HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by Art Newland, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Aug 21, 2005, 02:36 PM
CD-ROM Junkie
Camas, Washington, USA
Joined Apr 2001
13,453 Posts
Trader Rating: 89
For Sale
1/4 Scale Sig Spacewalker II

For Sale!
1/4 Scale Sig Spacewalker II. Equipped with MaxCim Y wind with 25 cell ESC and MEC MonsterBox. Has quite a bit of detail added to it, dummy engine, landing gear w/ dummy disc brakes and ETC. I qualified for the US Scale Masters Championship twice with the model (Its about a 91-92 static) and although there is some slight wear, its still very nice. AUW with 24 sub C batteries was almost 13.5 pounds, geared for 850 watts the plane flies very scale like with power for scale aerobatics as well. Flight times ranged about 10 minutes on Panasonic 3000s. The plane is covered with Coverite fabric and painted. Hate to sell it, but time for a new project. Asking $700, youll have to come and pick it up, or arrange for the shipping, I would also be willing to drive a reasonable distance to meet you. Servos are installed, you basically need your transmitter and receiver, receiver battery or UBEC, and a 24 cell pack (3-8cell packs) and go fly!

http://www.maxcim.com/technical.html

http://www.hobbyhorse.com/sig_spacewalker2.shtml

http://www.scalemasters.org/epower

http://www.shredair.com/equinox/equinox03.html
Art Newland is offline Find More Posts by Art Newland
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 21, 2005, 05:15 PM
Oceanside, Ca.
Joined Oct 2003
34 Posts
Trader Rating: 140
Very cool!
rcdude01 is offline Find More Posts by rcdude01
Old Aug 21, 2005, 09:27 PM
CD-ROM Junkie
Camas, Washington, USA
Joined Apr 2001
13,453 Posts
Thanks RCDUDE, here are a couple more pics!
Old Aug 21, 2005, 10:12 PM
Zoom, zoom...
Roseville, CA (Sacramento area)
Joined May 2003
3,509 Posts
Trader Rating: 22
Man that is so beautiful. If I had the cash, I would pony up in a heart beat.
Trikster is offline Find More Posts by Trikster
Old Aug 21, 2005, 11:01 PM
CD-ROM Junkie
Camas, Washington, USA
Joined Apr 2001
13,453 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trikster
Man that is so beautiful. If I had the cash, I would pony up in a heart beat.
Thanks for the compliment Trickster, BTW, I wish you had the money to pony too! A couple more pictures for your veiwing pleasure! 8^) I forgot to mention that the pilots head is on a servo, and I had it mixed with the rudder channel to he could watch where he is going while taxiing!
Old Aug 22, 2005, 01:32 PM
CD-ROM Junkie
Camas, Washington, USA
Joined Apr 2001
13,453 Posts
Bump
Old Aug 22, 2005, 02:43 PM
Winchester; Ohio
Joined Feb 2001
876 Posts
Trader Rating: 30
Hi Art; If you decide to split everything up I would be interested in the motor/gearbox and controller.
Beautiful plane BTW

Adam
Adam Neat is offline Find More Posts by Adam Neat
Old Aug 22, 2005, 06:32 PM
CD-ROM Junkie
Camas, Washington, USA
Joined Apr 2001
13,453 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Neat
Hi Art; If you decide to split everything up I would be interested in the motor/gearbox and controller.
Beautiful plane BTW

Adam
Hadn't really thought about splitting it up, but I'll keep you in mind. Maybe someone might be interested in the airframe. Seriously, I don't think the motor/esc has had more than about 30 battery cycles through it, now that I think about it, the esc was replaced by MaxCim after about 10 runs because of some under-rated components. I don't have any idea what the motor/esc/gearbox is worth, it's in nearly new condition. It's the smoothest BL setup I've played with.
Old Aug 23, 2005, 09:28 AM
jollyroger
Central Lake, Mi.
Joined Nov 2002
1,025 Posts
Trader Rating: 11
That's a lovely plane Art. beautiful scale work! I've been looking for something in a large scale model like this. Sig has the plane in 1/4 &1/3 scale versions.This plane is a very good place to start for scale modeling.
I've also been considering a Balsa USA Kit: Eindecker or Fokker D-VIII for electric.
Let us know when you start your new project. John Z.
John Z is offline Find More Posts by John Z
Old Aug 23, 2005, 11:48 PM
CD-ROM Junkie
Camas, Washington, USA
Joined Apr 2001
13,453 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Z
That's a lovely plane Art. beautiful scale work! I've been looking for something in a large scale model like this. Sig has the plane in 1/4 &1/3 scale versions.This plane is a very good place to start for scale modeling.
I've also been considering a Balsa USA Kit: Eindecker or Fokker D-VIII for electric.
Let us know when you start your new project. John Z.
Thanks for the kudos John. I've flown the 1/3 Sig Spacewalker too (IC Powered) , flys even better!

OK... Price drop!!! ***$650.00***

Last Bump before heading to ebay! Thanks for looking. 8^)
Closed Thread