HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 27, 2005, 04:01 PM
Belgium
Joined Jun 2005
741 Posts
As far as I remember there are enough motels along autoroutes.
I have lived (grown up) in newcastle upon tyne, and we went to dover by car, stayed in a motel somwhere in between, took a ferry to calais and drove to belgium every summer, to see our family and friends etc.
I even vaguely remember the logo of a certain motel chain we almost always stayed at.

And btw, even if you can't officially book yet, you can mail them and tell them you're interested in using their track for the uk national bike race, and how there'll be people coming from all over europe and a few from the us and maybe even some austrailians and stuff. They'll try and keep july open for us I'd reckon.
w00p is offline Find More Posts by w00p
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 28, 2005, 04:15 AM
Wetherby, UK
Joined Dec 2003
1,138 Posts
Stelios, Kavajas, w00p,

It would be great to see you all here, thanks for your interest! Along with Australians, Americans, Italians and Europeans, this will truly be a WORLD championship!

I only started this thread to see if anyone would be interested in making the trip. Didn't realise the response would be so high! That's spurred me on to make sure this WILL happen, but I cannot get a fixed date for a few months yet, so please be patient.

John
nuovaic is online now Find More Posts by nuovaic
Old Aug 28, 2005, 03:22 PM
2 Wheel Junkie 4 Life
San Diego Lindberg, California, United States
Joined Jun 2004
1,433 Posts
Please, let me know the date's for this race. I'm very interested in attending so you can count me in. Since the guys came all the way here for our race then I suppose it's only polite to have one there. But, what ever you all decide is fine with me.

Lorenzo
lorenzo_MiniGP is offline Find More Posts by lorenzo_MiniGP
Old Aug 28, 2005, 05:13 PM
Belgium
Joined Jun 2005
741 Posts
Well, this is like the us nationals but for the whole of europe.
Whatever you choose, choose a track with smooth bends, but not too long so the stock's won't feel slow and silly!
Old Aug 29, 2005, 03:59 AM
Wetherby, UK
Joined Dec 2003
1,138 Posts
Lorenzo, you'll be very welcome! I hope you can make it. Maybe we can trade batteries and beer over here then?!!

w00p, don't worry, a suitable track will be chosen!

John
Old Sep 14, 2005, 05:03 PM
SE England
Joined May 2005
164 Posts
??????
loonracing is offline Find More Posts by loonracing
Old Sep 15, 2005, 02:31 PM
Belgium
Joined Jun 2005
741 Posts
A few days ago, an old college of my dad came over to visit, and they worked together in the uk.
I just thought of something, I'd be a criminal if I had a beer there...
Funny, if I hear some stories about brits just over the legal age of drinking there, I'd say I'm 2 years younger and drink more responsibly.

Meh, so, has anyone asked around yet for tracks willing to organise something like this?
Old Sep 15, 2005, 03:36 PM
Wetherby, UK
Joined Dec 2003
1,138 Posts
In negotiations as we speak. Be patient, these things take time!

As soon as we have something concrete, we'll post it here.

John
Old Sep 15, 2005, 04:04 PM
Belgium
Joined Jun 2005
741 Posts
We have faith, don't worry, we're not questioning you!
Just curious...
Old Sep 17, 2005, 05:01 PM
Modena (Italy)
Joined Jul 2004
22 Posts
Me too

Hi guys, hi John.
If you organize a bike race in 2006 spring I hope to be present.
This year I had not come to L.A. cause job busy.
If you have some news can you write me by email?
I have problems to read all the post in the forum.
Ciao
Paolo Ognibene is offline Find More Posts by Paolo Ognibene
Old Sep 18, 2005, 05:36 AM
Wetherby, UK
Joined Dec 2003
1,138 Posts
Hi Paolo,

Good to hear from you again. As soon as I have a fixed date I'll e-mail you, then I would appreciate it if you could pass the word around in Italy and bring as many of your friends as you can! The more the better!

John
Old Sep 22, 2005, 07:12 PM
Portugal, Lisbon District, Amadora
Joined Oct 2004
77 Posts
Hi john, from Portugal i think we can take 4 or 5 guys but maybe can be more or less. Over here we are not so many as i whould like to be.
But lets see, regards,
Joao
kavajas is offline Find More Posts by kavajas
Old Sep 23, 2005, 03:06 AM
Wetherby, UK
Joined Dec 2003
1,138 Posts
That's great news Joao! I'm looking forward to meeting you and your friends, you will be made very welcome.

Final decision on date will be made early November, then all details will be posted on a seperate page on the Skipton site, including rules, track details, access - ferry, eurotunnel, airport - accomodation etc.

John
Old Oct 11, 2005, 03:55 PM
1/5th scale bike racer
Wigan, England
Joined Nov 2004
51 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan duesentrieb
...but what is required to be a recognised manufacturer? Is there a certain amount of sold bikes required?
What about establishing an open class for every 1:5 scale bike, no matter if series or prototype, stock or modified?
I think we should encourage designers like Patrick (and me ) who try new concepts apart from that common design that was developed in the late 80s in Italy and was always, more or less, copied until today. Just compare the new TT Nitro with the old DWA Commando...
When you look at the results of the SV race you will see it makes sense to rethink old concepts.
I would like to participate in a race in the UK with one of my prototypes, just to compare it with the mass produced bikes or even better with some other newly designed bikes. Possibly i will ask one of the experienced british pilots to drive it.
dan
Hello guy's

Any 1/5th bike which turns up to race will be allowed to race in the modified class. As long as it has two wheels and is radio controled it should be legal for the worlds meet. The only rules we need to sort out is the stock motor rule.

I personally just want as many competitors as possible to attend this event. The more the merrier! We allways have a good laugh at the meetings, and I'm sure whoever comes over will have a great time and have a warm welcome.

The maximum and minimum wheelbase limits are just to keep the bikes looking right for there scale. We don't want any huge or tiny bikes which offer an unfair advantage over the others, or look daft due to there lack of realistic dimensions. This is mainly for our national race series, at the end of the day the racing need to remain close, fair and fun, otherwise people don't enjoy it.

I can't see petty rules stopping anybody who wishes to race, competing. Plus I would love to try one of the new bikes John and Jon jnr used in the states this year. I'm just peeved I couldn't afford the trip over.

Col.
macca is offline Find More Posts by macca
Old Oct 12, 2005, 12:57 AM
2 Wheel Junkie 4 Life
San Diego Lindberg, California, United States
Joined Jun 2004
1,433 Posts
Where abouts in the UK City? What month are you thinking about?

Just the basics to see if its possible for me to attend?

Lorenzo
lorenzo_MiniGP is offline Find More Posts by lorenzo_MiniGP