SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by Guidoracer, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jan 12, 2006, 08:13 PM
www.steliosh.net/rcmoto/
Athens, Greece
Joined Oct 2003
3,350 Posts
It seems I managed to misplace the three aluminum (?) spacers that go on the rear swingarm/chain sprocket/spur gear...
Can anyone say what dimensions are these things and which goes where?
It seems there is a "wide" one, two "narrow" ones... (maybe the two narrow ones are not the same, but one is even narrower...)...

I m talking about the aluminum spacers that are part of the PD6056... but there should also be a spacer between the spur gear and the chassis...

TIA!
steliosh is offline Find More Posts by steliosh
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 12, 2006, 10:28 PM
STeve B in NC
North Carolina, USA
Joined Sep 2003
7,756 Posts
Stelios, the two narrow ones go on the ends, the wider one goes inboard of the front sprocket.
mollycbr123 is offline Find More Posts by mollycbr123
Old Jan 13, 2006, 04:49 AM
www.steliosh.net/rcmoto/
Athens, Greece
Joined Oct 2003
3,350 Posts
are the two narrow ones same width?
Old Jan 13, 2006, 07:40 AM
STeve B in NC
North Carolina, USA
Joined Sep 2003
7,756 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by steliosh
are the two narrow ones same width?
They should be, or at least pretty close. It really only matters that the wider one is next to the front sprocket, otherwise the chain will rub on the side of the swingarm, and you will only find this out when you put the chain on, which will probably be the last item you put on, and so you have to take the whole layshaft assembly back off the chassis to re-arrange the spacers. Ask me how I know this.
mollycbr123 is offline Find More Posts by mollycbr123
Old Jan 13, 2006, 11:46 AM
www.steliosh.net/rcmoto/
Athens, Greece
Joined Oct 2003
3,350 Posts
I know how you know this! haha! It happened to me, as well...
But... my problem is I put the spacers there, wide one near the sprocket, another (slim) one right next to it, then the swingarm, then the spur gear assembly, then another slim one should be on the outer side of the spur, only the ball bearing in the carrier sticks out by about 1-2 mm and of course one cannot mount the e-clip on that side! I must be doing something wrong but Im not sure what!

Oh... all this with the set screws of the spur and sprocket unbolted, so they rotate freely side to side...
I do them last.

I m puzzled! It HAS to be easy, but... I m just puzzled!!!!! haha!
Old Jan 13, 2006, 01:04 PM
No Shelf Queens.No Bling
Newark.Nottinghamshire.UK
Joined Jan 2005
2,961 Posts
I always find it easiest to assemble the swing arm,layshaft,sprocket,spur gear,spacers and the bearings on the bench.
You can check for sprocket and chainwheel alignment with a straight edge and adjust the spacers to suit.

Just put one circlip or retaining screw on one end of the layshaft and fit a bearing tight up to it.Assemble everything including the bearing at the other end. When you're happy tighten the grub screws in the spur and chain sprocket.I usually fit the chain at the same time.

Remove the bearings from each end and the insert the whole assembley into the frame.Then fit the bearings and bearing carriers onto the outside of the frame.

Saves all that poking the allen wrench inside the frame and you know it's all lined up and going to fit okay

Allan
Allan Waterfall is offline Find More Posts by Allan Waterfall
Old Jan 13, 2006, 02:05 PM
www.steliosh.net/rcmoto/
Athens, Greece
Joined Oct 2003
3,350 Posts
That's the way I do it too, Allan...

But... notice the bearing on the right side of the pic! The e-clip CAN be mounted there, but the right spacer forces the bearing out of its housing! Weird, isn't it?!
Old Jan 13, 2006, 02:26 PM
No Shelf Queens.No Bling
Newark.Nottinghamshire.UK
Joined Jan 2005
2,961 Posts
IIRC the three spacers on the electric NF are 2,3 and 4 mm wide.Maybe you've got an oversize spacer in there somewhere ?

Allan
Allan Waterfall is offline Find More Posts by Allan Waterfall
Old Jan 14, 2006, 12:14 PM
www.steliosh.net/rcmoto/
Athens, Greece
Joined Oct 2003
3,350 Posts
oop! yes! that's what I was looking for: The sizes! I ve got TWO of the 3mm spacers, and (probably) lost the 2mm!
Thanks, Allan!

I probably mixed the spacers with those from Pat's Brakes kit...
Old May 01, 2006, 07:52 AM
Belgium
Joined Jun 2005
741 Posts
Right, could someone please tell me wich way the chainlink goes on?
In the exploded view, it shows a piece of chain outside of the drawing, with the round end of the clip facing towards the rear of the bike.
Could you please tell me if it has to go like that on top or on the bottom side of the pinion/spur. (if you understand what I'm saying...)
w00p is offline Find More Posts by w00p
Old May 01, 2006, 08:44 AM
Canada, BC, Sparwood
Joined May 2002
267 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by w00p
Right, could someone please tell me wich way the chainlink goes on?
In the exploded view, it shows a piece of chain outside of the drawing, with the round end of the clip facing towards the rear of the bike.
Could you please tell me if it has to go like that on top or on the bottom side of the pinion/spur. (if you understand what I'm saying...)
I think I understand what you are asking. You will always install the clip so that the round part is facing forward when the master link is at the top of the rear sprocket. This is the same as a full size bike. Bikes don't go reverse and this is to keep the clip from catching something around the small sprocket side and pulling off, if that makes any sense to you
thriller is offline Find More Posts by thriller
Old May 01, 2006, 09:16 AM
Belgium
Joined Jun 2005
741 Posts
Yeah thanks, exactly what I had to know but didn't want to hear!
I hate prying around with small clips.
Old May 01, 2006, 10:42 AM
www.steliosh.net/rcmoto/
Athens, Greece
Joined Oct 2003
3,350 Posts

This is how the link should be installed.
Old May 02, 2006, 02:35 PM
Belgium
Joined Jun 2005
741 Posts
Thanks, I've got it right this time!
Old May 03, 2006, 08:20 AM
Danbury, CT
Joined Jun 2005
1,298 Posts
after losing 2 master links, I finaly made a master link free chain I got sick of the stupid master links.
^jynx^ is offline Find More Posts by ^jynx^