HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by Guidoracer, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old May 03, 2006, 09:41 AM
Canada, BC, Sparwood
Joined May 2002
267 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ^jynx^
after losing 2 master links, I finaly made a master link free chain I got sick of the stupid master links.
How did you do that? Just by peening the master link?
thriller is offline Find More Posts by thriller
to remove ads between posts
Old May 03, 2006, 11:14 AM
Not drawn! never was!
Northern Beaches Sydney.
Joined Jan 2005
421 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guidoracer
Sorry, I was thinking about the screws on the ends of the Ducati Electric layshaft. You have the FM-1e layshaft that uses E-clips anyway.
Hey Guidoracer,

I am building an Fm-1e from scratch and the layshaft has hex head screws and tapered washers in each end, not e-clips.

Is that normal? or do I have the wrong layshaft for this bike.

Regards Brettos.
Brettos is offline Find More Posts by Brettos
Old May 03, 2006, 01:01 PM
Editor, RCCA
Joined Nov 2004
3,211 Posts
Yes, that is normal. In later production runs Thunder Tiger updated the FM-1e main layshaft to the ones secured by 3mm screws and washers, as in the electric Ducati exploded view.

Good luck!
Guidoracer is offline Find More Posts by Guidoracer
Old May 03, 2006, 01:35 PM
Belgium
Joined Jun 2005
741 Posts
One piece of advice though, don't run without crashbars if you have screws on the layshaft, or the screws will scratch and become unusable.
I already have had to cut through a layshaft because I couldn't remove it by screwing it out.
w00p is offline Find More Posts by w00p
Old May 03, 2006, 06:35 PM
Not drawn! never was!
Northern Beaches Sydney.
Joined Jan 2005
421 Posts
Cheers for that info guys.

Regards Brettos.
Brettos is offline Find More Posts by Brettos
Old May 03, 2006, 09:53 PM
Danbury, CT
Joined Jun 2005
1,298 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thriller
How did you do that? Just by peening the master link?
if you look at the chain each link has someting on the side(i am laying in bed so i dont have the chain in front of me) well that side of the link can be removed. With some basic tools you can rmove it. All I did was hammer it off with a flat head screw driver. just stuck it in there, hammered a few tiomes and the side of the link poped off.

I had an extra chain(from a past missing link adventure) so I poped a few of the links off just testing it out. So all I did then was just make the chain a solid loop off the bike, put the link in. Used a hammer and punch to widen out the "pins" on the link so the side doenst pop off. And just reninstalled the chain.

Tommarow ill takes pics to help describe what I am talking about
^jynx^ is offline Find More Posts by ^jynx^
Old May 18, 2006, 01:36 AM
Joined May 2006
1 Posts
Tried looking thru the manuals but couldn't find what I need. Is there a way to tighten the drive chain on the electric ducati? since i'm at it, any recommendations for better steering or driving these bikes? First time. Thanks.
jsuliguin is offline Find More Posts by jsuliguin
Old Jun 09, 2006, 12:53 AM
RCMCConline com
San Jose, California, United States
Joined Apr 2002
3,710 Posts
Please, question:

What OS slide carb motor is a "drop in" for the NF501? Anyone know? I just may buy a motor for my NF. I'm not crazy about this serio motor. I'm not good at "tuning" so OS has a very very good system of engineering to control "idle".
**I need the back of the motor to fit right up to where my serio went. I have the NF pull eliminator

I'm eagerly awaiting for an answer.

Kevin
Kev71H is online now Find More Posts by Kev71H
Old Jun 09, 2006, 12:39 PM
Bruce
Palmdale, CA
Joined Sep 2005
2,795 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev71H
Please, question:

What OS slide carb motor is a "drop in" for the NF501? Anyone know? I just may buy a motor for my NF. I'm not crazy about this serio motor. I'm not good at "tuning" so OS has a very very good system of engineering to control "idle".
**I need the back of the motor to fit right up to where my serio went. I have the NF pull eliminator

I'm eagerly awaiting for an answer.

Kevin
How about the new Picco that is used in the SF506? It should be in shortly.

Bruce

slawsonb is offline Find More Posts by slawsonb
Old Jun 09, 2006, 01:19 PM
RCMCConline com
San Jose, California, United States
Joined Apr 2002
3,710 Posts
That would be fine but OS has the dependability and I'm not sure about PICCO. I know OS motors idle great and run well. Dependability is my issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slawsonb

Bruce

Kev71H is online now Find More Posts by Kev71H
Old Jun 09, 2006, 01:47 PM
Bruce
Palmdale, CA
Joined Sep 2005
2,795 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev71H
That would be fine but OS has the dependability and I'm not sure about PICCO. I know OS motors idle great and run well. Dependability is my issue.
OS engines are by far the easiest to tune but don't seem to last as long as a good Italian engine. I like Novarossi the best but you can't get their bike motors. I have a Novarossi and Picco on my 1/8 buggy/truggy and they are both very nice. A little bit of a pain to tune at times though. Siro are not in the same class Novarossi or Picco.

Bruce
Old Jun 10, 2006, 11:57 PM
STeve B in NC
North Carolina, USA
Joined Sep 2003
7,756 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by slawsonb

Bruce

What size picco is that going to be Bruce? I've got a couple of spare Novarossi .12s for the NF, but I'd like to try a bigger mill.

Kev, the OS .18 is pretty much a shoe-in for the NF chassis. Jason (kun114) has one, and one of the guys around here used the same motor. He just used a OWB mounted on a starter motor like I do on my NF, and left the pullstarter off entirely.
mollycbr123 is offline Find More Posts by mollycbr123
Old Jun 11, 2006, 02:09 AM
Bruce
Palmdale, CA
Joined Sep 2005
2,795 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollycbr123
What size picco is that going to be Bruce? I've got a couple of spare Novarossi .12s for the NF, but I'd like to try a bigger mill.
The Picco is still a .12. I should have them in the shop next week.

Bruce
Old Jul 02, 2006, 11:53 AM
Bruce
Palmdale, CA
Joined Sep 2005
2,795 Posts
Looks like the TT manual links are broken.
Old Jul 03, 2006, 01:09 AM
Editor, RCCA
Joined Nov 2004
3,211 Posts
I just updated the AceHobby links. Thanks, Bruce!
Guidoracer is offline Find More Posts by Guidoracer