SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Aug 15, 2005, 04:29 PM
in persuit of low wing loading
Boston, Mass
Joined May 2001
6,439 Posts
Printed Tissue Graphics Files

This thread is to post and share files suitable for printed tissue graphics. It is not for uploading copywrited graphics like those from Fiddler's Green. Free downloads from them can be found on their site anyway. Graphics files can be for profile or full fuselage planes, essentially whatever anyone has created. Exceptionally poorly done graphics will have their files deleted. In otherwords, at least some reasonable amount of time should be expended so we don't have junk graphics files cluttering up this thread. No one should be scared away, just try and put some time into your graphics such that others would want to make your plane.

This is not a thread for discussing printed tissue techniques, other than how to download and use files people have created. If you post a set of grahics, please give at least an overview of your plane, size, equipment, etc and any special considerations. If you feel you need it you can uses several posts to get all the details and files or contructio nnotes you want in the thread. And, of course, please post a picture of your finished plane so people can see what the finished product looks like.

Asking questions, or just comments is ok. Periodically I will go throught and delete old chit chat to keep the thread compact. But, current chat definitely construction questions are ok.

I'll flesh all this out more as time goes by.
Gordon Johnson is offline Find More Posts by Gordon Johnson
Last edited by Gordon Johnson; Aug 15, 2005 at 11:48 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 15, 2005, 04:29 PM
Boston, Mass
Joined May 2001
6,439 Posts
placeholder
Old Aug 15, 2005, 04:30 PM
Boston, Mass
Joined May 2001
6,439 Posts
These are the files for the 10-inch span 9.1g version of the Monocoupe. It's built entirely from 2mm Depron, with the tail sanded down to about 1mm thick. The wheels do not roll. The wheels and pants are one piece of 1/64 light ply, covered on both sides with tissue and then attached to very thin piano wire. This plane is for hand launching only since the wheels do not roll. Receiver is Plantraco Micro9 with Bahoma, actuators are BSD MicroAct, cell is Didel/Plantraco 30mAh, and propulsion is a 7:1 4mm pager watch gear box that Ralph Bradley made me, with a 3.0x2.2 CF prop. See my Monocoupe for more pictures and some additional details.

All the graphics fit on one 8.5x11 page. A second page has the templates for cutting the Depron.

Gordon
Last edited by Gordon Johnson; Aug 18, 2005 at 09:28 PM.
Old Aug 15, 2005, 04:30 PM
Boston, Mass
Joined May 2001
6,439 Posts
Here are the files for the 16.5-inch span version of my Monocoupe, but with a more traditional color scheme. It also has ID numbers, the Monocoupe logo, and the three flying bird logos on the side of the fuselage.

My version of this plane is for micro brushless. More details, and some of the construction step pictures, can be found on my Micro Brushless Monocoupe page.

This plane in 16.5-inch span is suitable for a variety of equipment configurations. It could be an actuator plane with a JMP actuator Combo RX, BSD MiniAct's, and either an M20-LV or SuperSlicks 7mm motor geared about 4:1 for either motor and with a 5x3 prop. It could just as easily use the same propulsion system and a JMP ServoCombo RX with a pair of Falcon or similar servos. Note that both these JMP receivers have built in ESC's. Or, you can go the "Full Monte" as I have and use a micro brushless system.

The graphics consists of six pages of graphics, sized for 8.5x14 inch paper due to the length of the fuselage and wing span. The last two pages contain templates for cutting out the Depron. The other four pages contain the color graphics, which are sized larger to allow the graphics to wrap around the edges of the Depron and be trimmed off. There are rectangular yellow regions to use for tissue to cover the wing struts and landing gear struts. See my site for pictures of the landing gear, which is pianowire with Depron taped on it at the leading edge, and then covered with tissue.

The file "Monocoupe-16.pdf" is an Acrobat file containing all six pages.

The file "Monocoupe-16-Corel.zip" is a WinZip file containing the Corel Draw file, saved in version 8.

The file "Monocoupe-16-jpg.zip" is a WinZip file containing six individual jpg files of the six pages. Each of these will need to be resized depending on the resolution of the graphics package you use. They will need to be resized until the wing span in the templates-1.jpg file is 8.25 inches. Or, they can be resized to the size plane you want to make.

WHICH VERSION OF THE GRAPHICS TO USE
The best file to use is the Corel file. Corel is a vector graphics program, rather than bit mapped. This means you will get non-jagged lines when printing. And, you can easily resize the graphics or change colors. Version 8 of Corel can usually be purchased on the Net for about $40 to $50.

The Adobe PDF file is the next best to use as it requires no software that can't be found free. The pages should print out as is. But, lines will be jagged and you can't resize it or change colors.

