HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 26, 2005, 12:54 AM
Minneapolis, MN
Joined Jun 2005
58 Posts
Look what I made for my micro(s)...

I hated trying to go anywhere and bring my heli (blade x2 and a Kyosho M24), I would end up bringing @ 3 boxes of parts, chargers, batteries, and my heli would sit on top (hopefully.) If I went camping or “up north” ( I live in Minnesota) I would worry that the chopper(s) would get damaged or the blades would get warped, etc..
I looked in the forums for cases and saw that they could be spendy, and I ran across a pic of someone using a Stanley tool box, well I could get that for $14.99 at Sears, so I got one.
My goal was to have a “grab and go” case, something that would hold 2 helicopters the transmitters and easy fix supplies (blades, skids, motors, flybars, etc) and a small “take along if you have space or gone for a few days" box that has the not so easy to fix supplies (servos, 4-1, etc).
I took some pictures of my “work in progress” and being that I am a newbe at this, I thought someone else who has just started this as a hobby might want to do this also.

MikeL.
landmlord is offline Find More Posts by landmlord
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 26, 2005, 02:01 AM
Umm, Whats "Rc" Mean?
Bristol, Uk
Joined Aug 2005
211 Posts
Great idea.
Giglimesh is offline Find More Posts by Giglimesh
Old Aug 26, 2005, 02:12 AM
Alan
Malaysia
Joined Oct 2004
275 Posts
Well done, I like to call it as mobile workshop.
alan_gbk is offline Find More Posts by alan_gbk
Old Aug 26, 2005, 02:37 PM
Don't look at me like that....
United States, AR, McDougal
Joined Aug 2005
2,798 Posts
I Use An Airtight Camera Case For My Piccolo, Heli Batteries Some Tools But Not Tx. Foam Lined..........................pilot
Bcp Just Stays In Box It Came In...
62pilot is offline Find More Posts by 62pilot
Old Aug 26, 2005, 02:53 PM
Portland, OR US
Joined Aug 2005
992 Posts
Yeh...one day I think I will do that too Im messing with my dragonfly 22d. My brand new blade cp is sitting the box. One day when I get better I will play with it. Dont' get me wrong, I got a killer deal for it so I had to grab it. $160 shipped brand newwith extra blade and crash kit and training gear off Ebay
cat5 is offline Find More Posts by cat5
Old Aug 26, 2005, 06:16 PM
chief helitologist
Kingman AZ
Joined Nov 2002
217 Posts
i like those precision screw drivers you have - the multi colored ones. I pick up packs of those a week for a buck! I dont bother looking for them...

Great idea I think i might make something like that for my self.
jon_n85 is offline Find More Posts by jon_n85
Old Aug 26, 2005, 09:11 PM
The Great Santini
Madison, NJ 07940
Joined Dec 2004
1,922 Posts
Yes, Sears is great in that they have a quite a number of very inexpensive tool boxes... better than home depot for example. I looked at the Stanley you have, but picked the Stack-On brand box only because it has a good sized tool tray and it is tall enought to stand my drangonfly in it with the tray in... I think I paid like $13 for it, but that might have been on sale. It's really great, like you say, because I can just grab one box and go to the park.

I like the clear parts holders you have there... very nice set up overall.
Santini is offline Find More Posts by Santini
Old Aug 27, 2005, 07:59 AM
Joined Aug 2005
5 Posts
Really nice

How much money it cost to u?? This hobby is very expensive >_<
LEARSI is offline Find More Posts by LEARSI