, that's not such a restrictive list that I cannot get anything to match it. I've looked through the sticky thread of plans, but I'd appreciate input in helping me match my wishlist with a good design suitable for a first-time builder.

Thanks!
Mike
micsaund is offline Find More Posts by micsaund
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 28, 2005, 03:22 PM
Just checking gravity...
Farmington, MI, USA
Joined Jun 2005
462 Posts
Hoot, defently matches you list in every way, I dont think you'll find a better match lol.

search the foamy forum you'll find it.

Good luck
crazy pilot is offline Find More Posts by crazy pilot
Old Aug 28, 2005, 08:27 PM
Fort Collins, CO USA
Joined Jun 2005
164 Posts
Thanks - the HOOT definitely looks like what I want!

Mike
micsaund is offline Find More Posts by micsaund