The jpg files are the worst to use. These will have jagged lines and will have to be resized before printing as different graphics programs will print them in different sizes. And, you can't change the colors.

As I get time I will make a couple of other color schemes and post those files in the next two posts. Don't hold your breath.

Ok, let's see some other Monocoupes.

Gordon
Last edited by Gordon Johnson; Aug 17, 2005 at 08:44 AM.
Old Aug 15, 2005, 09:57 PM
Boston, Mass
Joined May 2001
6,439 Posts
More Monocoupe 16 inch files
Last edited by Gordon Johnson; Aug 16, 2005 at 12:37 AM.
Old Aug 15, 2005, 09:57 PM
Boston, Mass
Joined May 2001
6,439 Posts
Placeholder #5
Old Aug 15, 2005, 09:58 PM
Boston, Mass
Joined May 2001
6,439 Posts
Placeholder #6
Old Aug 15, 2005, 11:11 PM
4000 posts?!
United States, TX, Fort Worth
Joined Jan 2005
4,048 Posts
my contribution - F4U Corsair

this is a good idea Gordon, hopefully it'll get more people into printed tissue.

anyway, here's the Corsair i did a while ago. i wish the plane flew as well as it looked, but unfortunately it didnt and have since been preoccupied with other newer projects. i intend on revisiting this plane and making it fly - whether its wants to or not. once i get Corel working again, i plan on having a little fleet of profile printed tissue war birds (corsair, P-38, P-51, P-40, spitfire, and hopefully the XF5U-1).

the plane was powered with a red 7mm SS motor with a cut down 3x2 GWS prop. the electronics and bird-style actuator were all from a clone of the WAMF that never flew, as was the 200mah lipo. 17g AUW, all balsa construction

well, here's the files, including the original plan i worked off of. all drawn with CorelDraw.

nick
micro_builder is offline Find More Posts by micro_builder
Last edited by micro_builder; Aug 16, 2005 at 12:34 AM.
Old Aug 15, 2005, 11:33 PM
Boston, Mass
Joined May 2001
6,439 Posts
Nick,
You need to zip the Corel file and then upload the zipped file. Corel files are not approved files (which are listed in the manage files dialogue box). Thanks for posting your files.

Gordon
Old Aug 15, 2005, 11:46 PM
4000 posts?!
Joined Jan 2005
4,048 Posts
yeah i finally figured it out. i need to read more closely. i've got two more printed tissue planes, but i only have the corel files for them. and since my coreldraw isnt working, i cant convert them to PDF files, so not everyone could use them, so i'm going to hold off untill i get corel going again.

feel free to delete this post.

nick
Old Sep 15, 2005, 03:04 AM
4000 posts?!
Joined Jan 2005
4,048 Posts
P-40 WarHawk

i got CorelDraw going again, so here's my 2nd warbird, the P-40 WarHawk. i just finished the drawings, but i havent started building the plane yet - it should be done tomarrow. i'm re-working the F4U Corsair a little, so there will be updated files for that one sometime soon (a little lighter color of blue, and grey lines that you can actually see once printed). the Mustang is already in the works, and the spitfire will be after that. i'll post the completed plane in the printed tissue madness thread once its finished. enjoy

nick

edit: plane is now assemebled, waiting for electronics and a maiden. http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...22#post4315004
Last edited by micro_builder; Sep 25, 2005 at 03:03 PM.
Old Sep 24, 2005, 02:35 AM
4000 posts?!
Joined Jan 2005
4,048 Posts
Chuck Yeager P-51D

here's my rendition of Chuck Yeagers P-51D Mustang. i tried to get the graphics as close to his as possible, hope its close enough. my dream of having a little fleet of profile war birds is coming close to being full filled! enjoy

nick
Old Sep 25, 2005, 12:29 PM
Boston, Mass
Joined May 2001
6,439 Posts
Nick,
Nice planes and graphics. Thanks for sharing.

Gordon
Old Sep 25, 2005, 01:33 PM
4000 posts?!
Joined Jan 2005
4,048 Posts
no problem, Gordon. i've got the Spitfire left to do and i think i should be good for a while. i've still got those P-38 plans too, but i didnt know if you were going to post yours in one of your placeholders, so i've waited.

if anyone likes the plans but wants differant colors, it isnt hard to change, so just let me know. also, if there's another warbird someone would like to see, let me know about that too, all i'll need is the 3 view.

nick
Old Sep 26, 2005, 11:27 AM
Gambler-AG DLG Designer
Lee, NH, USA
Joined Jun 2001
5,192 Posts
Gordon and Nick, thanks for sharing. This is definitely worthy of a sticky!

Nick, if you did a Tuskeegee Mustang, it would go from a want to have to a MUST have for me. Great work!

Al
Allan Wright is offline Find More Posts by Allan Wright