SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Aug 15, 2005, 04:03 PM
Joined Aug 2005
126 Posts
Cool
NF Nitro Vs TT Nitro

Humm…. thats whats in my mind right now, should I invest more into my NF nitro or just
Drop the idea, and move on and get the new TT nitro. Does any body had a chance to compare the two bike
Side by side performance wise, I know NF’s are high CG bikes and a little light on the from wheels, but
As I looked at the new TT nitro designs, the CG is lower, looks good too, but how does it perform, any advice from
The experts?
PPabalan is offline Find More Posts by PPabalan
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 15, 2005, 04:33 PM
STeve B in NC
North Carolina, USA
Joined Sep 2003
7,756 Posts
I'm no expert, but I have both. I'm kinda partial to NF's, probably just due to my being so used to them. But IMO, both bikes are about the same, OOB. They behave differently, and both need some tinkering to get them to handle well. Both mfg.'s have taken a few shortcuts in components (NF--way too much plastic, TT--crappy tires, whimpy engine), and these will probably have to be upgraded by the owner at some point.

The last bike I got was a TT, and I recommend it. Mainly because of the price. You can't beat it: just batteries, fuel, and a cordless drill, and you're out running.
mollycbr123 is offline Find More Posts by mollycbr123
Old Aug 15, 2005, 04:46 PM
Joined Mar 2005
90 Posts
What he said.
BJ 1000RR is offline Find More Posts by BJ 1000RR
Old Aug 15, 2005, 11:05 PM
STeve B in NC
North Carolina, USA
Joined Sep 2003
7,756 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PPabalan
should I invest more into my NF nitro or just Drop the idea, and move on and get the new TT nitro.
Didn't notice that you already have an NF. The only changes that I have made to my NF are GRP tires, replacement rims (smashed the stock cast ones otherwise they would still be on there), added 1/10 car springs to stiffen the front forks, relocated the crashbar mounts, added a rear height adjuster from Allan Waterfall, tapped a remote reservior onto the rear shock, and put replacement TT bodywork/rider on it (NF bodywork died along the way).

My NF runs and handles fine, with a relatively small amount of extra money invested, but a lot of time invested in learning what I wanted the bike to do.

It will be the same story if you get a new TT. You will not be completely happy with the handling OOB, and will have to learn what you want your bike to be able to do, and then figure out how to make it do it.

HTH
mollycbr123 is offline Find More Posts by mollycbr123
Old Aug 17, 2005, 05:15 AM
Big thrills w/o hospital bills
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Sep 2003
3,716 Posts
NF Nitro Vs TT Nitro,.. It's to early to say right now. Well, untill I get mine that is..! (Still waiting )

Shaun
scaulfi is offline Find More Posts by scaulfi
Old Aug 17, 2005, 12:48 PM
Joined Feb 2005
503 Posts
Who else is waiting for tt-nitro delivery ???

Oh me...
SUMO13 is offline Find More Posts by SUMO13
Old Aug 18, 2005, 04:08 AM
United States, CO, Colorado Springs
Joined Jan 2004
1,783 Posts
Meee twooooo!!
metomwhou is offline Find More Posts by metomwhou
Old Aug 18, 2005, 11:30 AM
Almería,Southeast Spain
Joined Jun 2005
29 Posts
I have both too and I agree with mollycbr123 in almost everything.
NF too much plastic and TT is almost every hop ups in stock bike. I have both of serial (like the manufacturer sell it) and the TT is more handable than the other. I didn´t drive with bikes, but TT was too much easy than NF thst is a little more nervous with the sirio engine. By other part, this engine runs better than TT one but is too much difficult to carburate. Now I have some parts diferent. I made some spacers myself on the NF and other things, like the pro hub of 25T of CNR. In the TT I have put the bars in reverse mode, upper, and now I turn better and quicker. The brake is better in TT (without no doubt) but worse than the Pat rear brake I have on my NF, hehehe
I will telling you more impresions of my little little experience with them.
xboxer is offline Find More Posts by xboxer