HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale

Old Aug 21, 2005, 11:11 AM
Iowa883
n/a Posts
ACME Racing Truck ? Any Good ?

Are these trucks any good ? I see a seller sell them on EBAy. I have always
ran Traxxas electric and now I want to try a nitro . But I also don't want
to get a piece of crap that I can't get parts for.
Thanks,
Iowa883

Old Aug 21, 2005, 03:11 PM
Iowa883
n/a Posts
Re: ACME Racing Truck ? Any Good ?

"Iowa883" <dswebber@netins.net> wrote in message
news:dea1jj$eo0$1@news.netins.net...
> Are these trucks any good ? I see a seller sell them on EBAy. I have
> always ran Traxxas electric and now I want to try a nitro . But I also
> don't want to get a piece of crap that I can't get parts for.
> Thanks,
> Iowa883
>
>

Here is a link for example
http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-R-C-Radio-Re...QQcmdZViewItem

Old Aug 21, 2005, 03:11 PM
M78Ultra
n/a Posts

More than likely it is a piece of crap that you can't get parts for, or you
would have to order from limited sellers.
I would suggest sticking with a recognized name brand.
If your electric has a nitro counterpart (i.e. rustler/nitro rustler) they
will have several common parts which is convenient....

"Iowa883" <dswebber@netins.net> wrote in message
news:dea1jj$eo0$1@news.netins.net...
> Are these trucks any good ? I see a seller sell them on EBAy. I have

always
> ran Traxxas electric and now I want to try a nitro . But I also don't want
> to get a piece of crap that I can't get parts for.
> Thanks,
> Iowa883
>
>

Old Aug 21, 2005, 11:11 PM
Scott Harless
n/a Posts

>Are these trucks any good ? I see a seller sell them on EBAy. I have always
>ran Traxxas electric and now I want to try a nitro . But I also don't want
>to get a piece of crap that I can't get parts for.

I agree with the other reply...avoid "off-brands" and stick
with Traxxas. The Nitro Rustler with the TRX2.5 engine is a
nice truck for bashing. It might also be adequate for racing,
but you might want a Losi XXX-NT or Associated RC10GT if the
truck will spend most of the time on a track...

Scott
Old Dec 26, 2007, 02:01 AM
Joined Dec 2007
1 Posts
Dont Waste Your Money!!

I GOT ONE OF THESE ACME NITRO TRUCKS ON CHRISTMAS EVE.MY FRIEND AND I BROKE IN THE MOTOR,,FOUR TANKS OF FUEL AND THEN I STARTED TO PLAY WITH IT.TWO MORE TANKS OF BEING EASY AND THEN IT WAS READY TO GO,,,,,,FOR ANOTHER 4 TANKS OF FUEL.THE FRONT DIFFERENTIAL WENT OUT!!!!!!!!! THESE TRUCKS EAT UP THE FUEL AND DO NOT GO 60 MPH AS ADVERTISED ON EBAY,,WHICH IS WERE MINE WAS BOUGHT,,IF YOUR LUCKY IT WILL DO ALMOST HALF THAT SPEED.TODAY I PLAYED WIT IT SOME MORE AND 2 TANKS LATER THE REAR DIFFERENTIAL IS GOING OUT..I LOOKED FOR PARTS TO FIX IT,,,"GOOD LUCK",,.I LOOKED ON EBAY AND SEVERAL OTHER SITES.SO TO GET TO WHAT I WANT TO SAY ABOUT THIS truck IS DO NOT BUY IT UNLESS YOU CAN AFFORD $200 FOR AN HOUR OR SO OF FUN.THE NITRO TRUCK I GOT IS THE MONSTER T 1.8 ..I DID FIND A SITE THAT SELLS PARTS FOR THESE TRUCKS!!!! $15 FOR A DIFFERENTIAL,,I NEED TWO NOW,,SO THATS ANOTHER $30 PLUS SHIPPING.THE SITE IS WWW.HAMMONDTOY.COM. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY OR SOMEONE ELSES OR YOUR TIME WITH THIS PIECE OF CRAP!!!!!!!
RCalan is offline Find More Posts by RCalan
Old Apr 28, 2008, 01:12 PM
Joined Apr 2008
1 Posts
I got the R/C NITRO GAS RADIO REMOTE CONTROL CAR RC MONSTER TRUCK off ebay won it for $97.00+ shipping
got it running. It is very fast and all my neighbours want one. The first day I took it easy about 6 tanks of fuel in 2 hours. Day 2 drove the sh*t out of it to see how long it would take to brake it . Broke the front drive gear in a farmers field that has not been plowed so it is very rough and I drove it full out. Day 3 drove into a curb hard the exhaust fell off I just put it back on drove it for about 2 hours hard and the plastic gear that turns the drive shafts broke. Got a new one at the hobby shop it was a Traxxas gear just had to drill 3 holes to get it to work. Day 4 the back gear went. I took the gear box apart and the screws came loose. I took gears from the front and got it running. My wife and I along with our kids love this truck and are going to get more.
you can get parts at http://www.rchighspeed.com/shop/
the gears I need one is $1.00 and the other one is $3.00
not that bad. the truck come with a list of all the part of the truck and part # . this web site has them all same Gears in (metal) and upgrade parts in (Aluminum Alloy)
The hobby shop here is selling a Traxxas truck for $659.00
canadian I don't think so
ed316316 is offline Find More Posts by ed316316
Old Dec 22, 2008, 03:23 PM
Joined Dec 2008
1 Posts
Acme Truck

I bought one for Xmas and it did seem to exhaust the batteries faster than normal. But before i ran it during the break in period the glow plug went bad and also the glow plug igniter that comes with it is horrible so dont expect to get it running. Also i pulled on the starter about 10 times and it jammed. They are notorious for poor built starters. I broke it in and the truck runs great now. It does about 40+ not the 60 it says but its a good starter truck. I ran it hard a few times and never had any problems. If you run any truck hard its to be expected to have to replace parts.
Nitroxx is offline Find More Posts by Nitroxx
Old Jan 06, 2009, 05:33 PM
Joined Jan 2009
1 Posts
i have a acme monster-t this is a 1/10th with a lot of power. i was suprised by the performance i got for the small price tag. some parts are hard plastic so i would sugest buy the upgrade alluminum parts.
krust4u is offline Find More Posts by krust4u
Old Jun 15, 2011, 11:01 AM
Joined Jun 2011
3 Posts
plz help me figure out what acme car i have

i bout this truck for $112.86 us dollers heres the adress from ebay plz help me figure out what it is http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...K%3AMEWNX%3AIT
deathracer is offline Find More Posts by deathracer
Old Jun 15, 2011, 11:39 AM
Joined Jun 2011
3 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathracer View Post
i bout this truck for $112.86 us dollers heres the adress from ebay plz help me figure out what it is i know its a acme but what kind is it http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...K%3AMEWNX%3AIT
ok if any one can help
deathracer is offline Find More Posts by deathracer