HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 18, 2005, 06:07 AM
Norfolk Intl, Virginia, United States
Joined Jul 2002
1,835 Posts
Build Log
Stevens Aero Stella: Building Thread (part 5)

Here's a continuation of the previous:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...&page=41&pp=15

Carry on, guys....
Ted U is online now Find More Posts by Ted U
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 18, 2005, 07:09 AM
LJH
Moths do not fly inverted
Greenwich CT.
Joined Sep 2000
4,191 Posts
.....Maux....woops....let me see if I can get to the PO today. Lets get that baby in the air.

MC,
Roger that especially when we are looking for houses, planning this wedding thing ect. I have learned to just cover most of my planes the same color so she does not notice. Also the fact that she travels at least a week a month makes it possible to do some serious building while she is gone.

Cheers,
Jim
LJH is offline Find More Posts by LJH
Old Aug 18, 2005, 09:01 AM
Team 3DHS
San Antonio, TX
Joined Sep 2004
15,632 Posts
lol, the things we do for our hobby. Btw, I've been married 6 years, and it's been great. Don't let the naysayers convince you otherwise

btw, it's fiancee; fiance' is the guy , lol.
BoneDoc is offline Find More Posts by BoneDoc
Old Aug 18, 2005, 09:19 AM
"$$Crashable Income$$"
Tallahassee, FL
Joined Feb 2004
1,068 Posts
youve obviously got alot on your plate ljh, more than understandable. best wishes for you and your future wife.
maux is offline Find More Posts by maux
Old Aug 18, 2005, 09:33 AM
LJH
Greenwich CT.
Joined Sep 2000
4,191 Posts
Thanks BC,
I actually could not be happier. I have been a firm believer of not jumping on the marrage band wagon too quickly, I have dated 4 women long term and after a long wait I finally met the woman of my dreams at the ripe old age of 38 . She is a very avid sailor, I was actually her watch captain on he '02 Newport to Bermuda ocean race. She is also a great skier, another big plus for me. What more could I ask for, a woman who does the things I do and is cute as a button as well. Now if she would just be more understanding of balsa dust .

Cheers,
Jim
Old Aug 18, 2005, 06:46 PM
Jaded Flyer
United States, FL, Clearwater
Joined Aug 2004
2,025 Posts
lol i wasnt trying to be a naysayer. i've been happily married for 2 years. Well happily for about a year. it took us a year to get used to each others habits. we came to a compromise i get the hobby room and she cant say a thing about it....and she gets everything else and can re-arrange it as many times in one day as she wants.

also i think my last question got overlooked. does anyone know where i can get an FMS file for the stella?
mcharles13 is offline Find More Posts by mcharles13
Old Aug 21, 2005, 06:32 PM
USA, CT, Fairfield
Joined Jul 2004
2,600 Posts
WOW!!!! Just got back from maidening a new powerplant in my Stelly. I shoved, and pryed a Hacker A20-22L into that motor mount replacing an Axi 2212/34. I also got in some new lipos, 1000mah 3s1p 15-20C gems. With this combo and a 11x5.5 E prop from APC and a CC25 I was off to the races with 169watts of giddy up. That's what I'm talkin' about!!! Good stuff, the Stella's a different plane now. Very pleased.

Sleedo

ps. LJH it was cool meeting you Sat., sure I'll run into you at NEAT.
Sleedo is offline Find More Posts by Sleedo
Old Aug 21, 2005, 07:38 PM
LJH
Greenwich CT.
Joined Sep 2000
4,191 Posts
Ed (sleedo),
Absolutly, It is a small world without a doubt, definatly see you up at NEAT. That power package seems about ideal. After playing with gear and props for Stella # 1 I settled on somewhere between 170-190 watts depending on the pack I am useing. This with a 12X6 E or a 12X4.7 SF prop. The Better half and I were up in Newport for the weekend looking at possible wedding venues (this wedding thing is going to put a crimp in the modeling budget) so no more work on the Stella but I hope to have the fuse framed up tomorrow and then I get to start covering I really hate covering but I was really happy how the first one came out. On #2 I am going for a more vivid modern sceme.

Cheers,
Jim
Old Aug 21, 2005, 07:55 PM
"$$Crashable Income$$"
Tallahassee, FL
Joined Feb 2004
1,068 Posts
your sinuses need fiber

"I am going for a more vivid modern sceme."

i realy liked the one stoops did w/ the clear a dazzle bits on it. i thought it was cool.

it kind of enspired me to think of something new for the next dystraction i do. im thinking a painted frame w/ clear covering would be cool.
i was thinking something like, neon yellow on the top of the wing frame and black on the bottom. on the fus i might paint the vertical tail frame neon green or something but im not sure.
i might do a stripe on one of the wings for some more recognition but i think that should be plenty.

ljh, about the dust, you might try and mention the benefits of inhaling fiber. say it keeps your sinus passages regular. ;p
maux is offline Find More Posts by maux
Last edited by maux; Aug 21, 2005 at 08:02 PM.
Old Aug 22, 2005, 08:27 AM
LJH
Greenwich CT.
Joined Sep 2000
4,191 Posts
Maux,
I got some metalic blue but it is not as bright as I was hoping, just ordered some white which is going to be the base color and then I have the matalic blue as well as red and a VERY bright green. I alway though about doing something with trans yellow and painting the frame black, might be pretty neat. I have to tail section packed up and I am going to try to get to the PO today and get it on its way to you.

Cheers,
Jim
Old Aug 24, 2005, 05:25 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jan 2005
1,752 Posts
Jim, Where'd you find the bright green? Lou
lammy1000 is offline Find More Posts by lammy1000
Old Aug 25, 2005, 07:32 AM
LJH
Greenwich CT.
Joined Sep 2000
4,191 Posts
Lou,
here ya go

http://www.stevensaero.com/cart/cart...category_id=33

have not gotten to work on the Stella much in the last few days but I have some time tonight and I hope to get the fuse framed up. Then I get to start covering . Still not sure what sceme I am going with but I will work that out.

Cheers,
Jim
Old Aug 25, 2005, 10:19 AM
LJH
Greenwich CT.
Joined Sep 2000
4,191 Posts
Stella's at NEAT

How many of you Stella fliers will be at NEAT?

Cheers,
Jim
Old Aug 25, 2005, 02:53 PM
USA, CT, Fairfield
Joined Jul 2004
2,600 Posts
I'll be bringing my Stella to NEAT. Can't wait, hope the weather cooperates.

Ed B
Sleedo is offline Find More Posts by Sleedo
Old Aug 25, 2005, 03:12 PM
Scott Stoops
United States, CO, Longmont
Joined Mar 2002
8,411 Posts
I'll be flying Bill's Stella at NEAT... Does that count?
sukhoi26mx is offline Find More Posts by sukhoi26mx