HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 12, 2001, 03:01 PM
Heli Bouncer
At the Discount Clambake
Joined Feb 2001
3,920 Posts
Anyone have an idea on how to post BMP's

Hi there

Well I've been working on my .BMP's and I have some images of my planes to post with text. I think it was flaperons, who did the "Poor Zagi" thread, gave some info, but I need some fairly complete instructions, and we don't have a personal web page yet so we're going to have to rely on the 'Zone for help with the transfer....I think...
Anyone have a clue? If you do, Thank you in advance.

Looee
Looooeeee! is offline Find More Posts by Looooeeee!
to remove ads between posts
Old May 12, 2001, 03:26 PM
N. Staffs, UK
Joined Jan 1997
5,654 Posts
Please don't try to post .bmp pictures. They are HUGE !!! Very big. Very bad to download.

Either get a free website for them or convert them to .jpgs which require about 1/10 of the space and download time.

Steve
steve lewin is offline Find More Posts by steve lewin
Old May 12, 2001, 03:40 PM
Heli Bouncer
At the Discount Clambake
Joined Feb 2001
3,920 Posts
O.K.

How do I convert .BMP's to .JPG's, if it's not too hard

thanx

Looee
Old May 12, 2001, 03:53 PM
United States, CT, Enfield
Joined Nov 2000
343 Posts
Just open the picture with MS Paint and click file/save as..., when the save as window comes up click the file type drop-down menu on the bottom and choose the .jpg extension.

Paul
Paul is offline Find More Posts by Paul
Old May 12, 2001, 07:56 PM
United States, MI, Lapeer
Joined Aug 2000
759 Posts
depends on his version of mspaint, win 95 dont do that, win98 might not, at least the older version of 98 mignt not....

You can also download the demo of Paint Shop Pro.... wich will convert to all sorts of things but takes a while to get use to the newer version. http://www.jasc.com

Draconious is offline Find More Posts by Draconious
Old May 13, 2001, 08:15 AM
Old Desert Rat
Rimrock AZ. USA
Joined Mar 2000
1,113 Posts
Looooeeee!
People are going to hate you and you are going to hate yourself if you try to use a BMP file. Any of the picture programs should be able to save it as an JPG. Window's "Paint" will do it. Then resize it so it isn't any bigger then 50 to 70K.
You can get a free web site that is easy to put together from Yahoo:
http://geocities.yahoo.com/home/
..AZ Chuck

Arizona Chuck is offline Find More Posts by Arizona Chuck
Old May 13, 2001, 09:33 AM
Heli Bouncer
At the Discount Clambake
Joined Feb 2001
3,920 Posts
Hi all

One thing that's great about this site is the real fast response that you get on problems. I'm finding out more about this problem, and it seems since we're running an earlier vers. of 95 this is not possible.

Does anyone know of a stand alone program that can be downloaded for free, that does this conversion, and once the conversion is complete it can be resized as a small image that can be cut and pasted into the text when you post, as these images are really simple drawings done in 16 colors.

Umm, I guess I'd have to set up a personal web page anyhow, but I was thinking, how much easier it would be to post a small image direct with text. At least until then.

Now, if I could get some more feed back on my stories.....

Looee
Old May 13, 2001, 10:34 AM
Model Designer
United Kingdom, England, Burnley
Joined Apr 2001
5,489 Posts
Looooeeee

Paint Shop Pro is a good program for drawing with - but it is way over the top for simply capturing and saving pictures. Try this link:-
http://www.techsmith.com/products/snagit/

This is an easy to use application that allows you to 'capture' any image on your screen in many different formats and save into another format. When saving pictures to j.peg, it reduces the amount of memory used as a bonus !
Any queries - I'll be glad to help !
Mail me direct if you'd like any help - I've been using this application on and off for a year or so to send pictures in e-mails !

Keven.
keven64 is offline Find More Posts by keven64