Old Jun 29, 2006, 09:22 PM
Any thing nitro
NORTHRIDGE CA
Joined Jan 2006
1,186 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by metomwhou
HRL,
I don't think there was an advantage to any one bike, they were all pretty much running the same size motors and had about the same capacity of fuel tanks, if thats what you were talking about. If I learned anything this weekend, it was this: Once you get your bike set-up, don't touch it!! I tore my bikes down to save space in the suitcase but once I got them at the track I had problems getting the set-ups back to where I liked it and it was just frustrating.
Thats what I was wondering if one bike fueled quicker than another and if one had a noticeable advantage. Did anyone get pics of the pit guys at work? And I know what you mean about set-up. I found a pretty good one for my local track(Sunvalley Speedway) and I didn't even want to clean my bike. lol Now I went and changed the chassis and the rear shock at the same time. Hope it's still dailed. Golden Rule. Change one thing at a time. Dohhhhhh
HOT ROD LOCAL is offline Find More Posts by HOT ROD LOCAL
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 29, 2006, 09:27 PM
Bruce
Palmdale, CA
Joined Sep 2005
2,772 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HOT ROD LOCAL
Thats what I was wondering if one bike fueled quicker than another and if one had a noticeable advantage. Did anyone get pics of the pit guys at work? And I know what you mean about set-up. I found a pretty good one for my local track(Sunvalley Speedway) and I didn't even want to clean my bike. lol Now I went and changed the chassis and the rear shock at the same time. Hope it's still dailed. Golden Rule. Change one thing at a time. Dohhhhhh
You mean my method of changing everything the night before a race is not a good idea?
slawsonb is offline Find More Posts by slawsonb
Old Jun 29, 2006, 09:30 PM
Any thing nitro
NORTHRIDGE CA
Joined Jan 2006
1,186 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by slawsonb
You mean my method of changing everything the night before a race is not a good idea?
UMMMM yeah yeah its allright.
HOT ROD LOCAL is offline Find More Posts by HOT ROD LOCAL
Old Jun 30, 2006, 05:06 AM
Big thrills w/o hospital bills
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Sep 2003
3,704 Posts
I was just wondering if anyone got any footage of the 'B' Final Nitro's and the 'B' Final Modified's..???
My V-camera battery went flat after the 'A' Stock Final and I did'nt have time to sort it out...

If anyone could help me out, it would be muchly appreciated,.. Thanks!!..

Shaun
scaulfi is offline Find More Posts by scaulfi
Old Jun 30, 2006, 10:31 PM
I'll be back..bwap bwaap
Seattle
Joined Oct 2003
450 Posts
muchly...haha.

Congrats to all...more vids please
Drillah is offline Find More Posts by Drillah
Old Jul 01, 2006, 07:16 AM
Joined Jan 2005
2,303 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by metomwhou
HRL,
I don't think there was an advantage to any one bike, they were all pretty much running the same size motors and had about the same capacity of fuel tanks, if thats what you were talking about. What was important was having a pit-man that knew your bike well and was able to spot a problem when one arose and being able to get you back on the track as fast as possible. That was the only race I didn't sit in on inside the pit. The start was the biggest problem, it took ages to get the race started and some bikes were just overheating. Once the race got going, it looked like everyone was doing well enough on temps, that day was pretty cool temp wise.
Graham was right, the straight was pretty long and guys were able to really wind the bikes out and then get on the brakes hard. His 4 stroke sounded so sweet, just chugging along like a freight train!! The only thing he was confused about was me being quick!! I couldn't put two laps together to save my life this weekend!!
If I learned anything this weekend, it was this: Once you get your bike set-up, don't touch it!! I tore my bikes down to save space in the suitcase but once I got them at the track I had problems getting the set-ups back to where I liked it and it was just frustrating. With the heats running as fast as they were, unless you were already set-up it was tough for everyone to get it together. Trying two classes at my first event was the wrong plan, I still had fun, but it was more of a learning experience. I think the thursday before the practice heats were held would have been nice to have, next year be prepared to go a day or two early just to learn the track. No matter how much parking-lot racing you do, a track is a whole new game!! That being said, I still plan to meet up again next year if I'm able to even if its just to finish last again in the c main!!
Tom
WOW you took apart. But i know what you mean about the tracks.Now i don't drive my bikes as much as i use to.It's more fun being on a track.I'm wondering which would be cheaper? To move closer to a track? Or to build a track?
swheels is offline Find More Posts by swheels
Old Jul 04, 2006, 01:49 PM
Warwick - UK
Joined Feb 2006
1,151 Posts
Some awesome Video footage in the www.skiptonclub.net web site by John, superb, if the official DVD is anywhere near as good it'll be awesome, top Job John.

Dez
Dez82 is offline Find More Posts by Dez82
Old Jul 04, 2006, 06:07 PM
Auckland, New Zealand
Joined Feb 2006
124 Posts
Yeah thats an awesome vid alright Who's bike was that that was smoking away on the grass?

And who's making the official DVD? Can I pre-order it? Very keen on getting this!
Sean S is offline Find More Posts by Sean S
Old Jul 05, 2006, 12:33 AM
Stuttgart
Joined Jan 2004
1,781 Posts
Colin McCabe's superbike smoked the esc, at first we thought it was the lipo's but thankfully not. He did that on the last lap or right at the end and was able to get it replaced for the next heat!
Tom
metomwhou is offline Find More Posts by metomwhou
Old Jul 05, 2006, 09:02 AM
Joined Jan 2005
2,303 Posts
Man those guys were smoke'n that track....and the lawn.Excellent video.
swheels is offline Find More Posts by swheels
Old Jul 06, 2006, 02:24 PM
Joined Jun 2006
1 Posts
Wheelie-ing stock?

How does Antony Barrass do it? Are you sure this is a stock bike?
dave h is offline Find More Posts by dave h
Old Jul 06, 2006, 02:34 PM
Wetherby, UK
Joined Dec 2003
1,135 Posts
Hey nice pic Dave, you got any more?

I have to admit the stock class was fantastic to watch, extremely close, just like real 125 GP racing. But wheelies? That must be a first. Unless that dark patch under the bike is a small stone!

John
nuovaic is offline Find More Posts by nuovaic
Old Sep 03, 2006, 03:41 PM
Joined Sep 2006
33 Posts
bike portugal

hi i'm from portugal i like ride a bike an d i have one i like to change sam ideia...
here in portugal we are less that have one bike same time in trophi have 3 or 4 rider... thank's and sorry for my inglish....
aperiquito is offline Find More Posts by aperiquito