HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 16, 2005, 11:41 AM
Hooked on R/C!
Newcastle, United Kingdom
Joined Aug 2004
24 Posts
TT Nitro with Pats brakes.

Hi Guys.

A couple of posts ago I promised that I would post some pics of the brake conversion on my TT Nitro. Well here they are.

Mods so far:

1 - Pat's twin front cable disc conversion.
2 - CNR polished front rims.
3 - GRP 45's
4 - Duratrax failsafe
5 - Hitec 40FM DCX receiver.
6 - Dubro fuel filter
7 - Re-routed fuel line, pressure pipe and fill pipe.
8 - NF body mounts.
9 - New 'home made' remote glow plug cable to fit OS A3 plugs.

I am awaiting my one piece polished sprocket/hub from Gregor.

Its good to see lots of people buying the TT Nitro. Hopefully creating a bonanza of after market parts specifically for it.

Cheers.
GAZ NITRO is offline Find More Posts by GAZ NITRO
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 16, 2005, 11:54 AM
STeve B in NC
North Carolina, USA
Joined Sep 2003
7,756 Posts
Very nice job! Let us know what difference the GRP tires make.
mollycbr123 is offline Find More Posts by mollycbr123
Old Aug 16, 2005, 12:16 PM
san diego CA
Joined Feb 2004
399 Posts
can you tell me specifics on that glow wire for the os a3's? what size wire, the fitting, etc......... thank you. as you can see i am a serious novice to these bikes.
dr.bjm is offline Find More Posts by dr.bjm
Old Aug 16, 2005, 02:06 PM
Hooked on R/C!
Newcastle, United Kingdom
Joined Aug 2004
24 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.bjm
can you tell me specifics on that glow wire for the os a3's? what size wire, the fitting, etc......... thank you. as you can see i am a serious novice to these bikes.
Hi. See the attached pic. The wire is about 2mm diameter (supplied with a Tamiya electric car kit) crimped at both ends. I rolled the end into a circular tube just small enough to latch onto the OS plug without coming loose.

I only made this as a temporary solution until I come up with something better (been thinking of using a mini croc clip?), but you know how these things are, it may last a long time!
GAZ NITRO is offline Find More Posts by GAZ NITRO
Old Aug 16, 2005, 02:43 PM
san diego CA
Joined Feb 2004
399 Posts
any standard wire should work right?
Old Aug 16, 2005, 03:40 PM
flexwing addict
midlands uk
Joined Sep 2004
2,676 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAZ NITRO

Its good to see lots of people buying the TT Nitro. Hopefully creating a bonanza of after market parts specifically for it.
it is good to see the tt nitros took off, it should do aswell! the build qualitys brilliant compared to the nuova faors and the previous fm-1e (which wasnt bad either!) and the price is quite low aswell which helps
you've done a real good job with ur tt it looks gorgeous, especially with the pats brakes and new wheels
have you considered replacing your rear shock for a lauterbacher one? they make a huge difference compared to stock and look the dogs aswell?
mark675 is offline Find More Posts by mark675
Old Aug 16, 2005, 06:37 PM
san diego CA
Joined Feb 2004
399 Posts
anyone know what size bushing i would need to use to get rid of the stock plastic fake brakes?
Old Aug 16, 2005, 09:19 PM
STeve B in NC
North Carolina, USA
Joined Sep 2003
7,756 Posts
Quote:
anyone know what size bushing i would need to use to get rid of the stock plastic fake brakes?
Front axles are 6mm, so you would need some alum tubing with a slightly larger I.D. if you just wanted to make your own.

Or you could get an FM-1e front axle kit. They are $4-$5 from e-hobbies. Comes with the axle, spacers, washers and axle bolts, everything to put on a naked front wheel. That way you'd have a spare axle too.

Or you could cut off the disks and just leave the stock plastic spacers if you wanted.

HTH
Old Aug 16, 2005, 10:23 PM
Australia
Joined Sep 2003
485 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAZ NITRO
Hi. See the attached pic. The wire is about 2mm diameter (supplied with a Tamiya electric car kit) crimped at both ends. I rolled the end into a circular tube just small enough to latch onto the OS plug without coming loose.

I only made this as a temporary solution until I come up with something better (been thinking of using a mini croc clip?), but you know how these things are, it may last a long time!
Hi Gaz,

The bike looks great, I love the look and style of the new TT frame! I can see from your pic that an opposite handed bracket would have been perfect for mounting the cables, so you could use the existing servo mounting bolts.

Glad it's all gone together nicely for you. I'm still waiting to try out the new rotors I made up that should fit the TT nitro directly; no need for the wheel swap. (A friend in spain has sent one off, it should be here soon)

Pat
pat1967 is offline Find More Posts by pat1967
Old Aug 16, 2005, 10:28 PM
Australia
Joined Sep 2003
485 Posts
Quote:
Hi Bjm,

The stock bushes for the TT electric and NF's atleast, are 8mm OD x 6mm ID x 10mm long, It doesn't look like they've changed it. (My calipers have the spacer integrating as part of them)

Pat
pat1967 is offline Find More Posts by pat1967
Old Aug 17, 2005, 01:41 AM
Mr. Media
San Diego, CA
Joined Aug 2005
14 Posts
Very good! I'll be doing this mod myself, nice job

-Philip
DeGardo is offline Find More Posts by DeGardo
Old Aug 18, 2005, 11:43 AM
san diego CA
Joined Feb 2004
399 Posts
Quote:
Or you could get an FM-1e front axle kit. They are $4-$5 from e-hobbies. Comes with the axle, spacers, washers and axle bolts, everything to put on a naked front wheel. That way you'd have a spare axle too.
Hey Molly are the fm1e and the ducati front axle kits the same thing? can you send me a link to which one i would need for the nitro ducati?
Old Aug 18, 2005, 12:15 PM
STeve B in NC
North Carolina, USA
Joined Sep 2003
7,756 Posts
Sure, just give me a bit to get some work done here at the office. But you can also go to the link that someone posted just recently with the parts and owner's manuals listed. The FM-1e and both Duc front axles are all the same as far as I know.
Old Aug 18, 2005, 01:15 PM
Editor, RCCA
Joined Nov 2004
3,168 Posts
Both Ducatis share the same front axle part number. The FM-1e is different, due to the spacers. The FM-1e part number is PD6051, which the Ducati part number is PD6284.
Guidoracer is offline Find More Posts by Guidoracer
Old Aug 19, 2005, 03:03 AM
United States, CO, Colorado Springs
Joined Jan 2004
1,783 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pat1967
Hi Gaz,

.....I'm still waiting to try out the new rotors I made up that should fit the TT nitro directly; no need for the wheel swap. (A friend in spain has sent one off, it should be here soon)

Pat
Whats this all about Pat?? Do you have pics, and if not can you tell me how this would work? It sounds iteresting!
Tom
metomwhou is offline Find More Posts by metomwhou