SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Aug 25, 2005, 08:29 PM
mp-
Napa, California
Joined Jan 2004
706 Posts
Jako,

So, how do we lobby for a slight (or not so slight) tweak of the rules?

mp-
mp- is offline Find More Posts by mp-
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 25, 2005, 08:52 PM
napoli, italia
Joined Mar 2005
124 Posts
mp-

i think john (nouvaic) is already looking in to it, & i`m sure the minute he finds out
he will post the outcome on here !!
but i guess it will depend on how slight or not so slight the ruleing needs changing
if at all.

jako #7
v-twinlooney is offline Find More Posts by v-twinlooney
Old Aug 25, 2005, 08:52 PM
www.steliosh.net/rcmoto/
Athens, Greece
Joined Oct 2003
3,353 Posts
Well, John... this certainly sounds interesting! And knowing that Mrs Wife has always had a soft spot for the UK, not to mention a couple of friends (of other interests, btw, like *real* BMW bikes!) there, I see that it could be feasible! Do NOT count me in, yet, but, as you said there is some time ahead! And... England is quite closer to us than the good ole USA... I could even bring my almost stock 1/8 Kyosho as well...
(almost means: DMC motor, ball bearings, shock, forks, 600mah batteries... boy, this IS stock!!!)
I ll let you know how it goes in the coming days!
steliosh is online now Find More Posts by steliosh
Old Aug 25, 2005, 09:05 PM
Northern IL/ Southern WI
Joined Jul 2004
588 Posts
Cool ! Ive always wanted to go to the UK. You guys can count me in (about 95% Sure) I'll start investigating travel options this weekend.I'd more than likely make it a 2 or 3 week trip though, to get out and see the country befor or after the race
motorbikemike is offline Find More Posts by motorbikemike
Old Aug 25, 2005, 10:38 PM
STeve B in NC
North Carolina, USA
Joined Sep 2003
7,756 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuovaic
IF this was organised, would anyone on this forum be willing to attend?

John
I told my wife about this, and then quickly added the caveat that of course, she could come . After maybe a 5 second blank stare, I got a resounding "maybe."

I know if I really said I wanted to go, she would not object. If she didn't want to come with me, I would then have to decide if I could jet off halfway around the world to play, leaving her with everything...again.

The good thing is that I have a year to let the idea grow on her.
mollycbr123 is offline Find More Posts by mollycbr123
Old Aug 25, 2005, 10:39 PM
STeve B in NC
North Carolina, USA
Joined Sep 2003
7,756 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorbikemike
Cool ! Ive always wanted to go to the UK. You guys can count me in (about 95% Sure) I'll start investigating travel options this weekend.I'd more than likely make it a 2 or 3 week trip though, to get out and see the country befor or after the race
I used to be a spur of the moment traveler, mostly motorcycle trips. It almost makes me wish I was still single. Almost.
Old Aug 25, 2005, 10:50 PM
Joined Jan 2005
2,308 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollycbr123
I used to be a spur of the moment traveler, mostly motorcycle trips. It almost makes me wish I was still single. Almost.
Beeeee careful........a women can make something out of nothing. I hear foot steps gotta go...............
swheels is offline Find More Posts by swheels
Old Aug 26, 2005, 01:00 AM
Dubai U.A.E
Joined Oct 2003
867 Posts
John:

I'd like to attend, could fit it in enroute home to Canada as part of my Summer vacation . Which month are you thinking of holding 'UK rcMoto Days' race meet?

best regards,
kevin@rcbike.com
vaz2107 is offline Find More Posts by vaz2107
Old Aug 26, 2005, 01:04 AM
Dubai U.A.E
Joined Oct 2003
867 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan duesentrieb
...but what is required to be a recognised manufacturer? Is there a certain amount of sold bikes required? ..... dan

Dan: You can start by selling me a bike , I'm waiting for your e-mail.

kevin@rcbike.com
vaz2107 is offline Find More Posts by vaz2107
Old Aug 26, 2005, 05:08 AM
into z50/cz100 resto's
some wear up norf (uk)
Joined Jan 2005
235 Posts
exciting news

i really hope this happens guys..... i only got into rc bikes at he start of the year and wasn't aware of the sv speedway event until it was too late for me to do anything about it....... it will be great if some of you can get over here to race. the numbers should be pretty high as i'm sure all the uk racers would make the extra effort to attend......

carl.....
northern monkey is offline Find More Posts by northern monkey
Old Aug 26, 2005, 05:23 AM
www.steliosh.net/rcmoto/
Athens, Greece
Joined Oct 2003
3,353 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by northern monkey
i really hope this happens guys..... i only got into rc bikes at he start of the year and wasn't aware of the sv speedway event until it was too late for me to do anything about it....... it will be great if some of you can get over here to race. the numbers should be pretty high as i'm sure all the uk racers would make the extra effort to attend......

carl.....
That's what's worrying me! What chance do all other amateur racers have?!!!
Of course, we can all claim that we did the trip JUST to meet with fellow r/c bikers, and not really... race!!!!!!
steliosh is online now Find More Posts by steliosh
Old Aug 26, 2005, 06:42 AM
United States, CO, Colorado Springs
Joined Jan 2004
1,783 Posts
As long as we're still in Europe during that time frame, I'm there!!
Tom
metomwhou is offline Find More Posts by metomwhou
Old Aug 26, 2005, 07:32 AM
Belgium
Joined Jun 2005
741 Posts
I'd love to go, and the uk is actually possible.
My sisters boyfriend is moving to england to study and all, so that might be an extra excuse to go to england, plus my parents have been wanting to go back to the uk for a while now (we've lived there) so thats 3 excuses.
And after all, its not that far!

So where exactly would the race be?
And btw, england has quite some rc bike scene. If they can start up a bike dedicated circuit (skipton for example), they have enough bikers to make the effort worth it I'd reckon...
w00p is offline Find More Posts by w00p
Old Aug 26, 2005, 07:56 AM
STeve B in NC
North Carolina, USA
Joined Sep 2003
7,756 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by steliosh
That's what's worrying me! What chance do all other amateur racers have?!!!
Of course, we can all claim that we did the trip JUST to meet with fellow r/c bikers, and not really... race!!!!!!
That's not a worry, Stelios! With enough racers, we can have an "A" main, "B" main, "C" main, etc.

I will line up against you in the "Q" main, my friend .
Old Aug 26, 2005, 08:13 AM
Wetherby, UK
Joined Dec 2003
1,139 Posts
Wow, a very encouraging response!
Date and venue have yet to be discussed, this is still only in the 'idea' stage, a lot of work to do yet.

Nate, it'll be great to have you here, perhaps we can return the sightseeing favour?

Dan,
the essence of the rules is also to promote development and new ideas. I think there would be no objections to your bike, in fact it would be fantastic to finally see it raced! If you're serious about coming over with it, we'll have a chat sometime to make sure there's no problems.

Stelios, Mike, Steve, Kevin, Tom, WooP, thanks for showing interest. I'll put you down for good possibles. What a meeting this could be!

John
nuovaic is online now Find More Posts by nuovaic
Last edited by nuovaic; Aug 26, 2005 at 03:18 PM.